“Super nice manager!!!”

America's Best Inn & Suites
Ranked #64 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Hotel is fine for a quick trip or an extended stay; beds are comfortable, air conditioner cools room, microwave and refrigerator, flat screen television on the wall with too many channels! Location is just a few blocks from downtown Augusta. Hotel parking lot is very well lit. One building is undergoing complete updating.

Continental breakfast includes orange juice, coffee, cereals, and sweet rolls/muffins.

Manager lives on-site and is very involved in operation...from working front desk to walking property and ensuring maintenance is handled. Everyone who works at hotel has been very helpful and quick to respond to any requests.

Short term and long term rates available.

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

America's Best is nice clean comfortable place to stay. Rooms are cleaned daily. Staff is also friendly from front desk to housekeeping and maintenance. You have Continental breakfast as well as laundry room. The pool is awesome as well.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I had a really nice stay at this hotel. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The property is currently being renovated but it was nice and quiet day and night. We were in an updated jacuzzi room which was perfect. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We booked a room with a jacuzzi tub and king bed non smoking. When we arrived the room was an "apartment" with a queen bed wreaked of cigarettes and a regular shower/tub. Went downstairs to tell her she told us well the people who got here before you got the room you wanted. WHAT! I reserved a room and you give it to someone else!! So they sent us to their "sister" crap hole of Bugetel and I felt like I was going to catch something. All the sheets were stained and had cigarette holes in them. It looked like the type of place you paid by the hour if you know what I mean. The staff up front was next to useless. We stayed one night and then we told them we didn't want to stay a second they told us they couldn't give us our money back!! Oh and when I told the guy of the stained sheets he said well you expect Hampton Inn quality but you pay for what you get!!! WTF!!!! Horrible staff and the entire place smelled like and ash tray!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 June 2017

the room which we have was clean a Jacuzzi tub big screen tv very quiet front desk people were very friendly and helpful housekeeping helped with anything I requested without any attitude Red Lobster one of our favorite places to eat was walking distance the pool was clean my daughter enjoyed that also the free wifi the breakfast was good the few times we did make it and the computer was useful for my wife this is a great place to stay at a great price I will be back

Room Tip: bottom floor rom 110
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Stayed at this place during the Masters because it was very cheap considering how much they jack the prices up on everything in Augusta during Masters Week.

Cons: The toilet seat had a crack basically all the way through. When my girl sat down to use the bathroom she got her butt pinched. I told the front desk and it never got fixed within that entire week. I put a piece of tape over it. The desk chair was missing a leg and never got fixed the entire week we was there. The fan above the kitchenette fan broke after one use. I told the front desk and she said she would get it fixed, but it never got fixed the entire time we were there. I had to use a screw driver to fix it, but all I did was unplug it so we didn't have to hear the noise. When we got in the room the coffee pot had coffee in it as if the maids half cleaned the room. As another reviewer mentioned...The rooms do have holes in the walls and I also saw what looked like blood stains on the floor in the room we had. The place does have roaches and I am not talking about a few. For some reason this hotel does not like to wash the bathing linen. After I paid for the entire week the lady said that she could only wash the towels and rags twice a week. I was like WTF? Sorry, but this is nothing short of disgusting, unsanitary, and down right piss poor. I mean damn, are you really that cheap that you can't wash the bathing towels daily? The wash towels that they do give are very poor quality and were stained. I guess having to use them over and over without being washed shows. Luckily, I got one of the maids to look out for us the entire time we were there. I don't know what it is but there was a smell in the "non smoking" room we had. If you stay at this hotel for more than a day then the "Continental Breakfast" is not an option because you are considered a "long term" guest. The so called "Continental Breakfast" is far from "Continental". The so called "Business Area" is nothing more than ONE computer that is old and wasn't even working while we was there. If you think you are going to "sleep in" then you are wrong! From around 9AM until 2PM all I heard was noise as if the small factory and the train that goes by isn't enough to deal with. I don't know if some of the maids are dumb or confused. They would knock on our door and do their "service" then they would come back again as if they didn't know they came by already. My girl thought they were trying to see when we would be in our room so we kept our valuables on us at all times when we left. The Air Condition system is like a A/C Window Unit, but they have it wedged in the back of the rooms. I am 6 feet tall and it was a challenge trying to set the temperature and such. My girl is 5'1 and didn't even bother trying to adjust the LOUD thing. The AC Unit is just as loud as a standard Hood Range Fan on High......Yes, that loud!

Pros: The pool wasn't open, but the water was crystal clear. They have nice sized TV's in the rooms. The Wi fi is fast. There's a drink machine by the ice machine......Yes, I am trying to stretch for good things to say about the place.

Extra Info: They have a "guest laundry" which is nothing more than ONE washer and ONE dryer that can be used from 6AM to 9PM. It's the same laundry that the maids use to wash the linen and such. On Mondays it is "mandatory" sheet change day. Other hotels offer to change your sheets daily if you want. Go figure. The so called "Jacuzzi" tubs are not modern.They are small and have tile on the side of them that us uneven. Looks like a real cheap tile job with a cheap "Jacuzzi" tub.

Note: After Masters I was going to be in Augusta a bit longer for business. The lady that owns the hotel offered me a room for two hundred and fifty dollars a week. It may sound like a good deal, but NO! After I looked at rooms 209, 210, and 211 that she offered.....Well, we did not take the deal and left and checked in to another hotel that is a lot better. I'd rather pay more at another hotel than to allow my woman to stay in such a pathetic place. Fellas, if you love your woman or your family then please don't make them endure this crappy place. This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my 40 years of living. Half of the hotel was not in use because it was so run down and needed to be renovated.

Room Tip: Keep your family away from this place.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2016

America's Best Inns and Suites should not be allowed to be open. The pictures on their website do not represent how their room actually look. The guest rooms are very dirty, they smell like a dirty ashtray, and they have bed bugs.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family