All reviews the ground floor heart toiletries terrace couch morocco
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Despite the fact that this riad is very well located and that its architecture is wonderful, don’t make the mistake to book it ! The owner tried to fool us at the moment we walked in : he pretended that the restaurant we were looking for was closed since more than a year (Darori Restaurant - one of the best in the Medina) and brought us to a really bad place that we left in a minute. If you are a tourist you will find this bad behavior often ...
Also :
-rude welcome : we got there at 9 pm and the owner asked us to pay cash before we had time to put our luggage in our rooms.
-be careful, it is not written anywhere but the owner pretended that there is a curfew at midnight ! (we were there for the festival ...)
-the smell was terrible; probably due to the molds on the bathroom’s wall.
-no maid service during our 3-day stay
-the owner keeps listening to loud music starting a 7:45 AM

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

The pros:
Good location in the medina.
Nice roof terrace with good view.
Nice breakfast.

The cons:
I think I got food poisoning from the breakfast.
Room and bathroom were extremely dirty when we arrived. After our first night the bed and room were not made and cleaned.

Feels more like a $30 / night hotel, not a $100 / night (which is what we paid).

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2018

I booked this hotel using a major online travel website and paid for the room in advance. Arrived at the Riad and was told I would not be allowed in my room unless I paid for it again with cash. When I asked what the problem was, they said the room was not paid for. I showed them my receipt and they still wouldn’t let us in the room. We were tired and hungry and had no where else to go so I had to pay again for the room. I felt completely swindled. Both the booking agency and I have tried to contact the Riad several times to explain the problem and they will not return the messages. I see now from other reviewers that this isn’t an uncommon practice for this hotel. The room itself was ok but I found it noisy, I could hear everyone walking by outside. The bathroom is very inconvenient. The tub is high off the ground and really close to the toilet making it very difficult to get into and then your head is almost at the ceiling when in the shower. For these reasons, I would not recommend this Riad.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

This friendly riad is in the heart of the Médina, so be prepared for an authentic experience. Fez is the oldest city in the world so don’t expect 5 star luxury and amenities. What you can expect is the friendliness of Morocco with all the sights, smells, colors and sounds of an ancient city. This is a desert country so it will be hot in the summer. During the rainy season, it will be damp in any riad. And on the occasional chilly day, you’ll want an extra blanket on the bed. But that just adds to the experience of taking a step back in time. The location is good, the staff is welcoming and helpful and the memories will be happy.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2017

Don't be fooled by their good reviews. We arrived at the Riad both tired and hungry after a long flight. The manager of the Riad, instead of helping us check-in, was on the phone for an hour. When he finally paid attention to us, he told us that we needed to pay in cash despite the fact that we had already paid using our credit cards online. With little options at 9pm and in a foreign place, we were forced to drag our stuff to the ATM because the manager of the riad refused to let us leave our stuff at the riad. We had enough money to cover the first night and promised we would paid the rest after we returned from dinner, but he wanted to us to pay all three nights in full immediately. We discovered later that although he claimed to have cancelled our credit card payment, that didn't not happen. Instead we were charged twice for our stay here. Once we returned home, we ended up spending hours on the phone trying to sort this out. That wasn't even the worst part of our experience. We were then put into a room that barely fit a queen bed while our bathroom was across the hallway on the other side of the room. The same bathroom that is used by the staff to do laundry!! Meaning that we were left without a bathroom from 6am-9am. I've traveled to a lot of places, and this is the first time I'm leaving a scathing review like this. I don't want you to experience what I've experienced! You would be a fool to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple