All reviewsbreakfast foodnice hotelwould stay here againroom was cleanthe breakfast areaa great place to staystaff was friendlyhoosier parkfront desk staffin townbusiness triphot tubparking lotandreacasinoinnsinterstate
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I stayed at this hotel on business for 7 nights and I can report that it was the worst experience I've ever had
There was zero hot water for my entire stay, I had to shower in ice cold water for the whole week despite my complaints to the hotel staff and management
2 nights before my departure I returned to my room to find a card with a starbucks gift card inside to compensate for the issue!!!!!!! Really?????? In hindsight I should have taken the card and use the hot water from starbucks to wash myself!!
needless to say I took the gift card down to the front desk and told them to keep it, all I wanted was a hot shower , I would have even settled for a warm shower and said nothing about it
After returning to Canada and getting back to work my HR department who had booked the hotel for my business trip called me in and told me the hotel had contacted them and complained that I had been abusive toward them lol I told them the whole story and it wasn't an issue I informed them to never book me into this dump again , I will book the holiday inn next door

Room Tip: 4th floor had no hot water
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank stever1964
Amy S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Steve,

I am sorry you feel we didn't do anything to resolve your issues. We did try to move you rooms and discounted your stay, along with a gift card to treat yourself. We tried to make things right for you and reached out several times. I apologze that this was not enough to make you happy as it is always our goal to make our guest happy and to show our Hamptonality.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Is it too much to ask of a hotel to provide hot water? I reported the issue to the lady who identified herself as the GM.

She told me to wait a couple hours and try again. Unacceptable! I had a business dinner 30 miles away in an hour! I couldn't wait 2 hours!

I asked to move to another room but she rudely said they were sold out all week. I had no choice then but the next day I moved to a Hampton in another location.

Never again will I stay here. The GM (if she really was) is a detriment to the Hilton brand!

PS The pool was very cloudy as well.

But on a better note, the breakfast was decent and Sam at the front desk was apologetic and professional when I left.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded October 4, 2017

I first want to apologize for the hot water issues and I'm not sure who you spoke to about this but I am sorry. I would like to speak to you and see what we can do to make your next stay a good one.

Amy StJohn

Reviewed October 2, 2017

It is always a great stay at any hilton/ hampton hotel chain. This room was super clean, but the only down fall was that it smelled musty when the air ran. Staff was great and always available when needed!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded October 4, 2017

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Anderson. I apologize for the musty smell in your room. I would like to speak to you about to find out what room it was in. I hope that will not keep you from staying with us again.

Thank you!

Amy

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Probably the best hotel in the area. Clean & comfortable rooms. Great staff and I enjoyed the breakfast. The staff really made sure I was happy with The Hampton during my entire stay. Thank You for another great visit. See you again, soon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded September 29, 2017

Thank you Tom for the kind words. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Safe Travels!

Amy St.John

Reviewed September 27, 2017

I was unable to check in online as the digital system showed zero rooms. Although we were given an " upgrade" to a room with a whirlpool bath, it had a very funky smell. The toilet seat had stains and cracks in it. The breakfast had very few items to choose from. I will not return to this Hampton.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 29, 2017

I want to apologize for the digital system not working properly for you and that you were not happy with your upgrade. I hope that you will give us another chance to make you Happy.

Please feel free to reach out to me personnaly.

Amy St.John