All reviews hassan ii decent size one night stay clean hotel central location
Reviewed October 26, 2009

I booked this hotel online, so I paid less than what you pay at the actual hotel. Very nice 4 star hotel. Had a lovely big room, and quite a large bathroom. The only problem with it was that even though I have fairly short legs(!), my knees were right up against the bidet when using the toilet! Nice little swimming pool, although I did not go swimming as the water was too cold! Very nice continental breakfast included as well.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2009

This hotel is in the newer area of Fez but not too far from the old medina, The staff were always pleasant and ready to help. The reception area clean and traditonally decorated in moroccan style. The dining area ok, there are different areas for dining ,like a moroccan dining room and a more european style area. The food was always good.
The rooms we had were very clean and of good standard, much what we expect of 4*. the bathroom very nice and clean .
There was a tv in the room with english speaking channels.
The maid service good.
On our 1st visit in 1997 we had rooms at the front of the hotel , but we were disturbed by the disco which is downstairs until the early hours , we complained and were moved to a room at the back and it was better there.
The pool ,although quite small is clean and inviting, the pool area is also a place to dine in the evenings, which was very pleasant.
We have stayed twice in this hotel and it was great , we only stayed for a couple of days so we could tour around the old part of Fez, but would certainly return.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2008

I was in Morocco with 21 students last March. While in Fes, we stayed at the Hotel Sofia. The location of the hotel is great - just off the main boulevard (which is stunningly beautiful) of the city. The hotel is older and could use a bit of a pick me up, but for the price was fine! Some of the students saw some bugs (I think they were earwigs) in their bathrooms - have to remember that in hot climates, you are bound to have some bugs! The rooms were small but fine and reasonably clean. The area the hotel is located in was very safe - my students had 3 hours of free time to explore - no problems. Dinner in the restaurant was a very good buffet - lots of choice for everyone! Breakfast was also good - lots of fresh fruit - especially oranges!! All in all a good hotel!
Location: excellent
Value: excellent
Cleanliness: fair to good
Food: very good
Would I recommend it? Absolutely

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed November 5, 2007

As part of our tour, we were required to stay here for several nights and it appeared quite primitive in services. The elevators are very old and scary to ride in, especially when the metal doors slammed shut loudly. We're not sure if it was an energy saving feature, but the lights in the hallways would constantly go off, leaving you in total darkness. THe rooms were old and shabby but overall were adequate. There were dead ants on the carpet when we arrived. The bidet and toilet were so close together, they don't allow any room for your knees when going to the bathroom. I would not recommend elderly tourists to stay here particularly due to the effort required to get into the high-raised bathtubs, which can be a safety risk!

• Stayed: October 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 23, 2007

booked one night at this hotel good location right off the main street in the new town

Hotel staff were good and decent size clean room perhaps a little dated ?

food was tour food or canteen food but at least the beer was cheap ,,compared to other hotels in Morocco

overall good location decent staff ok room and eat somewhere else..

Stayed: October 2007