“Nice Museum”

Morris Museum of Art
Ranked #8 of 52 things to do in Augusta
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the Riverwalk in downtown Augusta, the Morris is the oldest museum in the country dedicated to the art and artists of the American South. Its permanent collection includes nearly 5,000 works of art, dating from the late-eighteenth century to the present. The Morris also hosts twelve or more special exhibitions every year and provides a rich variety of public programs and events. Admission is FREE every Sunday.
Reviewed 5 March 2017

This museum is a decent sized museum for the size of Augusta. It has some mainstay pieces which I enjoy every time I go, but some pieces that rotate. When we first moved here we did one of the kid activities in the morning, and that was nice. Ultimately, I always find peace and enjoyment from visiting. Especially on Sundays when it is free or donation based. Very pretty museum.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

My husband and I had plans that were spoiled so we decided to come here for a visit. It's an affordable place to go. We loved seeing all the art and it was a nice stop to get away from all the hustle and bustle. Oh yes it's free on Sundays.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

I love to stroll around this museum on Sundays with my guy. It's a nice place to go where it's quiet. Much of the art is outstanding! Nice little gift shop, too.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

This is one of those places that I always makes me feel better. I've been going here since I was a little girl. Its paintings still have a mesmerizing impact.

1  Thank meetmethere22
Reviewed 31 January 2017

We try to go to museums whenever we travel and this is now near the top of our list...not because it has masterpieces, but because the way that it was laid out, made it perfect viewing of all of artwork...Southern artists, civil war depictions, modern art, a few sculptures and a perfect museum gift shop with prices that you will not believe...When in Augusta, you must go...

1  Thank mlesser1

Been to Morris Museum of Art? Share your experiences!