All reviews north tower executive tower great location front desk staff in town within walking distance breakfast buffet broad st university area hotel bar few blocks can't beat the location the room was nice business trip early check beds were very comfortable visiting uga
Reviewed September 16, 2018

The rooms were clean and comfortable. That was the good part. The towers are confusing. Those who booked at the same time and checked in at the same time were all in separate towers, so getting everyone where they were staying was confusing. Breakfast was supposed to be included, but it was a grab and go kind of thing. One person went for the real breakfast, was never told it was not included, and when she brought her dishes up, was told it was a pay breakfast, and charged her. An evening at the bar was horrible...The lighting is so bright at 9pm I needed to squint. The waitstaff are extremely slow, and they shouldn't serve mixed drinks. It took about 8 minutes to see the waitress, 15 minutes to get water, and 30 minutes from walking in to get the actual drinks. I ordered a standard mixed drink. Others ordered a drink off the menu, and wine. When the drinks arrived, our water was all gone, and the drinks were not as ordered. They were straight up alcohol. Cranberry/Vodka with lime was straight up vodka with a lime. A sundrop was straight up vodka with a lemon - no juice or sugar on the rim. If I could have gotten the tab sooner than an hour, I would have. An hour was too long to spend under heat lamps for a shot of vodka. Remember to hit up the liquor store and skip the hotel bar. Its cheaper, more pleasant, and you can make your own drink the way it should be.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens-University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Hello Eileen T!

We'd like to provide all our guests the joy of travel. Having said that, it's great to hear that our clean and comfy rooms were the highlight of your stay. I'm very sorry though about the service you received from our bar and your dismay on our lack of free breakfast. I know your party's different room assignments in the towers didn't help either.

I'll be sure to pass on your comments to our F&B Supervisor and Front Office Manager for review. They'll surely take your concerns into consideration when making decisions about our future upgrades.

This may not be a perfect stay, but thanks for choosing us among your many lodging options in Athens and letting us know about what you think. We hope travels bring you back our way, so we can deliver a five-star experience next time.

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 12, 2018

I am in Athens on business frquently and I always stay at this Holiday Inn. I always book a Deluxe King room in the North Tower. The North Tower is newer and I find it more comfortable than the older section, or even the Executive Tower, which is supposed to be an upgrade, but I don't like it as well. Many North Tower King rooms have a small couch and table. The "82-numbered corner rooms" are really big and super comfy. Get one if you can.
I have had food delivered from outside with no problem, and I have used room service from the hotel restaurant as well, which is decent food quickly for a bit high price, but worth the convenience.
The cleaning staff is always kind and flexible to work around my schedule if I take meetings or am checking out late.
The front desk staff always try to be accommodating for early check-ins and late check outs, which is a HUGE help.
Recently, I got very sick on my way to Athens and was stuck in the hotel for a week. Every staff member was super kind and helpful by extending my reservation several times, bringing extra pillows and blankets, helping me get food delivered, keeping my room clean and linens changed, just going the extra mile. I was VERY appreciative.
This location can be a bit wild during football season since it is right downtown, but asided from game days, it is a great place to be.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank athbirdlady
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

The staff members are extremely friendly. What a great place to stay, especially on a game weekend. They make you feel right at home. Great location near campus. I love that there is free parking in game weekends. I love the ice cream for fans. I stay here whenever I come to town.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

The old school Holiday Inn is great. It takes you back to the Holiday Inn you grew up with. They have done a great job keeping up the property. Close to Campus Close to dining. Close to having a drink with friends and your student. Pool roomy & clean and has towels for your convenience. I will be back

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Mere words cannot convey my extreme gratitude and appreciation for the Staff of the Athens Holiday Inn. A much needed vacation for my teenaged daughter and myself quickly turned in to every road trip traveler’s nightmare- car trouble. Not just any sort of trouble though- gasoline was, quite literally, pouring out from underneath my vehicle! We were absolutely stranded on our first trip to Georgia, not knowing a soul and at the start of move in week at the University of Georgia. Kathy Partridge and Traci Waddell rose above the standard of expectations, not only in regard to the hospitality industry, but truly as role models for who we all should strive to be as human beings. They took us under their wing, made us feel like family and assured us that everything would work out just fine- for five days. My daughter and I plan to return to Athens next year all due to these two amazing women!!

Date of stay: August 2018