“Mt. Waialeale Rainforest 4x4 & Hike , Fantastic!”
Review of Aloha Kauai Tours

Ranked #66 of 194 Tours in Kauai
Ottawa, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Mt. Waialeale Rainforest 4x4 & Hike , Fantastic!”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

This was an excellent way to travel to the interior of the island safely. Anyone with a rental car or even a rental Jeep shouldn't venture as far deep into the rainforest.

Paul, our guide, knew how deep the water would be when crossing streams, stopped many times during the drive to point out and dialogue with birds (many incredible sounds come out of this man's mouth throughout the excursion), delivered a wealth of information about the land and history of the area.

For the hike, we were provided with a small back pack in which there were essentials...umbrella, light rain poncho and you could add snacks, fruit and water or soda from the cooler. I didn't take a walking stick since I wanted to take a lot of pictures along the way...WOW!! photo ops are plentiful. Paul would point out and name flowers, shrubs with edible berries...we even got to sample some! He took us onto a hidden trail off the road to view Mt. Waialeale's gem at a distance and the weather seemed to play along, clear a bit with the sun briefly shining thru the clouds to reveal 4 glistening waterfalls!!

I booked this excursion with the NCL Pride of America. I usually book independently but this time I was solo since my husband was golfing a PGA course and felt it was better to do it this way.

Children should be over 8 years of age. There is one bathroom stop before driving into the rainforest...you can leave a bag without valuables in the vehicle during the hike.

Visited March 2011
3 Thank CDNcruise_travel

Hartford
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“great snorkelling fun in Kauaii”
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Kaillie, our snorkel guide, was excellent. It was like swimming in a tropical aquarium. She took us to just the right spot to swim around with the sea turtles. Equipment and snacks were excellent.

Visited March 2011
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“So much fun snorkelling”
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Thanks Kailee for an awesome snorkelling trip to Lawai Beach. We saw 13 sea turtles and lots of fish. We felt safe at all times and would not hesitate to recommend Kailee and Aloha Kauai Tours to anybody.

Kauai, HI
“we had an awesome time on Thursday with Paul and Kai”
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Paul is a great guide and Kai saved my husband's life.

KIRKLAND
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“SeaFun Kauai snorkling tour was fantastic!”
Reviewed 13 February 2010

The SeaFun van picked us up at our villa at Poipu Crater and took us to Lawai Beach for snorkeling. They gave us swimming gear including masks with optical correction so we could see in the water without glasses. There were only four in our group, including my husband who can’t swim. The guide was a real character and very knowledgeable. He explained that it was against the law to disturb the sea turtles and his company was better about respecting that then some of the other ones out there. Even so, he was able to bring us close enough to one that was swimming around that we got a good look at it. He was very helpful teaching us everything we needed to know to have a successful snorkeling experience that day and told us all about the fish we were seeing. I was amazed at how strong our tour guide was as he pulled the surfboard around in the water with all of us hanging onto the handles. When the rest of us swam around on our own he was great about keeping a close eye on my husband, who was hanging onto the board the whole time, so he wouldn't panic, pointing out different types of fish to him. He was even cool about making the other lady feel okay about the fact that she got seasick and barfed in the water--it attracted all the fish so we were able to see them right under us!
I absolutely loved snorkeling and felt safe with our guide Paul. It was the highlight of my trip!!!!!

7 Thank SHADOWSPRITE