“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is a brand new property with the temporary banner out front still attached to the entrance wall. We had a beautiful, spacious room which was spotlessly clean. The breakfast room had a fireplace going and the scrambled eggs were delicious (not the bland ones so often encountered in hotels).There is very easing access on and off I-20. Beds were extremely comfortable. The television had a great picture. The only "hitch" in our all-too-brief stay was that the remote for our TV did not work. However, the TV had manual controls at the side which enabled us to change channels and adjust the volume, so we were fine. (When we told the staff member at the desk about the problem, he was very eager to fix it.)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
atlanta, ga
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Beautiful, new hotel. I travel often and on a budget, so I have learned bring snacks, leftovers, drinks, and water with me for convenience. With the usual items in tow, I went to my room to find that no refrigerator nor microwave was in the room. Mind you, this is an express, no restauraunt. I asked the front desk employee where the fridge and microwave was. I was told that only the suites have them (much more costly room). Well, needless to say, I will not stay here again. Seems they could have used some of that "new" money to continue satisfying loyal customers. Also, I am a platinum customer. No offer of an upgrade

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Alabama
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed at this holiday inn on our way back from a South Carolina football game. Very convenient stop after the game and extremely clean hotel. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 12 January 2012

First Class hotel with easy access to everything Augusta has to offer. There are some cheaper offerings in the area, but remember "you get what you pay for." Good breakfast offering and free local and USA Today paper, small but adequate business center.

Room Tip: Stear clear of room near elevator.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Collierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We are used to a fridge in the room at our other Holiday Inn stays. The desk gave us trash bags to ice our medicine down. One tissue only in the box. Bathroom door would not close stopping and scraping the floor at about 6 inches open. This was no privacy for toliet or shower. The bed was the hardest bed I have ever had at any hotel. We are Platinum Priority members and love Holiday Inns usually. This hotel looks new, is clean and had good internet access but that's all it has going for it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I travel to Augusta often and have stayed at several hotels while there. After my stay at this HI Express I am here to stay. The hotel appears to be new. It was spotless, well appointed and I have to say the best hotel I have stayed in while visiting Augusta.

As rooms go, far superior than the DoubleTree or Mariott Courtyard.

The location is great (just off I-20) and there are some great resturants less than a mile away.

As Arnold says "I'LL BE BACK"

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I am a Platinum Member of Holiday Inn's Priority Club program and, therefore, I am a very frequent guest of Holiday Inn Express hotels in the USA and Canada. Unfortunately, this is the first time I've had to make a disapproving comment regarding a Holiday Inn Express hotel in either the USA or Canada. The Holiday Inn Express North Augusta, GA hotel is new. The premises are in great shape. However, the pricing per room is horrendous!!! Normally, in either country, I pay anywhere from $79 to $130 per night for a Holiday Inn Express room. At the Holiday Inn Express North Augusta, GA hotel, the asking price (with AAA & Platinum Priority Club discount) was whopping $165 per night!!!! I did not take the room and proceeded to the Jamison Inn, approximately 1/4 mile further east down the road where my rate was $79.99 not including taxes. This Jamison Inn has been recently refurbished from top to bottom and, therefore, has the same "new" quality of rooms as would the Holiday Inn Express North Augusta GA hotel. I don't know if the fact that this Holiday Inn Express North Augusta GA hotel is situated adjacent to a Sheraton Hotel is the reason for such horrendous room prices, but I would recommend people to drove 1/4 mile further east on this road where there are plenty of hotels (including the Jamison Inn mentioned above) for much cheaper prices at the same quality as the Holiday Inn Express North Augusta hotel.

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express Augusta North, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns regarding our hotel. Our prices do vary daily depending on the season and the demand for rooms. On this particular night that you tried to stay with us, I can almost guarantee that we were either sold out or very close to it. We do reccommend booking a room ahead of time if you know you will be in town. We hope that next time you are in town you will give us another shot.

Thank You.