“Average place”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Food was okay, steak sauce was good. Steaks could be more tasty. Staff is nice, no wait time. Ribs are the best at this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I have been to this location before, and also two locations in Charleston South Carolina. This location offers friendly servers and wonderful food. I have a half rack of ribs. My husband had the ribeye. We had the calamari also. I found the Asian sauce to be a bit spicy but the marinara was excellent. If you're looking for a good steakhouse, this is your place.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Food was extremely fresh, made steak to your order. Friendly team.
All in all, just a great steakhouse,

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Tired décor that relies on ties to the Masters. Could use an update. Steaks were flavorless. Caesar salad was not as good as one from a fast food restaurant. House salad was fresh but dressing tasted bottled. Baked potato was good but not special. Did not live up to its reputation or price.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Very sorry to have to say this, as I've been there a hundred times and left happy......
So, I've been visiting TBonz for many years, since they opened, going back to the days where they could rightfully boast of having the "Best steak known to man". But my, how times have changed. We went there tonight after a 2 year absence (too many other favorites), and were very, very disappointed. Wife usually gets a small Phil's Filet, but instead got the salmon......she said it was dry, tasteless, and much overcooked. I ordered the large Phil's Filet (Mignon), and was somewhat puzzled when it arrived. It was much thinner than normal, and looked more like a sirloin. When I cut it, it was very tough to cut with a knife, unlike any "filet" I've ever had. The taste was so different from even a half-decent filet (on a scale of 1-10, it was a 2), and was tough to chew....took me forever. I called over the server and asked if it was indeed a filet, and she said she would ask the chef. She came back and reported that yes, he said it was a filet, but "maybe not center cut"..... DUH. Frankly it was awful---not a flavorful steak at all...tasted "strange". I was shocked. She asked me if I wanted another steak, but I declined----too late, not interested. If that was a filet, it was the worst filet I've ever had. (And I've had many fantastic ones even recently, like at Houston's in Atlanta, at Lobster Chophouse in Atlanta, at a Ruth's Chris out of town, at Hall's Chophouse in Charleston, and many others------and locally at various of the better Augusta restaurants within the past year.) No longer can TBonz boast of "the greatest steak known to man"....not even the "Best Steak in Augusta" as they used to do for many years running. Hope they know to take away THAT ad. Now TBonz is not even in the top 10 in Augusta, maybe 12 or 15, and that's a fact. Compared to Frog Hollow, Cadwalladers's, Calvert's, Abel Brown, Sheehan's, Beck's, Rae's, Augustino's, Oliviana, French Market Grille, Country Boy's in Keysville, and chains like Longhorn's, California Dreamin', Bonefish, Carrabba's, and even Texas Roadhouse, TBonz gets blown away. Sorry, guys at TBonz, but my time there is forever done. A filet is a prime cut of beef, and what I was served was more akin to something at Applebee's (an experience I had there 15 years ago when another couple insisted we go---yuk! Yes, I lowered my standards). And another thing---the restaurant looked very tired and old, nothing to look forward to, that's for sure. I would rate it as "poor" at best. Just a bad night? Sorry, can't have "bad nights", as what goes out of the kitchen means something to me. I can't believe it could sink so low, and I hope the ownership (whom I know---- sorry, "H") gets a wake-up call soon, because his Masters business will suffer greatly. Future doesn't look good, imho. From now on, I'll simply pick any of the other places mentioned when I want a good steak. My only hope is that someday I hear that TBonz has regained the following it once had because of GOOD STEAKS. Really, I hope so.