“Capital Expenditures Needed!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #68 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Items stained: carpet, sofa, bedspread, sheets, towels.

Items not cleaned before my arrival: bathroom door had chocolate on it, microwave had something stuck on the tray.

Staff: eating at front desk, licked fingers clean to check me in.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

I'm staying here because I had to evacuate with my dogs and cat. This was the last room available that was "pet friendly". Being a last resort I didn't have high expectations. My low expectations were not even met. The staff was friendly enough. But the room is dirty, stinky, and loud. There wasn't a remote for the TV. There is a coffee kit without a coffee maker. There are water stains on the ceiling. Huge cobwebs in the corner. Dust an inch thick on top of the refrigerator. Zero water pressure and what water comes out causes the shower screech like a dying cat. No if there were any other option for my situation I would.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2016

After my horrible, ghetto experience downtown at the quality inn location I had to move somewhere else.

I gave this place a try and found it to be far better than downtown and a much safer neighborhood, however the room is small, but the kitchen was a nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Even if you are not the gingerbread man. If you are, then expect to be eaten by the cockroaches. Roaches crawling down wall. One of queen bed headboards broken and fallen off wall. Mirror from bathroom door ripped off and propped against another wall. Two of four knobs missing from heating and a/c units. Could not adjust temperatures. Very sketchy looking clientele. Smell of smoke and bleach in non-smoking suite. Pulled and thread-worn bedspreads. One of two tv's not working. Damage to kitchen cabinets.Got switched to another suite which was only slightly better shape, but had another set of similar and/or same issues.

A point in their favor, the manager was willing to let us cancel our guaranteed late arrival check-in, but we were too tired to look around town after long day of driving and toughed it out for the two days we were in town Also, they do accept pets which was a must. The price was at least not outrageous (paid base rate of $72 per night for suite).
If you are charged more you are paying TOO MUCH for what you get.

Stayed here at least 10 times in previous 10 years without complaint, but property has literally fallen apart and been abused and unkempt since our last stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016

This place was awful. The room smelled so bad of mold/Clorox.....my nostrils were burning. We didn't even try to get another room because I was afraid it would be worse or the same and it was a long day and we just wanted to lay down. We slept with the lights on as we were afraid of bugs! I did find a bug crawling on the wall the next morning. There was a rowdy crowd there that night and I did not feel safe. I travel a lot alone and this was the first time I actually felt a little anxious.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel....
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

The hotel staff were all friendly & helpful. The hotel is old & dated. The full refrigerator was nice & very clean.

There was a lot of road noise & rooms were not well sealed. A lot of light around the door & noise from room above us was very pronounced.

The breakfast area was small & typical fare.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I made a reservation 11+ months out but I needed to cancel 10 months out.
I was told 'you cannot cancel AND the owner does not ever talk to customers'. I was then put on hold...I found later (from VISA security) that the hotel tried to run my credit card (thankfully it was denied by VISA - THE HOTEL MANAGER TRIED RUNNING IT 3 TIMES).
I originally booked during Masters Week - I was not told I could not cancel but was later informed via the confirmation.
I was very angry and disappointed that someone would treat a customer like this.
The manager, was uncaring and defiant.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family