“Great place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Georgia
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel to visit my Granddaughter for her 4th birthday. Based on the reviews on here, I had recommended this place to my son, who is in the Army, for when he comes into town to visit his children. He was a little worried about it at first, but fell in love with the place. Everything is clean and well maintained and the entire property shows that the owners care about the place. The free breakfast was wonderful, the staff amazingly friendly and helpful. And the beds are comfortable - which I loved. I would definitely stay here again. It's a basic place when you're just looking for a comfortable bed in a clean room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank magicnelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Myrtle Beach, Sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Reading others reviews we decided to give them a try. We were not disappointed at all. I have been to other motels with the same rating and found them to be less accommodating than the West Bank Inn. The staff was exceptional and very accommodating. The room was very clean and roomy compared to some others. The exercise room was adequate for this type of motel, but not fancy. The breakfast was basically the same each morning, but was adequate, unless you are wanting the same fare as that of a sit down restaurant. With the high volume of traffic going by I expected a lot of noise, but I hardly notice it. A great place to stay. I've found my next stop while in Augusta.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Edmond, OKlahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

West Bank Inn was not as nice as I expected from the reviews. It was clean and the staff was very nice; however, it was nothing special. It did have an exercise room, business center and laundry (pay as you go). The breakfast was continental. Would probably try to go a little more upscale, if I am ever in Augusta again. There are several large hotels in the area. Area is noisy (major street).

Room Tip: All rooms about the same.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Waterloo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, we booked a room at this Hotel. It was a wonderful place to stay! The other reviews were correct! The rooms were very clean, spacious, and the Breakfast was very good. A great variety of items!! The staff was very friendly & helpful. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Augusta. We highly recommend this Hotel!!

Room Tip: Any room!! We were on the ground floor and it was great. We talked to others at Breakfast, and they...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
big pool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed in this hotel 10/16,17/2011. Check-in was quick and easy and staff very friendly. The room was clean, roomy and comfortable. Location was easy to find. Husband enjoyed the exercise room. Check-out was also easy. All in all a good experience. Would definately stay again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I just moved to the Augusta area after finding a job with a large chemical company. I was supposed to close on my house on September 10th....that became September 20th....that became early October.

I ended up finding the West Bank inn through trip advisor. It had a high score at a fair price, which got my attention.

My initial intent was to stay for 1 week, and ended up staying there for 5.

Overall, it was an awesome experience.

Here are some of the minor and major perks:

The free breakfast is awesome.
The staff are super nice and will bend over backwards for you.
The rooms are economical but clean.
The rate is fair, and they do weekly rates.

Any time we had an issue, it was fixed right away.

Best of all, I was at work one day and my girlfriend had to go to the emergency room. Rather than make her call a cab or pay the ridiculous bill for an ambulance ride, the front desk gave her a ride.

Then they came back and picked her up when she was released!

I mean, where else can you get that level of service.

It was a great experience being there, and I give them my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: I prefer having a room not on the side adjacent to Mcdonalds, they are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jason A
GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

I've never had a more difficult time finding a nice, clean, and comfortable hotel at a reasonable rate as I did in Augusta! We left the downtown Ramada (booked through Hotwire) after finding two different rooms to be disgusting. We had to find a place quickly since the show we had come to Augusta to see would be starting in less than an hour. Our only option was the Marriott, which was lovely and extremely well kept, but at $149 a night, we couldn't stay another night.

After searching all over Augusta (via my phone), we finally decided to stay at West Bank Inn since their rates were reasonable (very good, in fact!) and they were rated #1 on Tripadvisor. From the minute we walked in to the minute we left, we were treated so kindly and made to feel very welcomed. The rooms are basic and the decor is dated, but they're also extremely clean and comfortable. Outside is nice and clean, and the flowerbeds certainly add to the homey ambiance. Although we didn't stay for breakfast, they were serving a nice hot breakfast complete with fruit, eggs and assorted meats, yogurt, cereal, coffee, juice, and baked goods.

We enjoyed our stay. This little "Inn" was definitely worth the small price we paid for comfort and cleanliness. "Corporate" Ramada could take a lesson or two on hospitality (and housekeeping!) from this fine "family run" establishment.

Room Tip: I do believe the young lady at the front desk stated all room were double beds. We got a $4 roll-aw...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family