All reviews givenchy spa rooftop bar infinity pool moroccan restaurant de paris free shuttle service contemporary hotel acqua di parma check in was smooth amazing hotel management team nespresso machine duty manager separate toilet minute drive hotel is located rooms are large
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

The Hotel is Beautiful, but the service is not good, of course it is not everyone who is to blame, the worst is a lady who is behind the reception, very unpolite, rude and with bad manners. It is a shame becaude they could be considered one of the bests of Morocco.
The food is good, the gym is terrible, the service at the restaurant is a little slow but good.

Good luck, I won’t return

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Santiago M
Stailpied, Directeur général at Hotel Sahrai, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear Santiago M,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Our guests’ feedback is very important for us and I truly regret to read that you seem to be disappointed by the experience lived in our hôtel.

Please rest assured that our guests’ satisfaction is very close to our heart and that we always strive to make their stay with us exceptional. I would like to confirm to you that the experience described is not reflecting the high quality we use to offer to our guests, please accept our sincere apologies for creating such a disappointment.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon again to the Sahrai.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

This is a beautifully looking hotel but the service is below any standards. First the staff at reception did not know the password for WiFi. Then at breakfast nobody was there to offer coffee, and, the worst of all, we ordered a taxi the night before we left to get to the airport the next early morning for an impressive price of 280DH. But in the morning there was no taxi. And the concierge had no clue.
The worst experience I have ever had in my life.

4  Thank Matthias H
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

We recently had the pleasure of staying here three nights as part of a tour through Morocco.

The hotel is located on the hill overlooking the city and therefore one may need a taxi to go to Medina or anywhere else. Also, the area is not very suitable for walking near the hotel.

The design is contemporary and very modern. The amenities are of the highest quality, toiletries are Aqua Di Parma, the linens and bedding very good.

Throughout our entire stay, everyone from the entire staff was extra helpful and hospitable.

The spa service was outstanding and so was the breakfast buffet.

Probably the best hotel that we stayed throughout our entire trip.

I would like to thank everyone at this property for making our stay such a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Arturas3
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is not qualified to be listed with 5 stars. It offers no concierge service and the front office staff is completely incompetent. The expected value is not there for the prices charged. There are much better properties in Fes at comparable prices. During a recent trip, we left after two nights because of the miserable service.

This is copy of my letter of complaint to Mr Dibani, the front office manager.

I am writing to document the complaint we discussed on Wednesday, 21 March, about the front office staff.

On Tuesday, 20 March at about 10:00am I requested that the desk staff make a reservation at a restaurant that evening at 8:00pm. Since the restaurant was in the Medina I asked them to book the van and also to ensure that someone from the restaurant meet the van to lead us into the Medina. They agreed to do so and informed me that there would be an extra charge for driving to a gate other than the Blue Gate. I agreed to this charge.

When I returned from a day trip to Meknés at about 5pm, I asked for confirmation. No one at the front desk was aware of this request. I repeated the request and the person at the desk immediately organized it.

We took the van to the restaurant as planned. However, the driver drove to the Blue Gate instead of the gate closest to the restaurant. The guide from the restaurant met us and told us it would be a 15-minute walk or an additional taxi ride. It was raining heavily and cold. The driver called back to the front desk for instructions. The front desk was apparently unable to reroute the van. My partner took the phone and told the front desk that we expected to be taken to the correct gate. The person at the front desk then began to argue with my partner. After about 10 minutes of heated discussion, the front desk finally instructed the driver to reroute the van.

After dinner, we decided to take a taxi to return to the hotel. We did so, but were greeted by the guard at the gate who refused to allow the taxi to enter. Again, it was raining and cold. I went inside to complain to the front desk about this silliness. After yet another heated argument, the guard finally opened the gate.

When we then complained to the front desk about the treatment that evening, there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak to you immediately, but you were not available.

Mr Dibani, you bill yourself as a 5-star hotel and one of the small luxury hotels of the world. The level of service we experienced in no way matches those two descriptions. Your front office staff is not able to carry out simple reservations with clear instructions, let alone respond to special requests or deal with problems and complaints. Hotel Sahrai is not deserving of these designations.

There is no concierge service to deal with guests’ requests. The front office staff is expected to do this but is not trained to do so.

The cost for a room at your hotel is at a level similar to other 5-star hotels in the area but the service does not reach that level. I go on vacation and pay for a luxury room expecting that the hotel relieves my stress and does not contribute to it. I expect you to solve problems, not create them.

Because of these incidents and the general level of incompetence especially at the front desk, we left after two nights instead of staying for our reserved four nights.

2  Thank MarcT973

Dear Marc,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor after your recent stay at our property.

I regret to read that your experience did not met your expectations. We apologize for creating a deception to you. I know we cannot change your past experience but I would like to confirm to you that it is not the service we usually offer to our guests. Please rest assured that I have personally made a follow up with the relevant team members to remedy your observations and to avoid any reoccurrence in the future.

I invite you to take this offline in order to discuss your experience in more detail as we would very much like to convince you to come back to our property to prove to you that we are very much capable to deliver a luxurious hotel experience on par with other properties on the market place. Please kindly contact me at s.tailpied@hotelsahrai.com
I hope to hear back from you soon.

Best regards.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

Love this hotel. It is located above the city and we had a lovely view looking down on it. Our room was very comfortable, the in house restaurants were good and the staff was very accommodating. We recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Stailpied, Directeur général at Hotel Sahrai, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2018

Dear William,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Sahrai.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon in Fez,

Kindest regards,