All reviewspancake machineroom was cleanin townhot breakfaststaff was friendlyenjoyed my stayexcellent stayfootball gameuga campusvarsityernestodowntownpetgeorgiarateshurricaneconference
Reviewed February 19, 2016

The rooms are clean, but small. There really isn't a place to put your suitcase down to open it other than the bed. Parking is not good. This hotel is under construction so you have to go down a side street to get to the parking from the office. The parking is still in front of your room, but it's tight. The breakfast is minimal at best and you have to walk back up the side street to get to it. I think this will be a nice hotel when the new part is finished, but right now it's just OK. There isn't a fitness room either.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank USNAUTmom
TrippMoore170, General Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2016

USNAUTmom, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and for working with us as we transition to a new building. I'm sorry to hear our complementary hot breakfast (complete with eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy and a pancake machine) did not meet your demands. We hope you'll give us another shot once our building (complete with a fitness center) is done!

Reviewed February 14, 2016

A clean, comfortable room with a friendly staff at a budget price. Close to downtown & The Classic Center. I was travelling solo and felt perfectly safe. Having the Varisty acrossacross the dtreet was a plus

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
TrippMoore170, General Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2016

It makes my day to know that one of our guests had a superb experience at our property, chambleechick! Clean and affordable are the two qualities we strive for the most. Let us know next time you're in town and we can accommodate you with another clean and affordable room!

Reviewed February 5, 2016 via mobile

I got one of the last rooms in Athens when I booked about two weeks ago. I understand there was a sorority mother-daughter function.

The hotel is old style, with outside balconies. I checked in about 9 pm. The clerk, who was nice, took a while to assign me. He put me upstairs on a corner, which he thought would be comfortable for a solo woman traveler.

As many have mentioned, this property is under construction as they build a more modern facility. It's a maze to find your way to the rooms in the back.

When I got there, it was clean and well-equipped. There was a jacuzzi in the main sleeping area, which was shall we say unique.

The bed was comfortable, and it was quiet, despite the location off busy streets.

I'm glad they are modernizing. I'll try them again when they are finished.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ltmc01

I appreciate your feedback, Ltmc01! Thank you for tolerating the construction we have on our property. As you can probably guess, navigating our property will be much easier once we have our new building finished (I hope the clerk who assisted you provided you with a map of our property). We can't wait for you to stay with us again once the building is finished! Ask for a top level building; the skyline of the city will look great from there/

Reviewed February 3, 2016 via mobile

Worst place to stay if you are handicapped. No help getting to hotel from hospital, and night clerk gave attitude about checking out. Had to call someone from out of town for help getting a ride to hotel to check out.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank dadams53
TrippMoore170, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2016

dadams53, I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. The owner, Liz, spent 3 hours phoning businesses in Athens (from Taxi companies to Medical Transportation companies to churches) trying to locate a service that could transport you to the hospital. None were in your price range, so you declined every alternative we presented you.

Reviewed February 3, 2016

I was happy with the service of the hotel, but the jacuzzi needs to be cleaned. I am a loyal Best Western Rewards member. I enjoy staying at Best Westerns in several state, Florida, Geaorgia, Alabama, etc. However, the dirty jacuzzi has turned me off at this time. Maybe my next experience will be better.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jessica U, I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with our Jacuzzi. We take cleanliness seriously at this property, and can assure you that this was an isolated event where proper attention to detail was not exercised. Let us know when you're in town again, we'll make sure your next experience is better!