“Stay away, far far away!!”

Scottish Inns Augusta
Ranked #75 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

I just returned yesterday from my first trip to the Masters. My business partner and I booked a 2 night stay at the Scottish Inns. We chose the location because our trip was a last minute thing a we had a hard time finding any well know hotels to stay in. When we arrived we were taken back by how badly the building looked in person vs the pictures online. We had a non smoking room and the moment we walked through the door the smell of mildew and mold smacked us in the face. The rooms are filthy and the furniture looked to be falling apart. I inspected the room and found dust and dirt everywhere. I even found a huge hairball behind the bathroom door. I travel a lot and this is by far the worst place I have ever seen. There was no way we could sleep in the room. We requested a refund at the front desk within 10 minutes of checking in. We were denied and told we needed to speak with Monica who is the manager. She was not on site and we were told we needed to call her the next day. We had to scramble to find another place to stay. We ended up at the Ramada Inn spending about $450 a night. We had a wonderful experience there and I would recommend it. I spoke to Monica after I returned home and she said that no refund would be given. She said that she has had these types of calls in the past. She told me that if I would put a positive review online that she would give me a refund. No way! It was worth me losing out on $400 to be able to warn as many people as possible. The place is a dump! Stay away! I have never written a review in my life about a hotel. Never found it necessary. I now understand why people do. Please for the love of everything decent, avoid the Scottish Inns at all costs!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

This is a motel that could be in better condition but we found it adequate for our masters stay considering any big name brand was $500+. Our room was $175 /night. Set expectations for this to be a roadside motel and it will be fine. Should you want a holiday inn like hotel.. stay at the holiday in and pay 500 bucks.

Positives:
*within a mile of Augusta National
*rooms were sized well
*free parking
*free breakfast
*free wifi
*staff was kind
*room was pretty clean
*close to lots of food options
*washer dryer should u need it (Monday round had downpours and saw pther guests washing clothes bc pants got muddy)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nickiwms
Reviewed 15 April 2016

Stayed nite April 5, 2016. Booked based on reviews and pictures, non-refundable due to Masters. Dirty, everything needed repair. Had them come in and vac cobwebs, we bought Lysol wipes to clean it up. Walls, doors, carpet, were dirty. Sheets looked like they were new, rest was a mess. It was totally misrepresented in reviews and pictures!!!
Mattress was worn out, showers and bathroom were dirty, cobwebs everywhere, could see daylight around door, no lock, curtains were falling off wall!!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gillenwjr
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

It is Masters week. That means crowds and noise. But, this hotel was clean although somewhat in need of repair. And it is located very close to Augusta National. Plus $200 really isn't bad when the Masters plays.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ernie J
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Let me start with the positives. The rooms were clean. The bathroom worked, the TV worked and the staff was friendly.
If your going to the Masters and want a place close by the location on Stevens is fine. We slept fine.

On the negative side, this is a motel, two story, no elevator, no real lobby, no real breakfast, bring your own shampoo.

If we were traveling in India were would consider this a nice place to stay. We paid for two nights , we were stopping for a day at the masters , on our drive North to MN. Rather than stay the second night we hit the road , covered more ground and stayed in a Holiday Inn express.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We booked this motel for our stay during the Masters Tournament. Rooms are very difficult to acquire during this tournament, and because we booked a bit late, this was the only place available that was close to the tournament site.
It is very convenient, close to all the restaurants, and only 1.5 miles from the Masters parking lot.
The motel is very tired looking, and needs a major overhaul. Rooms are small, TV is the old style, and not very clear. The rooms are not very clean. The motel shares a parking lot with a restaurant/bar, and there was broken glass in the parking lot.
Did not feel overly secure because of the noise and rumblings as the bar is closing in early mornings.
No damage to my vehicle, but maybe it was more luck than good management.
I would not recommend this motel to any of my friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Terrible Hotel.... fridge didn't work, hair dryer didn't work.... very dumpy place! yuck! would never stay there again. RIP off! Should be called Rip off hotel... wouldn't allow us to cancel a room for the next day. This place is a nightmare. NEVER AGAIN will i step foot in this place! The first room was so stinky.... we were offered another room. Don't stay there. It should be closed down! Awful. It was difficult to get a hotel during Masters Week, in saying that... Sleeping on the street would be better. Can't say enough awful things about it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple