All reviews room was clean free breakfast ga downtown rates cons university
Reviewed June 4, 2018

The hotel was. Lean and well kept. The pool was very clean and well managed. We had s smoking room which when we entered there was no stale smoke smell. It was very clean and smelled fresh. We will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Athens, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

B3377SVchristianc,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the cleanliness and fresh smell of your lodgings. Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. We're glad you had a good time with us and Our team will be waiting for your next return for another well-deserved break.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Really nice retro redo. unfortunately cannot download pics from phone.
Rooms have been refitted, like the original hojo's. really cool orange and blue
redo . reminded me of the glory days of road travel. Very clean property.
Nice guy at desk.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

jbtraveller2000,

Thank you for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and
hospitality of Howard Johnson Inn Athens . Our ultimate ambition is to provide a five star experience, and we are thrilled to learn that we have succeeded. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in the area.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We booked a room at the last minute. Inside was clean and orderly. We had two young kids who were exhausted. Our room was right by the office and had a bar with live music. The music was so loud the TV couldn’t block it out. Also there were people down the hall constantly smoking illegal substances. Kind of disappointed since I was there with my children. Had it been a game day night I may have not been so bothered. If I had known all this ahead of time I would have paid a little more for another hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Athens, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

LeighAnnWilliams,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during yourreyour stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you experienced. We wish you would have informed the front desk staff regarding this matter, so we can transfer you in a room that suits your comfort. I do hope you'll return and let us show you a far better experience.

Reviewed May 13, 2018

Clean, quiet, well-located, priced right. I give it 2 thumbs up. The property is well maintained. Nice pool. The restaurant next door was very convenient and very affordable. This hotel was the perfect stopover as I traveled from Tampa to Columbus, and I'm sure it's popular with people coming to Athens for college purposes. A+++

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Athens, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

richardreau,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the of Howard Johnson Inn Athens Hotel. We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience as a good value for your money. We hope to impress you again during your next visit and we thank you for sharing your five star experience!

Reviewed April 9, 2018

I stayed at this Howard-Johnsons nearly 50 years ago when I was a kid. I had heard that the property had fallen on hard times. However I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room I ended up with. They also had a free breakfast that I managed to wake up for. I mostly had coffee along with a few yogurts, since I have been fasting (skipping) breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Athens, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

William G,

Thank you so much for staying at the of Howard Johnson Inn Athens Hotel. We are all pleased to learn we were able to make you feel comfortable and that our services and accommodations lived up to your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty and we are looking forward to seeing you again.