“Great Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Waterloo
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, we booked a room at this Hotel. It was a wonderful place to stay! The other reviews were correct! The rooms were very clean, spacious, and the Breakfast was very good. A great variety of items!! The staff was very friendly & helpful. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Augusta. We highly recommend this Hotel!!

Room Tip: Any room!! We were on the ground floor and it was great. We talked to others at Breakfast, and they...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
big pool
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed in this hotel 10/16,17/2011. Check-in was quick and easy and staff very friendly. The room was clean, roomy and comfortable. Location was easy to find. Husband enjoyed the exercise room. Check-out was also easy. All in all a good experience. Would definately stay again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I just moved to the Augusta area after finding a job with a large chemical company. I was supposed to close on my house on September 10th....that became September 20th....that became early October.

I ended up finding the West Bank inn through trip advisor. It had a high score at a fair price, which got my attention.

My initial intent was to stay for 1 week, and ended up staying there for 5.

Overall, it was an awesome experience.

Here are some of the minor and major perks:

The free breakfast is awesome.
The staff are super nice and will bend over backwards for you.
The rooms are economical but clean.
The rate is fair, and they do weekly rates.

Any time we had an issue, it was fixed right away.

Best of all, I was at work one day and my girlfriend had to go to the emergency room. Rather than make her call a cab or pay the ridiculous bill for an ambulance ride, the front desk gave her a ride.

Then they came back and picked her up when she was released!

I mean, where else can you get that level of service.

It was a great experience being there, and I give them my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: I prefer having a room not on the side adjacent to Mcdonalds, they are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jason A
GA
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I've never had a more difficult time finding a nice, clean, and comfortable hotel at a reasonable rate as I did in Augusta! We left the downtown Ramada (booked through Hotwire) after finding two different rooms to be disgusting. We had to find a place quickly since the show we had come to Augusta to see would be starting in less than an hour. Our only option was the Marriott, which was lovely and extremely well kept, but at $149 a night, we couldn't stay another night.

After searching all over Augusta (via my phone), we finally decided to stay at West Bank Inn since their rates were reasonable (very good, in fact!) and they were rated #1 on Tripadvisor. From the minute we walked in to the minute we left, we were treated so kindly and made to feel very welcomed. The rooms are basic and the decor is dated, but they're also extremely clean and comfortable. Outside is nice and clean, and the flowerbeds certainly add to the homey ambiance. Although we didn't stay for breakfast, they were serving a nice hot breakfast complete with fruit, eggs and assorted meats, yogurt, cereal, coffee, juice, and baked goods.

We enjoyed our stay. This little "Inn" was definitely worth the small price we paid for comfort and cleanliness. "Corporate" Ramada could take a lesson or two on hospitality (and housekeeping!) from this fine "family run" establishment.

Room Tip: I do believe the young lady at the front desk stated all room were double beds. We got a $4 roll-aw...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank midteacher8
Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed there 5 nights in a king size bed 2nd floor. And the staff was very nice and professional. The room was very clean with a microwave and a refrigerator coffeemaker. Very good Breakfast bar.
Great Restaurants on Washington Rd. Like Olive Garden,Red loberster,and Shangri-la right across the street in the plaza. Outback Steak House. And Gas Stations up and down washington rd to chose from. Plus great 24hrs security cameras to keep you and your vehicle safe. We would stay here again looking foward to it

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Hartsville, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Stayed here one night and it was very nice. The room was big and bed was very comfortable. It was located in a very busy area, but the room was quiet. Check is was quick and the staff was excellent. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 September 2011

If you want a great value hotel with comfortable beds, that's clean, has a nice breakfast, with updated furnishings, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, then look no further. For anyone to complain that the McDonalds is loud they should not be looking at hotels in Augusta under $100 a night. (and even then you may get noise) I was not expecting what I got and I was very pleased. Keep your AC fan running and bring a fan from home and you will hear nothing outside.

For those of you who like to workout - their workout room is very good with an eliptical, treadmill and bike. Has a TV, water and towels. I have had very expensive hotels that have had much worse.

Stay here and save your money for a nice dinner!

Room Tip: I liked the ones on the ground level so you park just outside your room - otherwise you will have st...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple