“Best Italian Restaurant in The Chicago Suburbs”
Review of Osteria Trulli

Osteria Trulli
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Trulli is truly the best Italian restaurant in suburban Chicago, perhaps in all of Chicago. Family owned and operated, it feels like you stepped into a small neighborhood restaurant in Italy. The food is incredible; truly original from the Old Country. Appetizers, main dishes and desserts are all incredible. This is our go-to place whenever possible. The seafood appetizer is huge, and amazing. All the pasta dishes are awesome, and the veal chop is the best ever. And you can tell a great Italian restaurant by the number of Italians always dining there! Don't miss this place.

1  Thank hruter

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Went to Osteria Trulli because 1. It's almost in my backyard and 2. The reviews looked good. My husband and I went on an early Friday evening (5:30-6pm), hoping that they wouldn't be crowded yet. Well, the place is super tiny and when we arrived all the tables were close to filled. We got a little two-top near the door to the kitchen, so I already wasn't thrilled. I hate when restaurants set up these tables in horrendous spots just to seat more people. By the time our drinks came, another couple was sitting next to us and we might as well have been a party of four, the tables were so close. I feel like we were in each other's conversations. Now I understand NYC and maybe downtown Chicago does this and it's to be expected, but we're in the suburbs here. I don't want to be sitting that close to the table next to me. Ok, so it's clear I'm not a huge fan of the table arrangement. How about the food? Well, they are an Italian place that does a lot of seafood, which I love seafood. I'm not an oyster fan, but my husband wanted to get a dozen, so we got them steamed. They were good. We also got the Homemade Sausage, Roasted Peppers & Potatoes (appetizer), which was tasty. They also provided bread (I like my bread). I'm glad we got bread because our meal took forever to get to us! I'm not sure what happened, but it was just too long. The food was good. My husband and I enjoyed his meal more than mine. The highlight of the evening was noticing that the TV magician from the Carbonara Effect, Michael Carbonara, might have been in the restaurant. We started watching his new season and sure enough, he was doing a bit in the Vitamin Shop next door, so we are pretty sure it was him. Anyway... we haven't been back since we went there since we didn't have a stellar time, but I think we might try it again.

Reviewed May 20, 2017

Started with a glass of red and a Trulli salad (it's their signature salad of mixed Baby Greens w/Aged Ricotta Salata, Olives, Cherry Tomatoes & Trullo Dressing). The bread was fresh and warm - outstanding for dipping in olive oil while enjoying your red wine. Main entree was a Seafood Risotto (lobster, shrimp, peas, etc.). The service was excellent.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

This is our go-to place in Arlington Heights. Family-owned place that uses family recipes. It's an intimate space, so make sure to call for reservations, especially on weekends. The pastas are great, and anything that comes out of the oven is delicious. It's like a magic oven. The desserts are quintessential Italian, made in-house, and are fantastic.

Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

Really nice quaint Italian. Wood fired oven, lots of seafood and pasta. Enjoyed a nice Straciatella soup. Great professional service. Reasonable!