“Super 8 the center of all to do or see”
Review of Super 8 Anamosa IA

Super 8 Anamosa IA
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Anamosa
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Thanks to Ray ( the owner ) and his staff we were made to feel as if we were from Anamosa,rather than just visiting,we were helped with the best places to eat how to get there and with the hotel pretty much in the middle of everything, it would have been almost immpossible to get lost which helped us squeeze alot more things to do in just the two days we were there. But we already know we are going back and where we'll be staying ( see you soon Ray!! )

Room Tip: Stay close to front for the 24hr. coffee
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 May 2011

I have been to some bad motel rooms but never, ever this bad. Run while you can! Should I start with the mold? Don't walk bare footed on the carpet-why-within 10 sec. your feet will be BLACK! Bathroom fixtures have visual mold on them (have pictures). A/C unit has mold. Owners said they had just purchased property within the last 30 days-bad investment or they are lazy at fixing this place up. Seriously if I didn't have a funeral to attend I would have called and waited for the health department! Manager, would take other phone calls as I (I am a paying customer) waited for him to finish so he could assist me. Security lights in parking lot are out. AND THE SMELL IS BEYOND DESCRIPTION. My recommendation for this discust-o-rama is shut this place down fix this old flood property and then re-open. And only then. I will be contacting AAA, I physically became ill, this place is so unhealthy its dangerous.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel to get the best room
  • Stayed: May 2011
AnamosaSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Anamosa IA, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Super 8 of Anamosa, in Anamosa, IA. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guest can relax, renew, and recharge. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

I am very sorry that your experience was less than perfect. Our goal here at the Super 8 Anamosa is to provide you with the best possible stay. If you did notice the unpleasant environment, you should have alerted staff right away. They would have gone out of there way to make sure you were better accommodated. If your feet was turning black after tens seconds, I think the right choice would have been to alert the front desk and ask to be put in an upgraded room. It is no fault of yours. I understand that you might have been experiencing some depression due to the death in your family (funeral), and I would like you to return to Anamosa in the near future and give us another opportunity to make your stay a pleasant one. When we did our daily courtesy call you said everything was just fine. We had no idea until we seen this post that you had a bad experience. The new management understands your concerns and is working around the clock to make sure the appropriate steps are taken to prevent future problems. We just had the health inspector out here after the new management took over. This is common practice when you apply for a hotel license. The inspector gave us our license. If the inspector would have thought that the health of future guest was at risk she would have not given us the license. So the conclusion that I came up with was that maybe since you had to wait at checkout to get your bill you might be holding some ill feelings towards us. In your post you said you had to wait and because the staff was on the phone with another guest. We appreciate the fact that you are a paying customer and we respect your opinion. If a phone call comes in it is Super 8 policy that we pick up the phone within three rings. I’m sorry that you had to wait the extra 20 seconds till you received assistance. Our parents taught us to treat everyone equal. Just because you had spent money doesn’t give you priority over another person. We treat everyone with the same common courtesy and due respect they deserve. That person that was on the other line did book a block of rooms for May 25th by the way. In our line of work it is not about how much money you spent with us, it is about how much we can do to provide the best possible experience for our guest and that we treat you with the respect you deserve and are entitled to. Again I would like to extend out my deepest sympathy for the loss of your family member and wish that you return in the near future to give us the opportunity to make mends.

The appropriate steps to ensure that these challenges don’t happen again were made. The staff has also been made aware of your comments and will be very involved in the corrective action taken to prevent future issues. This is certainly a training opportunity for our team.

Please accept our atonement with a discount off your next stay with us. To assure that this unpleasant experience doesn’t occur again we are going to make the right changes and make updating the hotel our top priority.

Again, we apologize for the experience you encountered. It is our wish that you will continue to benefit from our excellent accommodations, exceptional guest service, and that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guest and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Regards,

Ray

AGM

Super 8 of Anamosa

Reviewed 2 October 2010

Motel did all the little annoying things that can make a stay unpleasurable. Musty smelling room, no hangers in the closets, key cards programmed with wrong number of days, rooms made up late in the day when I wanted to crash. Breakfast was a low point with sloppy presentation, running out of items early, and no protein or fiber. Bed was reasonably comfortable and the free Internet worked. The staff were cooperative in fixing problems, but some of them hung out at the entrance smoking. I stayed because of the location, but next time I'll drive further.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stayed here in July with my teenage daughters and my sister when we were in town for the Jones County Fair. I had made a reservation for 3 nights by calling the hotel. I found the hotel cheaper thru Expedia so I paid for it and called the hotel back and cancelled my prior reservation. I got my credit card statement and found that the hotel had charged me for one night as a no show?!?!?! I have been trying to no avail to get this charge credited and am getting nothing but the run around. Everytime I call I get a different excuse and they are very rude. I am just going to file a dispute thru my credit card company as I have all the paperwork to back up my dispute. Never staying here again! Not at ANY Super 8.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life!!!! We booked room in May for July. When we got there they gave us the wrong room! Were not helpful at all! The room smelled moldy/mildewy. There was a used bandaid on one of the blankets!~ GROSS~ The floor was damp! When we booked the room it was $69.95, which is $60 more than it should have been. When my friend saw her bank statement it was $119.05!! WTH??????? Rip Off! Scam artists! Do not go here! You will regret it! We all felt sick from the smell, not too mention the gross bandaid and everything else in the nasty room!!
Yuck, yuck, yuck!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Staff was very friendly, room were clean, breakfast was exceptional. I will come to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2009

I thought the room was very clean. Housekeepers were very nice. Although when checking in I had to go look for the front desk person. She was talking on her cell phone in the laundry room. Once she noticed we needed help she came out and checked us in. She laughed at me when I asked if they had a MCDonalds around anywhere. I thought that was rude of her. We weren't from around here so how did we know if there was one or not. I would like to see irons and ironing boards in the rooms. The other amenities are nice. This is an older hotel so the noise is loud you can hear everything from outside to other people. I would recommend this for only a couple of night stay not for a vacation. Price is right to if you are traveling through and need something close. Walmart right up the street was nice and gas station right across from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anamosa
13.6 km away
Boulders Inn & Suites Monticello
2.4 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Anamosa
24.8 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marion/Cedar Rapids

Been to Super 8 Anamosa IA? Share your experiences!