“We have frequented the Dunton House for years.”
Review of Dunton House

Dunton House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 11, 2017

We have frequented the Dunton House for years. The food is good, The service is very friendly. It has a nice downtown neighborhood feel to it.

1  Thank Kathleen D

Reviewed June 7, 2017

Just what you'd expect from the neighborhood diner. There's a reason that they have a very loyal clientele of local seniors and retirees.
Consistently good food, huge portions.., and MASSIVE menu.

1  Thank Corinne A
Reviewed March 31, 2017

The new (old) Dunton House, great parking in a village lot across the street, good well prepared family restaurant food, wonderful service with servers who have become friends. We have been going there for about 45 years through 3 ownerships and basically the place has remained the same.The "famous" Spiro established the super high standards which subsequent owners have honored. The newest owners were long time employees primarily in the kitchen. Most of the old loved items and some good new ones. Greek chicken, super BLT, the flaming cheese, crepes, yum.

3  Thank Julie K
Reviewed February 1, 2017

Stopped in with family on a Saturday night. The restaurant reminded me of a Greek Style breakfast shop. The variety was good and it offered breakfast even in the evening. Variety was great, with pork chops to wraps to French Dip to kids meals. There was a salad bar that looked sub par and I didn't wanna even try. I had French Dip which was not the best-maybe average. My one child loved the spaghetti kids meal, while my other one did not like the pizza. Kids meals came with soup and the kids (me too) HATED it! The cost was reasonable and service was great. This place is walking distance to downtown shops and the Metra train. We called ahead but didn't need a reservation. We had good appetizers including potato skins and saganaki. Overall, this place had some good things and a few below average things so I rated it average.

Management response:Responded March 9, 2017

Denny D, I appreciate your honest review. We do try our best to bring the best service possible and as far as the food quality. Again, we try our best. I'm glad you enjoyed what you liked. We will try to to make a some adjustments on the foods you weren't happy with. Once again, appreciate your honest review, thank you.

Reviewed August 15, 2016

This is a great place for Breakfast at a reasonable price crepes and omelets are our favorite. The prices are much better than the Egg place down the street.