“Beautiful Dar, host was very welcoming and attentive to our needs”
Review of Dar Attajalli

Dar Attajalli
Ranked #30 of 100 Hotels in Fes
A TripAdvisor Member
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Our family room was very beautiful with our own Hamam bathroom. Breakfasts were bountiful. Dinner of Beef Tagine with plum and the Pastilla was so good. The host, Amina and Mohammed were so helpful to us, especially our baby. They made our trip to Fez very convenient and memorable.

We also booked our tour of the Atlas Mountain through them. Please request for Rascid/Rajid as your driver. Very trustworthy and helpful. He will look for the best/cheapest deals, be it for big purchases or a small bottle of water.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Attajalli, Gérant at Dar Attajalli, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and for the interest in staying at Dar Attajalli, hope to meet you again.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

What a wonderful experience...the Dar Attajalli is like a step back in time, with its beautiful original interiors and sympathetic restoration. I was left speechless upon stepping into the inner courtyard of the riad, richly decorated with colourful tiles and intricate carvings on the walls, boasting a gorgeous fountain near the entrance.

You can feel the history of this unique place, which was brought to life by our lovely hostess Amina and Mohammed. From the very start, my father and I were treated like old friends instead of guests, and both went to every effort to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

The warm welcome we received is something unique to the Dar Attajalli, and for me the people I meet on my travels are always, above all else, the very thing that make my trips memorable and special. Apart from Amina and Mohammed's hospitality, we relished every meal at the riad. The food here, as many others have said, is simply delicious. We enjoyed a variety of rich tagines, mouthwatering breakfasts full of local delicacies and lots of refreshing mint tea, of course.

I stayed in the Mauve room, while my father had the Orange room. Both were spacious, comfortable and exquisitely decorated. This riad lives up to its 'boutique' status, with meticulous attention to detail in the authentic, sumptuous furnishings and design. I didn't want to leave after our three days here were over - and I will be sure to return very soon. We both fell in love with the Dar Attajalli, which feels like a home from home. A big thank you to Amina and Mohammed for your kindness and generosity, we'll see you soon!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I am so happy you spent great moments between us :) so lovely words. Amina and Mohamed share with your warmest greetings from Fez.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights in early July with my daughter. We occupied both the Orange and Mauve rooms which are situated on the first floor of the Riad, overlooking the beautiful inner courtyard. Each of the 5 guest rooms are individually themed, and adorned with tasteful furnishings.
I cannot praise the food highly enough and meals could be taken either in the courtyard or on the lovely roof terrace which offers great views of the Fez skyline and beyond.
Amina and Mohammed gave us a wonderful welcome and were always on hand to ensure everything went smoothly, from creating the meals to organising trips, taxi transfers etc. Nothing was too much trouble for either, and we left feeling more like friends rather than merely customers.
We WILL return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with our mutual guests, so happy you enjoyed your stay between us, hope to meet you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I immediately felt at home once walking into the Riad. We were met by Walid who immediately welcomed us with tea and a familiarisation of Fez. He kindly paid for our porter from the taxi as we were yet to get any small change dirhams. We had pre-purchased the taxi from the airport for €20, on the Dar Attajali website. We were a bit confused when the driver asked us to pay, however we weren't charged for this on the final invoice from the Riad.

The space is incredibly beautiful, and the rooms wonderful. We had the Mosaic Room, and while I wouldn't recommend to a very light sleeper, I would recommend to anybody else. The noise was not bothersome, but you can hear the breakfast being setup in the morning which may be problematic for some. Otherwise, I slept well on such comfortable beds. The Riad is full of spaces to relax, read, enjoy the company of others or have some privacy. I particularly enjoyed the rooftop terrace.

The food was delicious, and I would recommend to at least enjoy Aminas dinner once. She is a terrific host, polite, accommodating and friendly. I had a wonderful time getting to know more about Moroccan culture and Fez from Amina and Walid.

Would highly recommend Dar Attajali

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vidadamond

We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Dar Attajalli, we try very hard to satisfy our guests, thank you for the visit.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Dar Attajalli is a really excellent place, with spacious, beautifully decorated rooms, with a peaceful garden and a multilevel terrace with nice view to Fez roofs where you can relax in the evenings. As we have finally realized it is quite centrally located and the food there including breakfast and dinner is great. And as if these were not enough, there is Amina. Amina is a friendly, kind, efficient genie cooking, serving, giving information and advice, organizing and making you feel not only welcome but friend and member of a big family.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Niki K

Great review from great person, so happy to meet at the Dar, thank you for sharing your experience on TA.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We spent two nights in this "Dar" out of seven night stay. I can honestly say that it was not good because we did not have decent beds to sleep on. We were offered two rooms and both had bad beds. First one the bedbase broke and both mattresses were worn or just thin and it needs to be replaced. It's referred to a "boutique" but I will not call it that. The Dar has been well restored but such a shame that the same attention has not been given to beds quality. We got two single duvets for a double bed...not sure why. I got woken up at 10pm by the noise of the washing machine and tumble dryer when I was desperate for a decent night sleep and I had no choice but to make my way to the laundry room and turn them off.

Furthermore, the place was absolutly feezing Monday to Wednesday this week. The owner is lucky to have a such nice staff and they tried to help within their means. We paid more than we did in our previous "Dar" and riads and yet the others were excellent.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Attajalli, Gérant at Dar Attajalli, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your review and for the time you spent to share your experience at Dar Attajalli with our mutual guests...We try very hard to satisfy our guests from the airport pick-ups and arrival transfers to the departure time. Me and the staff of Dar Attajalli we make all our efforts to offer our visitors the best experience ever. We offered you the choice between two rooms on your second day after broken your bed on your first night !!! we offer you the superior suite with no extra fees and we remember that you enjoyed your new suite.
Our beds are medical and very comfortable we never had any claim about beds since opening in 2009.
Again, thank you so much for your review and hope to meet you soon at Dar Attajalli.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

A beautifully restored dar with very helpful, friendly staff. The central courtyard is beautiful, decorated with stunning tiles and enormous hand carved and ornately decorated doors. It also has a lovely fountain. The rooftop terrace has a terrific view, a good seating area, and is festooned with flowering plants.

Our room was lovely, romantic, and larger than all of the others we booked in Morocco. It had a desk, a comfortable seating area, and a large bed. It was softly lit and had a large window looking out onto the central courtyard/dining area. The room had hand carved wood details. The bathroom had a large bathtub, was stocked with Moroccan olive soap, and was decorated with rose petals. I enjoyed a long, comfortable bath after a day of exploring the medina.

The one disappointment for us was the food. We expected wonderful food, given the rave reviews here on tripadvisor. Instead, we thought that the food was pretty average and the price for dinner was far above average. Breakfast was slightly above average among places we stayed in Morocco; dinner was a disappointment. Since a number of reviewers have identified Attajalli's dinner as a good choice for vegetarians, I was expecting more than the typical veggie tajine, but that's exactly what I received. I was then offered a dessert that clearly contained gelatin, which is not vegetarian. My husband, who is not vegetarian, had a tajine with beef and also felt that his meal was overpriced for what it was. Drink prices were so absurd that we shared a can of soda. We found that restaurants suggested by guides and guidebooks proved much better.

Overall, I think Attajalli is a very good choice and I felt that it offered good value accommodation for the money. I really enjoyed the afternoon mint tea. The courtyard was a peaceful place to read or do travel planning, and I loved looking at the scrapbook showing the restoration process -- it shows an absolutely incredible transformation! The owner was also happy to talk to me about how the restoration was done. We left happy and would love to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple