“Fantastic Holiday.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Occidental Allegro Agador

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Agadir
Occidental Allegro Agador
Ranked #65 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
suffolk
“Fantastic Holiday.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2008

Can't rate this hotel high enough. On arriving we were impressed with the whole hotel and the service we recieved. Yes, you do have to fill in forms to obtain your key, but you are seated in the lobby and supplied with mint tea while you do this. Porters then take your cases to your room. The place is clean and well maintained. Pools are spotless, but very cold. Bars are at every poolside. The hotel has 6 a la carte restaurants as well as 2 buffet ones and a vegetarian one. We stayed for two weeks and the food was a bit repetitive, so use the vouchers you are given and eat in the different themed a la carte ones. The staff are friendly and always willing to help. Nothing is too much bother for them. Rooms are cleaned daily and bed linen and towels are also changed on a daily basis. The acitivities in this hotel is non-stop, so there is plenty to keep everyone amused, or nip down to the private beach to soak up some sun. The animation team are the best I have ever come across. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We had a fantastic time and can't wait to visit again.

• Liked — Animation team
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank donna1811

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2007

Myself, my daughter and my husband stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks from the 29th August-12th September. We arrived at the hotel and were immediately asked to fill in forms before doing anything alse, which was a bit annoying the reception staff were not the most helpful throughout this holiday. We were showed to our room which was very nice and big and had everything that we wanted. It was cleaned everyday and fresh towels were also given everyday.

The complex is massive and has loads of pools however for the first week of our holiday it was still in the school holidays, so was very busy and it was near on impossible to get a bed and most of them were broken which was very annoying. We did notice though that if you were a single woman and looked half decent and french it didnt matter what time you came as the pool man would magic some sunbeds up for them from somewhere. The pools were great if a little cold!!

Right the food, have to say not very good alot of flies and very samey, we all had a bad stomach especially my husband who after a few days of being back home is still ill!! The cramps are awfull and everyone we spoke to had them. The themed restaurants are better than the buffet much cleaner and the food better and the snack bar at night was fab great sarnies and pizza.

This hotel is full of French people and I have always wanted to go to France, however after visiting this hotel and meeting them I can honestly say that I will never go and that they are the most rude and arrogant people that I have ever met. They would push in, stare at you constanly, and basically think they were better than everyone else. I had a huge argument with one French lady after she tried to steal my hubbys sunbed while he had just popped to the toilet. She literally tried to drag it off me and would not listen when I said it was taken. They were also very rude to the staff and would click their fingers and they also never tipped. This for me was the worst thing about our holiday but this is not the hotels fault however I thought I should warn you about them.

The best thing about this hotel was the staff they were wonderful and could not do enough for you!! If you tiped them around 20 dirhams (just over a pound) they would treat you brill. The staff in the lobby bar are the best especially Siad, Lahcen and Mohammed. Our 5 year old daughter adored them and cried her eyes out when she had to come home!! They are what made our holiday and we are going to keep in contact with them. We also met some great english people.

The entertainment is great the shows like Lion King are brill and the Morrocon night is fab especially chocolate who I have to say is the most handsome camel I think I have ever seen. The beach is nothing special only went once got hassled to buy doughnuts, bananas and drugs!!??!!

Be prepared to get hassled alot its a shame really because it stops you from going into the shops if they left you alone you would propbably end up buying more. Dont forget to hassle.

To sum it all up we had a great time, this was mainly because of the people we met and the staff. If the hotel had a bit of clean up and changed their chefs it would be a very good hotel. The weather was good everyday sometimes cloudy until midday, but otherwise in mid 30's. Would we return to this hotel, no but thats because we never go to the same place twice and we have now said that we will pay that little extra so to get that little bit better. Your holiday is what you make it so even though we had bad tummys, the French were rude and the food wernt great we still had a fab time.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — the rude French
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank princess-english
Stroud
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2007

My husband I visited this hotel for our 1st wedding anniversary and it was our first experience of an All Inclusive - and we were definitly not disappointed!!!

