“my first Vietnamese restaurant in Africa”
Review of Kim Mon

Kim Mon
Ranked #161 of 946 Restaurants in Casablanca
Price range: US$23 - US$32
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2015

I'm American but I was born and grew up in Vietnam. When I was in Casablanca, I wanted to see what Vietnamese food tastes like in Africa. I had the chance to taste Pho (the famous Vietnamese beef noodle soup or Soupe tonkinoise, as it's called on the menu). For 5 EUR, it's reasonable for Casablanca, which I found to be a lot more expensive than Marrakech. The portion is rather small but that's relative. A bowl of Pho in Paris, USA, Australia, or Vietnam would be a lot bigger. In fact, you could actually swim in a bowl of Pho in the US--it's usually very big. The broth here was decent. The rare beef slices were tender. The noodle was slightly different from what you'd have in Vietnam. There seemed to be very little fresh herbs and veggie besides a few bean sprouts, coriander and spring onions--perhaps catering to local Moroccan taste. We also tried Vietnamese spring rolls but because this is a Muslim country, pork is replaced by chicken, making it not very authentic but I guess you have to adapt. This appetizer is only average. Before the meal was brought out, Vietnamese pickled carrot was offered as "amuse bouche"--very nice and authentic. It's free. The decor is very beautiful, warm, and inviting. Service was good--we got there late and there were not many customers.

Reviewed March 1, 2015

One week ago , me and my friend were looking for a restaurant to eat to , after several attempts we were refused in several restaurants. After a bit of walking , we were somehow attracted to this restaurant with the big golden door , usually my friend and i are not really fond of asian food , but we still decided to take the wage. Now we can utterly say we were not disappointed , the food was really good , half way between sweet and salty it was a great gustative experience.

I would definitely recommend it !

1  Thank camille g
Reviewed February 26, 2015

Still the best asian in Downtown Casablanca. New restaurant design and the food still so good!!!
Enjoy...

2  Thank JoshuaTe
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

What a waste of time, money and calories. Food was terribly spiced and the freshness was below average. Disappointing!

1  Thank Del G
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Finally a real Asian restaurant ! I went there with many friends, we had so much fun and the food is awesome ! The quality of the food impressed me, good sushi as well. We had some drinks as well :) The prices are good not too expansive. As for the service it was okay, the boss is very sweet. I will definitely go there again.