“Staff is a bit sneaky”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta Riverwatch
Ranked #76 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I had made a reservation for this location back in April with the idea our daughter would be traveling with us. I cancelled it when it was clear she could not get off work. On the drive to Augusta, I called Wyndham and made a new reservation for a single bed room. When we arrived, the desk clerk checked us in on the two bed room rather than the one bed room saying it had not been cancelled. I was tired and accepted it. As we walked away, my husband heard another staff member berating the desk clerk who said he did it because the two bed room was more expensive. I called Wyndham and was assured we would not be charged for two rooms but I have not gotten my credit card bills yet. The room was hot and noisy so we ran the AC on fan all night. We skipped breakfast because it was a typical in the lobby location with few tables.

Room Tip: the controls for the AC are on the wall, not in the unit under the window

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I don't know where to start. This was the worst Microtel I have ever stayed in in my life and I travel a lot. This place is advertised as 100% smoke-free, but every hallway and especially our room smelled of old stale smoke. Burn marks on countertops in the bathroom, on the toilet seat, a huge burn mark on the desk. At night I have to sleep with a CPAP machine, now that I am in another location at a different hotel I can still smell the stale smoke in my CPAP when I sleep at night after only spending one night in this hotel. When I mentioned to the front desk that they were burn marks and I thought this was supposed to be a smoke free facility they stated "yes some people don't follow the rules and we charge them extra"… I think to myself, yes you charge them extra and that extra is supposed to go to clean the room so the next occupant doesn't have to smell the cigarette smoke. The extra that you charge them isn't supposed to just go in your pocket, it's a cleaning fee. In addition to the horrible smoke smell the entire room was filthy. The couch was old worn out and nasty, And we found a pair of tweezers underneath the cushion so I'm guessing the cushion wasn't picked up and cleaned under. The ceiling over the television was black and looked filthy, The inside of the microwave was filthy, there was a tear in the bedsheets, each pillowcase had a stain on it, only half the light over the bed worked, this room was just old and worn out. I found hair clippings all along the edges of the sink and the bathtub. The bathtub had a huge crack in the side of it and paint was chipping off of the door frame in the bathroom. There was about a 3' x 3' section of the carpet on the floor that looked like the floor had been bleached because the carpeting was lighter than the rest of the carpet. I'm almost afraid to ask what might have happened there. The pillows were hard, and the room stuck which lead us to go to Walmart, but air freshener and our own pillows. I am a frequent windham shopper but I will never stay here again!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Stayed here during Masters week and the manager was just a complete jerk. Picture the worst form of customer service imaginable and you have a good picture of the hotel manager. He's unresponsive, disrespectful, and will make your experience at this hotel awful if you need any assistance. Oh, and the hotel is a dump. Don't ever stay here.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2017

There are something's in life that happen without notice. When the hotel next door had a small fire due to negligence of another guest and had to relocate everyone who stayed in the facility to the near by hotels in the particular area the hotel staff next door did it with swift feet. Found rooms for all guest and families. This hotel "Microtel" was being paid for all of us guest rooms that had to relocate. The man over this property is nasty and RUDE what does the brand promote.. check out at 11 am, this man is cursing out all guest, telling us to leave his hotel take our "s***" with us. This brand offers continental breakfast... do they know what that means....? The owner/ manager told us relocated guest we couldn't eat the food! Such patriotism . Thank you for not helping stranded people who have been misplaced! You make American PROUD!

Room Tip: I Suggest no one stay here...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2017

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
vijay k, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Room was out dated although it was clean. Break fast was ok. Swimming pool was very clean, Staff was friendly
Overall it was nice stay for the price of the room.
I think it needs more renovation to bring the room décor up to date.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends