All reviews beautiful riad mint tea felt like royalty the air conditioning two nights roof terrace suite tour guide prayer medina morocco bustling alley chaos antiques beauty
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

We certainly did not see where the 9.1 rate is coming from. It is pretty to look at at first sight but really nothing special compared to other Riads we stayed in.

Karim was great! He really made an effort to make our trip nice.

But the room we stayed in (Suite Iman) did not have a window and was just at the lobby. We could here everything going on. Also there was no way to air out the room/toilet. The whole riad smelled a little weird which could easily be solved with some sentence oil. It was also dirty. I leaned with my head on a wall while sitting on a couch....my hair got stuck because it was sl sticky and I had to wash dem again. That was gross.

Food was good but not the best we had in Morocco. But since we stayed in Ourika we are a little spoiled. So compardd to other food in Fes it was good.

The location is ok too. Not too far from the Medina.

I think for the price charged there are better Riads.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

This is my first visit to Morocco, and my niece and I are traveling alone. Fez is a bustling, exciting and interesting city, but it’s a lot to take in. We found a wonderful refuge in this beautiful riad: it’s cool, calm, and the staff have been so kind to us.

Our room is on one of the upper floors, near the terrace. Ah, the terrace—stunning views of the city! We did not want to walk in the city at night, and so we spent the evening watching the city from the rooftop, listening to the calls to prayer from the mosques and enjoying the sunset over the ancient city.

Our room is very large and air-conditioned. It is a walk up the steep narrow stairs but worth it (there are lower level rooms, though.) The staff carried our heavy bags up the stairs for us, helped us set up a guided tour of the Medina, and was very understanding when we needed help finding and ATM that was working.

Good WiFi. Great dinner and breakfast in the atrium. Highly recommended place to stay in Fez.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2018

After a guide meets you outside the Medina, it is short walk to the Riad Ibn Khaldoun. Behind a gate and the typical Moroccan wooden door awaits a beautiful oasis from the hustle, bustle, and heat of Fes. Not only is the interior beautiful, but the staff is all incredibly warm and welcoming. They immediately offer tea and cookies and have a staff member go over the map of Fes as well as offering the services they can help arrange. I definitely recommend taking them up on the offer of a guide through the Medina, especially if you have never been to Fes before as it can be quite confusing. The breakfast is traditional Moroccan-ware, meaning various types of bread. However, you will find similar or worse anywhere else. All in all, I can fully recommend this property and have actually stayed on two separate occasions. Especially are Sanae and Najeem extremely helpful and I am so glad they were there to help us through some issues we were having, even though said issues did not whatsoever pertain to the Riad. We stayed in a room off the terrace, which offers an amazing panoramic view and the perfect place to escape to nightly to observe Fes and listen to the call to prayer.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs so if that is a problem, request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2018

The riad is of a rare beauty: it is an old Dar with amazing zelij, high ceilings, wooden decoration, spacious rooms, clean and atmospheric, wonderful! The staff is friendly and ready to help you at any moment. The breakfast is correct but not something special. We appreciated our stay there in early April 2018. I recommend it mainly because of the grace of the building, it is of a stunning beauty!

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the last couple of days. This place is beautiful, staff is very attentive and service is impeccable. Also best Tagine I've had since I got to Morocco a week ago. Food here is highly recommended! Picture below is of the beautiful breakfast on our your way out before we continue our journey. This place is fantastic!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple