Atlantic Palace Agadir(Agadir)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$126
US$146
US$115
Travelocity
Atlantic Palm Beach Apart Hotel(Agadir)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$358
US$332
  • Beachfront
2,033 results
All reviewsfish restaurantevening entertainmentmoroccan restaurantfrench guestsby the bottlequiet roompaninisbar staffpreferential treatmentswim up baremailed the hotelsea viewrelaxing holidaythomson repat lunchtimemain restaurantbelly dancer
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

So myself and my boyfriend are coming to the end of our 10 day holiday here. What can I say?
Hotel itself is beautiful! Has been decorated to a high standard. The entrance hall, bars and outside areas are lovely.
Rooms are spacious and modern. Great big walk in shower which is powerful and a separate toilet which is a bonus. Two single beds pushed together was a bit of a disappointment especially when you are a couple on holiday together. When you move over to the middle the beds push apart. Air con in the room stays on all day!
I see people have moaned about drinks being watered down which is possibly the case for cocktails etc but the wine seems to be fine to me. You ask for a glass of wine and they bring the bottle :) they also do lemon Fanta which is my fave so that's pretty much all I've drunk! Wine and lemon Fanta.
Food isn't the best. I've found myself just eating chips pizza and bread towards the end as throughout the holiday myself and my boyfriend have had stomach cramps and diarrhoea. We have been constantly washing our hands and not drinking tap water etc as was warned that it would not agree with us. Not what you want when you are trying to enjoy yourself! A few nights we have had to come back to the room early so has spoiled some of the evenings.
Youseff in the evening restaurant is fab. He works so hard and can't do enough for you! He's probably the only member of staff that we can highly recommend.
Entertainment. Well what entertainment? Most evenings is the same singer. We did have two nights where we really enjoyed the entertainment. One was a circus act and the other was a belly dancer. Other than that it was pants.
Pool area is great. However everyone gets up very early to reserve sunbeds. There is always some available but there are signs that say you can't reserve, however like in most hotels everyone ignores them. The entertainment staff in the day try to get you up for darts water aerobics etc. You say no I'm okay thankyou and after a while they call you lazy! I've paid over £1000 a person for this holiday so il do as I wish thanks.
If you are thinking of coming to this hotel after reading my review I would not bother coming June to August. There is a sea mist in the mornings and it does not clear until as early as 12 noon so half the holiday you are without sun. The wasps here also love bright towels so I would not bother bringing a bright one. I've been batting wasps away every afternoon which has not been relaxing!
So my three stars. One is for our waiter youseff. One is for the decor looking fabulous. And the last star is for our lovely room.
All in all would We come back to morocco? No. We shall stick to Portugal or Cyprus next time!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank holzzz19
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Tikida Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a detailed feedback and for highlighting the décor of our resort. Our main priority is to make our customers feel comfortable. We regret that the weather was not as nice as you hoped for during your stay.

For RIU, gastronomy is a very important part of the guest experience. We regret that we were not always able to meet your taste with the food served at our restaurants, but we can assure you that we strive to improve our service daily in order to offer all our guests in house and future clients a pleasant stay.

Regarding your stomach issues, we can assure you that the health and safety of our guests is taken very seriously. We follow strict procedures while handling our food products in order to prevent and avoid any kind of alimentary risks or hazards.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you again at one of our RIU hotels in order to deliver the high standards of guest service and quality which are typical at our resorts.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

We found every part of this hotel and it's grounds to be clean, well presented and well maintained. Our room and it's facilities could not be faulted.
The staff did not show favouritism towards any nationality and all were polite and helpful.
There was a brilliant variety of food all of which was to a high standard. The variety of alcoholic drinks available was good, although rather weak (apart from the wine) Absolutely no problem with getting a sunbed and the pool/beach towels were in good condition and always clean.
The only aspect letting this hotel down BADLY was the evening entertainment. The same singer singing the same tired songs practically every night. There was no issue with his actual singing, it just got tiresome and needed variety to please all the guests not just a handful of much older guests. We thought things were improving when we saw a circus act advertised but....we had the usual singer both before AND after the circus!
If it wasn't for the terrible evening entertainment then we would definitely recommend this hotel. After a few nights we sat outside on the terrace of the piano bar listening to our own music.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dare1977
Reviewed August 14, 2017

we stayed for 2 weeks from 27th July 2017, on arrival we were given a welcome drink and checked in quickly, our room was above the night club but the next day we asked to move and were given a room over looking the beach. The food during our stay was amazing and the service we got in the restaurant at night was second to none, the table was ready when we got there with our bottle of wine waiting and we were always greeted by the restaurant manager and our waiter, the chefs were always around and asked if everything was ok with the food even offering to make us a sandwich to take with us when we were leaving to go to the airport. The bar staff were yet again amazing and very friendly and happy to chat and give us advice when we told them we were going to the market. The guys round the pool were yes amazing chatty and friendly and didn't mither you to take part in the entertainment during the day if you didn't want to. The hotel was spotless and the cleaning staff and gardeners worked hard every day. We have stopped in Rius before and this was among one of the best ones we have stayed in, would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: email the hotel in advance and ask for a room that isn't above the night club
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kay s
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Dont get me wrong, this is a fantastic hotel with large public spaces and modern layouts. They have done a great job of the refurb in 2016.

The rooms are large and have everything you need in them. The showers are powerful and the air con works a treat. Having a fridge and free water is a must over here.

The towels they give you however are thin worn things.

The problem with this hotel are the staff. I found the majority, not all, to be quite rude and unpleasant. The ones working in the bars are definitely the worst. They dont understand any customer service. It seems that if you speak French then you are served well, less so for English speakers.

The alcohol is watered down as others have mentioned.

The food is just meh. There's a large selection of salad and fruit but the hot food is poor. Lacking variety and amount and its a fight to see who can get hot food without a wait.

Theres only one restaurant for breakfast and the same one for dinner. Lunch is in a smaller restaurant and again its poor.

The entertainment at the hotel is so poor. This is such a quick fix. Stop having pianists and saxophonist and have proper bands with singers to liven the place up. The place is deserted and no wonder.

Overall this could be a great hotel but I wouldnt come back here when you are treated as such an afterthought with such a lack of basic customer service.

This is my first time in a RIU hotel and i am not impressed at all.

If I could give it 2.5/ 5 I would.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Marsden72
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Tikida Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We are committed to provide excellent quality of our products and services to our guests. We regret to read that you have left our hotel with an opposite idea in your mind. We appreciate our guests’ comments since they help us improve our services. We will share your impressions with the corresponding department in order to make adjustments, if necessary.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate the high standards of service that are typical of our hotels.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I've given it a score of 3 because it should be a 3* hotel, majority of the staff are very friendly but I don't think some of them know what they're doing, asked for a chicken and veg pizza, the "chef" put pig in there, asked the waiter if it was chicken or pig, he said it's "chicken", asked 1 of the other chefs he said it's mixed chicken and pig, I don't eat piggy, asked for a double bed, given 2 single beds ! The water in the shower stands in the middle of the shower tray, stagnant water, stank the room out, no water given in the gym. The spa is really bad, given a robe which was torn, considering most of there clientele is English spoken there understanding was terrible. The hotel recommend a company for the excursion to marrakech, quad/buggy ride on dunes, a spa (agadir zen spa) rubbish and a airport transfer. All a waste of money. The quad/buggy ride was around a farm ! The spa was more like a brothel, the airport transfer never turned up, but having said all that I did really enjoy feeding the stray cats. I really did, that was my highlight of the 7 nights there. Oh before I forget the beer glasses are a quarter of a pint, same goes for any glass, too many trips back and forth to the bar. When we left the front of house didn't even thank us for our stay there. Try tikida palace or the sofitel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YNWA74

Dear guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

We are committed to provide excellent quality of our products and services to our guests. We regret to read that you have left our hotel with an opposite idea in your mind. We have sent your comments to the respective heads of departments involved and actions would be taken to address all your concerns.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back at one of our RIU hotels soon in order to deliver the high standards of guest service and quality which are typical at our resorts.