“Near the Blue Gate”
Review of Cafe Jawharat Fes

Cafe Jawharat Fes
Ranked #68 of 247 Restaurants in Fes
Reviewed May 13, 2017

It's one of the many restaurants next to the Blue Gate (Bab Bouijloud). We took a break here and drank orange juice. The prices are reasonable. However, the attitude of the waiters is not very polite.

1  Thank Hüseyin Y

Reviewed January 20, 2017

Was charged a "service charge" on my bill. In 10 days in Morocco, this was the only time this happened. Not sure why, the service was not very good and the food was already more expensive than other restaurants in the area.

2  Thank Leap L
Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

It was near of my hotel ,so we decided to go to this cafe restaurant,it was clean,we ate 2 club sandwitch and burger ,very good food.We will go again.

Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

Our Riad recommended the place for an authentic meal. It was the one restaurant near the blue gate that wasn't trying to get your business (with a guy out front calling out etc). The tagines we had were inexpensive (40dh) and the best we had on our trip. The service was also the best / quickest we received. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

I have tried 4 restaurants in this small area and it is my favorite.

The food has that extra touch of love that takes it to that next level. I have eaten here three times so far, and all three meals have been delicious. Even the little free olive appetizers are good. The bread tastes home made and has been served warm

The presentation is also very nice. That small touch of bringing it covered and lifting the tagine cover in front of you.

It has a very nice small deck and is a good way to people watch. The front patio area is pleasant. It is literally next to the Blue Gate on the left before you exit.

A good date restaurant on the deck

The service has been nice and good each time.

So far I have tried the vegetarian cous cous. Yummy with the stewed raisins on top. It brings the wonderful Moroccan sweetness to the dish.

The chicken tagine was very very good and so well balanced with the delicious diversity vegetables and again stewed raisins.

The pastillas was simply delicious. No picture. It is a must try. I recommend splitting this plate and a cous cous

The menu was 70 d.

The Moroccan salad was very fresh, just made each time, and simply very good.

The desert was sweet and good. Not really note worthy. I would end it with the mint tea instead -- it is an option

The fruit salad was yummy.

You will enjoy this delicious basic fair.