I will start with the minor niggles we had but we certainly didn't let it spoil our stay - there was some building work going on which we weren't made aware of prior to arrival but it didn't really affect us - apart from when they decided to start at 8am and we had to tell them to stop hammering and this happened on 2 separate days - tad bit too early!! There was also refurbishment on the beach so if you wanted to take the 5 minute walk across the road to the beach you would have to literally walk through a building site of diggers etc and we also weren't aware of this prior to departure.

Now, on to the more positive things - the hotel itself was truly fantastic, we loved the layout as it was big but there were a few different pools you can sit by (we opted for a pool away from the main one, can't remember what it was called!!). The main pool bar offers daily activities for those who choose to join in i.e Volleyball and there is aerobics at 5pm every day by the pool - how exotic!! There are A La Carte restaurants that you can opt to eat in during your stay and you are given a meal voucher on arrival to redeem against your chosen restaurant which you book each morning. The food is good and you have the option of trying new dishes that you wouldn't necessarily eat if you had to pay for it (i.e not part of an All Inclusive package) and if you don't enjoy it, you can go to the Oasis buffet and fill yourself up!! In the morning you have a huge choice of anything you can possibly think of but the made-to-order Omelettes are absolutely gorgeous!!!

I think we were spoilt in the "All Inclusive package" as you can start drinking from 10.30am (Beer O'Clock according to my husband - you could set your watch by him standing at the bar for his first beer of the day!!) and the local beers and wines were fantastic!! You can also order cocktails at the Balcony bar (if you give the staff a tip at the beginning of the week they are eternally grateful and will look after you like a King/Queen!!). I have heard from other All Inclusives that you are limited to what you can drink (mainly local beers/wines) and they are more like paint stripper than a drink but this is most not certainly true for Occidental!!

The staff are outstanding - so friendly and helpful and they truly made our stay that little bit more special, especially Mohammed in the Balcony Bar who laid out a table for us on the day of our anniversary with chilled champagne, candles etc - such a beautiful touch.

There was a market in the complex on Friday where you can haggle for bargains without feeling too overpowered if you are not used to haggling - and they had a beautiful camel called "chocolate" who had lovely blue eyes - the best looking camel I have ever seen (never thought I would say that!!).

We booked a trip through our tour operator to Marrakech for the day and it certainly awakens your senses!! At the time of writing there are no motorways so the journey was about 4 hours each way but its worth checking out, if only to say you have been there! The main Souk is bussling and you have to bargain hard and be firm as they are masters in their culture of haggling!! If you show any sign of weakness or uncertainty they will pick up on it so be firm but polite and if you can get over the "in your face" approach, you could have some fun and walk away with bargains!! We also took a 1/2 day trip around Agadir where you are taken (amongst other places) to the harbour (beware - the stench of sardines!) and the Kasbah at the top of the hill.

Overall I would most definitly recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Liked — The People!
  • Disliked — The building work
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2007

Stayed here with my family last summer, we had a cattle market of a reception when we got there, It was complete chaos it seems that all the coaches arrive here at the same time.
When we arrived at our room we were pleasantly surprised and found it to be in a good location, clean and spacious.
My youngest daughter was sick on the first night after eating her evening meal, and my husband was on the toilet for the duration of the holiday. Also lots of other guests were also unwell while we were there, the ones who seemed o.k. were eating their meals from McDonalds round the pool.
My 10 year old also had a severe ear infection, we wondered how clean the pool was with all the upset tummies.
You also need to be friendly with the pool guy and tip him if you want any chance of a sunbed or be up by 5am.
If the food improved this could be a great holiday village.

• Liked — Good room size
  • Disliked — Poor food
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank poppybamboo

Travellers are raving about these Agadir hotels

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2007

I booked this holiday as a last minute deal and hadn't had time to check out any reviews before I booked the hols, I have to say I'm glad I didn't as I probably wouldn't have booked my holiday.

Having now spent two weeks at the Agador, I can quite honestly say it's been one of the best holidays I've had (partly due to the accomodation but also down to the people who stay there). I do need another holiday though just to recover from this one!!

The Agador accomodation is pleasant, clean and well serviced by the maids. The rooms are clean, towels are changed daily Bar and restaurant staff are friendly an only too happy to provide assistance. All the staff like banter and will always stop and chat and they didn't necessarily expect to be tipped. The only person who did keep asking for a tip was my maid.

