All reviews peak lodge mesa falls the owner no frills yellowstone area highly recommend the cabins up to date one night bed was comfortable eclipse shower tetons highway microwave miles
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for someplace to stay that was near Yellowstone, but wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. We are so grateful we found this place! It’s about 50 miles from Yellowstone, but it’s a quick, easy drive. The room was huge and very comfortable. The queen sized beds were comfortable and truly queen-sized unlike many places I’ve stayed who advertise a double as a queen. Everything was clean and in good condition. Our room had a mini fridge and a microwave. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed March 24, 2018

We stayed in a cabin for several days over the week of the 2017 eclipse. We arrived very late at night, much later than anticipated with extra stops for our 2 young children. The manager and owner both waited up to greet us and then helped unload our car so we could get the kids to bed ASAP. The cabin was also perfect for our needs. When the baby was napping, we were able to let our 3 year old have outdoor time right outside the cabin. This was a huge bonus as it allowed our baby to nap while being able to have family time outside instead of one of us staying back while the other took our 3 year old outside. It is very quiet and peaceful and I highly recommend the cabins.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

This was the first place I could find that had a vacancy the day of the August 21, 2017 eclipse. I booked it almost a year ahead of time. They sent me a CONTRACT and charged my credit card. When I wrote them in June 2017 to confirm my reservation, they said I had the reservation and CHARGED MY CARD AGAIN! I called and tried to straighten out the overcharge they said they would look into it and I never heard from them again. When I got to the "lodge" they asked why I didn't show up the day before!!! I got the room but ended up paying almost $700 for one day in the worst room I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in some rotten places). The bed was composed of a pile of mattresses that shook like an earthquake hit it every time my wife or I moved. The bathroom stank like the sewer was backed up, which was evidenced by the dirty plunger in the bathroom. Wifi only worked in the lobby. I can't say what I really think about this place and get the review published, avoid this place at all costs (or it may cost you a lot!)

Room tip: Go somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carlos H, General Manager at Eagle Peak Lodge & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2018

This is not true what this person wrote about paying $700.00 and he may have been upset about something, but am wondering what. Also, we don't keep dirty plungers in any of our guest rooms or bathrooms. Our eclipse was a great event and everyone that was at our property had a great time. We provided a pizza party and pies the night before and everyone ate and was in great spirits. There were many hotels nearby charging more than $200 per night more than our hotel was and this guest may have been upset about the lack of availability, but what he has accused us of is not fair. Our building was built in the late 1990's but all of the rooms have new flooring (no carpets) and they have clean, new beds, which were purchased and set up through a local vendor (we still have the receipts to prove it). We are not the Hilton, are in a rural area and provide very clean rooms. To say that they only had one bar of soap to offer is taking things to the limit. We never turn down extra soap and/or towels to our guests and we receive so many compliments from guests, on a regular basis, on how clean we keep things. We also are buying new towels from our vendor every two months and keep a healthy stock on hand at all times. Our vendor for our linens is out of Chicago and their specialty is servicing hotels across the USA. We also have those receipts available. Also, our hotel A/C units are box units, but they are also new. We bought 38 new ones back in 2015 and they all work well. This guest became upset over something on his trip and has an axe to grind, but what he has written is just not accurate.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We stayed at one of the cabins at Eagle Peak for the eclipse. The staff was friendly and attentive. The cabin was very nice. It had a usable kitchen area and a nice living room area and the bedroom was large enough to comfortable accommodate the two beds and plenty of storage space. The shower was great with good water pressure and temperature. The breakfast were good with plenty of fresh fruit.

2  Thank Raretraveler7152017
Reviewed September 3, 2017

I spent three nights in Ashton in the cabins at Eagle Peak during the eclipse. The staff was incredible, even bringing in free pizza and pies from a local shop for the guests. The rooms were clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. And it's quiet in a totally peaceful way. I highly recommend the cabins!

Room tip: Cabins are almost like camping in a very comfortable way. Quiet, peaceful, but comfortable.
1  Thank EricDKey