“Average Hotel, great price”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Reviewed 8 October 2011

This hotel was pretty standard. My husband and I stayed here at the end of September for a conference I was speaking at. We first entered our nonsmoking room, only to notice that it smelled terribly of smoke. We asked for a room change, but none were available due to the conference. Bed was comfortable and room was clean. Television worked and cable was decent. The pool area was nice with a nice hot tub area. Breakfast was not great, had biscuits and gravy, but it was not horrible. We payed a very low price for our stay here, so we were not expecting luxury. We were happy with the room as an average place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LoveJamacia
Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Average hotel,

I wanted to thank you for your review of our hotel, your feedback is important to us. Since your stay we have completely remodeled the hotel, all is new. This includes paint, carpet, beds and flat screens. We have also added fridges and microwaves to all the rooms. We also added scrambled eggs to our breakfast menu. I hope if you are in the area you will come and see us again. I think you would be pleased with all of our upgrades.

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Our usual stop in Ankeny was filled so we stopped here. The lobby appeared nice and clean. The room was not. It was partially remodled which was fine except it was dirty. The floor hadnt been vacuumed, the sink hadnt been wiped down, there was a long hair in the sink, and short hairs from an electric razor on the dresser. The mattresses are old. I woke up to a sour smell that I cant figure out where its coming from. Ugggg.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank TravelinNurse
Ankeny, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear "not clean"

I would like to thank you for your comments. Feedback from our guests is vital in keeping good customer relations. I am sorry you experienced a problem with our housekeeping. I do stand behind my housekeepers 100% as they do a wonderful job. I am disappointed that we failed to keep our usual standard for you. I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention as it means we need to be much more diligent. I have appointed a new head of staff for housekeeping and she is doing a wonderful job. I hope this has alleviated the problem.

And yes we have been remodeling the entire hotel. The rooms, hallway and lobby have all been repainted. We also have new carpet and tile throughout the hotel. All the rooms now have closets. We have new artwork and curtains. We also have new flat screen tv's. Before the end of the year we will have new beds & lines. We will also be installing new vanities and mirrors as well.

Again I apologize for the issue you had when you stayed. I hope you may visit us again so that you may see it is not our norm. Also we would love for you to enjoy our newly romodeled hotel.

Management

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We always love AmericInn locations because of the pool/whirlpool and the breakfast. We have a five-year-old who enjoys both. This hotel was okay... I've seen better and I've seen worse. I think because it's an older location in need of updating it only gets an average result. It also has a very small eating area and when all guests want to be there at the same time, it just doesn't accommodate everyone very well. Also, the details were missing... i.e. dust in our room, the alarm clock not plugged in, etc. Not a big deal but lack of attention to detail was important. The hot tub was also more like a warm tub. Good location, price was competitive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Just so so,

I wanted to thank you for your review of our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. I also wanted to let you know that we have completely remodeled the hotel. All is new, beds, flat screens, carpet, curtains and more. We have also been working very hard to have the best customer service and exceptionally clean rooms. I hope if you are ever in the area again you will come and see us.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

We got to this area late at night and all the local hotels were full except this one. This 10 yr old motel was under remodeling construction but the price was right and we needed a room. The employee at the desk was very welcoming and apologized for the construction. Our room was not finished, lacking woodwork and a few small things but the beds were acceptable, the towels were clean and the breakfast offerings were fantastic! Would stay here again in the future when they are finished remodeling.

Room Tip: Check this out. After remodeling is finished, this will be a nice place to stay!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Diamond in the rough,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I wanted to let you know we have finished the remodel, (except for lighting which is coming soon). Everything is new, beds, paint, carpeting, TV's as well as new furniture, fridges and microwaves in all the rooms. I hope you will come see us again if you are ever in the area. Thanks again.

Reviewed 10 November 2010

We recently went on a girls trip and had a great time when we stayed here! It was very clean and lots of space in the rooms, especially the king room!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

Great place,

I wanted to thank you for your review. Also wanted to let you know that we are under new management and have completely remodeled since then. We would love to have you come and stay with us again and see all the changes we have made.

Reviewed 6 October 2010

This is our 3rd or 4th time staying at this hotel while we visit family. We've been very satisfied each time. The location is great -- easy on/off I-35 and near lots of restaurants and shopping. The atmosphere of the common areas is warm & comfortable & the guest rooms are clean and quiet. Breakfast is better than most similar hotels -- a refrigerator in the breakfast area keeps milk, yogurt and hard boiled eggs cold. The pool was clean, but a bit too cold for me. We appreciate the availability of on-site laundry facilities for guests.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

We stayed here,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review! Also wanted to let you know we are under new management and have completely remodeled the hotel. We have new beds, TV's and carpet and paint throughout the hotel. As well as new furniture and fridges and microwaves in all the rooms. There are also several new resturants in the area. I hope you will come see us again if you visit Ankeny. We'd love to have you.

Reviewed 19 August 2009

There were no towels in the Pool Room and when we asked for more there were none given to us. The whirlpool turn-on system should have instructions on the wall as it was confusing. The Air Conditioner in our room was VERY LOUD making it hard to sleep. So we turned it off, and when we went to turn it back on in the morning it did not work at all. The mirror in our room had the mirror backing coming off the entire bottom- just looked tacky. The shower was with low water pressure and very hard water!!! I wouldn't recommend staying here if you need your hair to look good for an event because it won't!
Bed was comfortable but didn't matter with the A/C going so loudly or not at all. The breakfast was delicious. I think AmericInn has lowered their standards, always used to be very satisfied with my stays at this chain of hotels, but lately, not so much.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

The shower was horrible,

I wanted to thank you for your feedback, it helps us to better our hotel. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The hotel is now under new management and completely remodeled. Everything is new including the beds and TV's. We are also striving for the best customer service and super clean accomodations. We would love for you to give us another chance if you are ever in the area again.