“Nice Place to Stay”

Reviewed 4 August 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

On short notice, i was able to get a room for 3 nights while my truck was at Kenworth in Fremont Indiana, as i did not know how long it would take to have the issue resolved, i was on a day to day basis. The front desk staff were excellent and accomodating.
Thank you to Lisa and her trainee.
I will be sure to use the hotel again, as this is a frequent route for me, hopefully under better circumstances next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2017

When we arrived to check in at 2:20pm, there were three housekeeping staff standing at the front desk arguing over the fact that all wanted to go home. We attempted to change our reservation to a room with two double beds rather than the King I accidentally booked but was told they were completely sold out. We stayed in room 279. After we got our room key and drove to the other side of the building to enter, those same three housekeeping staff were standing at the Door 4 (blocking the entrance) smoking and continuing to argue re: who wanted to go home. We had to say 'Excuse me' to get in. When we entered the room, it was incredibly humid and smelled of mildew. We turned the AC on high in an attempt to dehumidify the room and circulate air reducing the smell. The room did not have a refrigerator or microwave in it as shown in the online pictures. While out sight seeing, we found online that the hotel did, indeed, have rooms available and at a lower price than we had found on booking.com. After spending the day at Pokagon State Park, we returned to the room to find it still very humid and the smell was still strong. We discovered the reason behind the smell and the humidity was a leaking ceiling and wet carpet below. We placed the room's trashcan under the leak to catch the dropping water. When we tried to charge our phones, we discovered the room had very limited electrical outlets. The one behind the bed and the one behind the chest of drawers each had a 6 Outlet wall adapter providing plug in for 4-6 cords each. A surge protector electrical strip was being used for the TV. The outlet adapter located at the head of the bed had dirt or scorch marks around it. Concerned it was a fire hazard, we unplugged any unnecessary items in the room including the alarm clock. The patrons in room 281 began fighting at approximately 11:25pm. It sounded like they were in our room next to us in bed. We discovered that was because the phone jack outlet was broken and had left a hole in our connecting wall. The fighting became so loud and so aggressive, I attempted to call the front desk for assistance but found that the phone in our room did not work. Fearing for the safety of the female patron in room 281, I pounded on the wall three times and asked, "Is everyone OK in there?" At that point, I called the front desk from my cell phone. The female that answered the phone was helpful but did not represent the hotel very well. When I explained the issues with our room, beginning with the request to change rooms at check in and finding out about the availability of double rooms at a lower price through Expedia.com, she asked, "Who did you talk to at check in? Was it a man? Was he wearing a white shirt? Well, that explains it." Emily explained that the hotel DID have double rooms available when we checked in at 2:20pm and that the hotel didn't completely sell out until "around 7:00". We let her know about the condition of the room, the fire hazard, the phone, the leak and our loud/hostile neighbors in room 281. She apologized and said there were no other rooms to move us to at that time but said she would leave a long note for the manager, Lisa, who would be in on Monday saying we'd requested a reimbursement for the unacceptable room we were in. I advised Emily not to rent out room 279 until all the issues had been corrected. She said she would leave a note. Emily also said she would send two males up to check on the patrons in room 281. The entire time I was on the phone with the front desk, I could hear the patrons in the next room talking about me calling the front desk to report them. I locked every available lock on the room door and waited to hear staff come up to address the issue. I was unable to sleep until well after 4am because I feared for my safety after reporting the loud noises. I listened out for someone to come to the room, to my knowledge, no one ever came to check on them. No one ever contacted us to make sure we were ok. The next morning, I phoned the desk at 10:16 and requested to speak to the mgr. When Aaron, the gentleman at the front desk, told me she was not available, I asked to change rooms. I had to explain the situation again but was told we could switch rooms. We chose the room far away from room 281. Our stay in room 104 was agreeable. Upon check out on Monday at noon, I asked to speak with Lisa H the mgr on duty. I was told by Aaron she was there and would be in on Tuesday. I asked him to call her. He texted and called and was not able to get a response. "She isn't answering her texts and the phone goes straight to voicemail. We asked to speak to the General Mgr. We were informed that his name is Atesh and that the front desk staff has "absolutely no way to get in touch with him. I don't even have his phone number. There is no way to contact him." I asked Aaron to comp the room charge for Saturday night because i didn't feel I should have to pay to stay in a room that had so many issues, one where I actually feared for my physical safety if I were to leave the room. He agreed. He said agreed no one should have to stay in a room like that. He explained "that room has actually been taken 'off market'...we're not even renting it out right now." When my travel companion called the corporate office for Wyndam, Aaron then changed the description to 'being cleaned' rather than taken off market. I explained that I would happily pay for the 2nd night's stay. That I didn't want anything more than to be comped or reimbursed for the horrible experience we had on Saturday. He reported that he was completely impotent when it came to comping our room, addressing our concerns or contacting anyone who could assist us. He said we HAD to pay for the room and our notes would be reviewed by Lisa, the mgr on duty, when she returned from vacation the following day and she would decide if the room charge would be reimbursed. We left feeling extremely dissatisfied with the experience. That was Monday at noon. Over 48 hours later and I have not heard from Lisa or Atesh to discuss the experience or offer an apology. In today's competitive hotel market, this was a HORRIBLE mistake on Ramada's behalf. There are so many other places to stay in the same area. I am also disappointed that Booking.com will not reimburse the difference between what we paid and the lower room rate found on Expedia because we discovered it 2.5 hours after we checked in. The reservations had only been made the evening before our stay. We were told at check out the situation "would be reviewed" and someone would call to report the results of review by the following Monday. WE WERE NEVER CONTACTED. This only added insult to injury re: our stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2017

I was okay with the stay since we just stayed for a shut eye. But the rating is for the breakfast which was very low budget. The

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angola
3.5 km away
37.7 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Auburn
27.1 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater

Been to Ramada Angola/Fremont Area? Share your experiences!