All reviews german food the owner an early flight near airport next morning a great stay rex barbara shepherd honduras oktoberfest
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Great authentic German food! The owner, manager was very accommodating and friendly with a wealth of knowledge about the region.
The Hotel is a little hard to find, but worth the effort. We missed Octoberfest, but maybe next year!! There is a dog on premises ... Rex is a lovely German Shepherd

Room Tip: Two bedrooms and large common area with kitchen available at a very reasonable price.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

I arrived at Rainbow Village as an overnight layover trip, but it has become a great night with such an amazing owner! From great conversationalist, to honest, willing and able to make a hotel unique and in top notch state, to AMAZING CHEF (the smell of onions and bacon for my Spaetzle is stuff of dreams)....not to mention real GERMAN BEER...Rainbow Village hits it OUT OF THE PARK! Feel at home with a German Cultural infusion... and Comisario Rex is the sweetest, low key dog.
I will most definitely stay here any time I am in Ceiba.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank jenny i
Reviewed September 23, 2017

I recently retired from teaching a year ago and me and my family have been living in La Ceiba a little over a year. We have heard about Rainbow Village for a long time but never got around to stop in.Now this is probably a good thing because I would have gained 5 or 10 pounds between now and then. We went to Rainbow Village yesterday for the first time and we were very pleasantly surprised. Barbara,is the owner and chef at Rainbow Village, and there is no mistaking that she is. Barbara is the jewel of Rainbow Village,she does it all. My family loves Oktoberfest because of the food, music and the people. We think everyday is Oktoberfest at Rainbow Village. The food is fantastic, she makes it fresh to order.The beer is cold and yes, German beer, WOW! I could write more, but we are on our way back there. Please don't wait a year to go to Rainbow Village. George

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2017

In 2016, my husband and I traveled with our two children (ages 7 and 3) and my Dad, and we shared a two-bedroom "apartment." Miss Barbara is a fantastic hostess. Her German food is fantastic. She is patient. The rooms are impeccable. The pool is tiny but clean, and perfect for the kids of any age. There's a really nice bar and eating area. Great travel advice. We will be back next year :)

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be good options
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2017

Barb From Rainbow Village is an excellent Hostess and the food is also very good. Our group arrived at two different times to the Le Ceiba airport and Barb was there to pick all of us up. Rainbow Village is a very inviting for your stay in the city or just doing a stop-over.

Stayed: February 2017