There are numerous pools in the hotel and I have to say I didn't have a problem getting a sunbed at all. The relax pool (the one I used) is pleasant and slightly quieter than the main pool which has entertainment by it for most of the day.

I tended to eat in the al a carte restaurants and although there were set menus there, the food was always nice and I didn't get ill, unfortunately having eaten in the buffet restaurant on the second week I did suffer from tummy upsets.

It can get a bit cold at night ( actually on some nights it was flipping freezing), so do make sure you pack a jumper as the wind does get up a bit.

There are tons of steps around the hotel and if you want to get fit then this is the one for you! I really wouldn't recommend this for anyone who has difficulty walking (sober or drunk) as there are limited handrails.

There is an animation team at the hotel who work had to entertain the guests and they work really long hours, although they do play hard as well!!! I didn't watch any of the shows they put on so can't really comment on those (although the kiddies disco was the same every night, but the children seemed to like it). The animation men do love to flirt, so girls you have been warned!!

• Liked — The weather, the relax pool, the bar!!!!!!
  • Disliked — the steps
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank Nottsgirl12
Skipton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2007

Hi just got back from the Agador, again, this has been the 5th time I have stayed there.
I'm sorry to say this was not a pleasant experience.
The hotel was clean and in many ways just the same. The staff in the restaurants and behind the bars were extremely polite, helpful and friendly as always and some of the animation team were genuinely very friendly.
However, I was very disappointed this time to learn many things that I had previously been unaware of and maybe had not chosen to see.
On many occasions, both myself and other guests were approached for money and asked to get alcoholic drinks from the bar for members of the animation team.
There was generally a sleazy atmosphere both in the hotel and in many clubs and bars.
Prostitution amonst other things is rife in Agadir sadly.
I doubt that I will ever go there again.
It also makes me very sad to see the number of English women whose hearts are broken by some unscrupulous men working in the tourism industry in Agadir. That is not to say that all are the same but it seems almost impossible to tell the genuine from the fake.
I have learned from my own experience that although generally the Moroccan people are lovely, there are a minority whose behaviour is at least disgraceful and this is a terrible shame.

• Liked — The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and Imad and Youssef, the musicians in the hotel
  • Disliked — The sleazy atmosphere of the hotel at night. Being asked for money by animation staff.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank destinystar
Stockholm Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2007

We, four adults and two teenage girls, stayed here for 2 weeks in end February - early March. We had a very good experience, and can not at all understand the bad reviews here. The hotel is very nicely planned, a number of smaller blocks built around a green courtyard with some 20 - 30 rooms in each. Perfectly kept gardens with 4 pools, hibiscus flowers, frogs, birds, orange trees... And some nice cats who do love to get your left-overs. (The ginger female who lives near the "quiet pool" is called Coco.) Generally extremely nice and friendly staff, very clean and OK rooms. Good buffé food, although some spices could be added. We think the hotel gives real value for money. Of course, if you expect luxury for the cost of 3 stars, you'll be disappointed, after all its is a kind of "mass production" albeit a good one. The only things on the negative side is that some rooms can be a bit noisy (bring ear-plugs) and that there are not enough sun-chairs to go around. Also, we missed the fresh (and cheap) orange juice that is available everywhere in Morocco this time of the year. Would be perfectly willing to pay extra for it! The Argane Spa we found somewhat overpriced and we had very different experiences (from "fantastic" to "OK but no more") of the same treatments. Otherwise we find Morocco an easy-going, beautiful, interesting and very friendly country. We spent a few days in a small village some 200 kms south of Agadir, and also a couple of days in Marrakech (going by local bus or Grand Taxi by ourselves) and it is easy to move around, lots of interesting things to see and a beautiful mountain scenery. Morocco has a different culture and it might take a couple of days to get used to the hustle and bargaining etc - but it is really a very friendly country and people so give it a chance and keep an open mind! And PLEASE do RESPECT local customs by dressing properly outside the tourist areas! (i.e. no shorts, low-cut shirts / dresses - cover up! This especially applies to women of course. ) Have a nice time.

Stayed February 2007