“Well the hotel ran out of fitted sheets!!!!!!”

Days Inn Augusta Wheeler Road
Ranked #63 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Major reservations driving up to this place as I am a hotelier and happen to work for a great brand, thought to give it a shot.....everyone does not have a 1mill budget for pip.

1st room showed was a single double generally speaking okay in brief view. However, walked into bath obvious dirty toilet and as I checked out bed multiple old makeup stains throughout 1 pillow case.
2nd room showed was a king room that reeked of weed......so much so that the agent said "well, seems like I have to charge the woman that was in here". Outside of strong marijuana smell room seemed decent.
Ended up settling for room 1. Carpets needs to be cleaned; ptac filters need cleaning, top of ptac houses crumbs from some sort of food; dead roach bug smashed next/in between to my bed and inn table. Oh also, the hotel ran out of fitted sheets. I had a bed with no fitted sheet. Had to use two flat sheets together to cover mattress pad. Outdoor pool area clean, but pool itself was light green. Hoping the sleep quality is average.

Hotel location is great and very accessible/quiet.

I'm done; never again.

Room Tip: If you are real clean, please walk the room with the agent first and point out issues to be fixed pr...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I checked in for five days from friday, my bill was $265 , i told the attendant i will stay for four days instead of five so i can reduce my total bill, he said we will figure out when you check out. On the fourth day, a woman came banging on my door, she said I should check out today I said yes it's my fourth day but I made up my mind to stay so I can have some rest, minutes later she came with another woman banging on my door, she said I should check out now, I said I am tired I had changed my mind I will stay to have some rest, she said no, the time now is past 11 am I give you till 12 to check out and I will not bill you for that day so I got angry but did not talk, pack my things and checked out, I said how much is my bill , she said I know it I will sent it to your email. She still billed me $265. I am going to Augusta today, I am going to another hotel

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Since I was travelling alone the room was ok. It did have an unpleasant odor and the towels were stained. Great location though

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The bed sheets were dirty. My coworker and went to Walmart and brought covers and pillow protectors. The walls were horrible with stuff on them; bugs were crawling on the walls, we were totally Disgusted however the lady at the window told us we couldn't get any money back so we to just deal with the problems. But I can definitely say I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I was in town for a basketball tournament. The Days Inn was budget friendly, my room was clean, and the wi-fi signal was strong and fast. It shares parking lot with a rite-aid, dunkin donuts, liquor shop, and a few other restaurants. Super convenient location!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

My husband and I stayed here because it was across the street from Doctors Hospital, where I was having neck surgery the next morning. We were tired and anxious about my surgery the following
day, so we were just looking to rest, so we took the room. The room was fairly clean EXCEPT for the bathroom! I noticed there was a pubic hair in the tub (we had not used it yet. Thank goodness I had antibacterial soap with me so I could bathe before my surgery. And Those pillows and the bed were the ABSOLUTE WORST! I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend it to ANYONE! We've travelled all over and I've never been so disappointed in THIS Days Inn!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel was just what i needed. Close to my job and easy to get to. Across from doctors hospital and close to great eating and shopping. There is a riteaid next door for things you may have forgotten. The people were very nice and had the hotel in good shape. My only regret did not get a chance to go swimming pool looked great. Breakfast was good too cereal danishes and milk my daily meal. Thank you Days Inn.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business