Holiday Inn Athens-University Area(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$116
Graduate Athens(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$95
Official Site
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

US$124
Best Western Athens(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$75
Hotels.com
US$66
US$56
US$55
All reviewshardwood floorsthe penthouselocal artgreat hotelfire pitnicest hotelwalk in showerin townwalking distance to downtownbed was very comfortablerestaurants and shopsfew blocksthe location is perfectclassic centerfitness centerdefinitely stay here againstaff was friendly
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night on a Tuesday for a conference.

Cons: Outside noise could be heard all night inside my room. A random clicking noise above me (how is that possible on the top floor?) and my neighbor’s toilet flushing distinctly throughout my stay. Remote for TV had poor reaction time on click. WIFI degraded considerably (defined as unusable) during peak hours 6-10pm. Light in entry way has no switch, wall or otherwise. Had to unplug. There’s no service elevator so twice I got to smell the trash getting on at the lobby. Parking $10 in February in Athens, Georgia? Yikes. Small item but bed had to be slept on in the middle - seemed to roll to the sides.

Pros: Pillows were nice. Numerous TV channels - remote problem put damper on watching. Wish there were more.

Unfortunately I won’t stay here next time in Athens and can’t recommend it. The noises were the deal breaker.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Hello Bill G,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Hotel Indigo Athens Downtown - University Area, GA. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about the pillows and television channels.

However,on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the noise, toilet, elevator and parking arrangement. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 4, 2018

We loved the hotel and the clean, spacious room. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly. So why four stars instead of five? Sound level. The hard floors and walls amplify every little noise in the room, so next time I stay here (I have another reservation later this month) I'll bring a white noise machine to cover up some of the sound. I could easily hear my neighbors and people in the hall, and they could probably hear me. The parking is inexpensive for Athens and walking to downtown or the convention center is quick and easy. I'll stay here again, but be prepared with earplugs next time.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2018

We were here for 1 night...check in process was easy. The lobby is very open with a bar in the lobby. They do not have bellman so if people do not return carts you lug everything yourself. Room was clean, fresh. We felt the lights were dim - bathroom had lights but no switch. The room would be 5stars if there was a refrigerator. Not to keen on all the basket bins - just need regular dresser drawers but instead have to stalk my belongings in a bin? I was waiting for the elevator at one point and an employee came up and started pushing the buttons like I hadn't been waiting and already done that. Never said hello - stood in front of me and then finally went and leaned on the table on the landing where I got some ohhh so nice words out of her mouth that she was annoyed the elevator was taking too long. Then proceeds to get on the elevator before me....the paying guest. I have a feeling there is no service elevator and staff use the same elevator as guests...as many times our doors opened to the service hall. Just a little retraining on customer service - especially if their in common space more than normal. Great hotel - perfect location, parking was safe and secure.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed January 23, 2018

My Daughter is at UGA and wanted to try this arty type of hotel rather than the traditional. I should say I travel world wide for work and have stayed in hundreds of hotels so I'm familiar with what basics a hotel should get right. From the outside this looks like an office complex or some type of army barracks. Inside the furnishings resemble a Scandinavian minimalist hotel and have a cold feel. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms are quite large with a decent size bathroom with a few toiletries. Water pressure is fairly low but warmed up quickly. Towels were adequate. The king bed was gigantic and comfortable. Pillows were extremely thick and gave us neck ache. TV is too small for the room. It was interesting to lay in bed and observe the giant concrete slabs overhead. Room was quiet except one could hear toilets being flushed overhead. Hallway was very loud from ignorant people. Parking is limited and a pain. The price was exorbitant. I understand this is a college town and hotels cash in at major events however this was January and I paid over $250 a night. For that amount the hotel should have included breakfast or have improved furnishings or something.

Room Tip: At the end of the hall because of noise
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scrumper10
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Hi Scrumper10,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns while being our guest at our hotel. It is good to read that you opted to chose our hotel for your travel needs and found our helpful staff and accommodation commendable. However, I am sorry to hear about your experience with the pillow condition, parking availability and noise levels you encountered. Our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you experienced. It is comments such as yours either positively or negatively that highlights certain areas for us to focus on to become the best Hotel in the area. Your feedback will be reviewed by our upper management for future refurbishments.

It was a pleasure hosting you and your family. I hope our team will have a chance to provide you a better stay and earn your loyalty in the future.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Indigo for a work week. Hotel was quiet, stylish, and staff were quite helpful and friendly.

Breakfast service was good but a little slow if one is running short on time.

Hotel restaurants can be hit or miss, but I found the dinner at the cafe to be quite good, the one night I did not venture out for dinner.

Fitness center was clean and equipment was modern and in good repair. I did have to remind the staff to refill the water dispenser a couple times, but once reminded, they had it refilled within 5 minutes of my asking

It is an easy walk to campus or to te many restaurants downtown.

There is a nightly fee for parking in the hotel lot.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business