This riad is far from the medina and is located in an area with no restaurants or places to eat. Getting around would require taxi service each and every time. Upon arrival at the riad the manager, Mustafa was kind enough to come to the street to help us with bags and walk us back to the door. Unlike other riads I stayed, there was no welcome tea etc. I was advised that the next morning I would be walked to the medina so that I could get to know the area. The next morning I had breakfast and spoke to Mustafa briefly, waiting for him to complete his breakfast duties. I went back to ask what time we would walk, and another employee informed me Mustafa left for the day. There was no knock on my door, no notification that plans had changed, nothing. He was even supposed to loan me an iron, which he never came to bring. When I asked the ladies in housekeeping, they advised me that they do not have ANY irons in the entire riad. Ironic that the next day Mustafa gave me the one he promised the day before. Breakfast consisted of some form of bread and butter or crepe and jam. It was the most underwhelming breakfast I have seen in my history of travels. Again, compared to the spread served at other riads, I was highly disappointed. Furthermore, my butter one day was served with a strand of hair in the dish. It was promptly changed upon request. The Hiba room was nicely decorated and came with a private bath, but there was no television in the room (for those with children). The cat did not bother anyone, but if you are allergic, you may want to book elsewhere. I tried to cancel upon learning they had a cat, and it went like this. In February I accidentally booked this riad for a non-refundable stay in June. (Multiple screens open would do it sometimes :-(. I called the booking company right away, and they called the hotel to see if I could cancel with no penalty. They were advised the decision maker was not in. I had them call the next day at a different time, they received the same response. A 3rd day came, and they advised to put it in writing and it will be done. My main issue was the cat. I later received a final decision that it was declined. Keep in mind this was 4 months ahead of the date of stay, not 4 weeks or 4 days prior. Anyway, they are entitled to decline, and that they did. All in all though, I am big on service, and I felt this riad lacked the top notch service I seek. I would not recommend this riad to others based on location, and subpar service, but I wish them well. I am astonished they have such a high rating, but I recently received an email from the booking agent that was thanking me for the feedback on this riad, and since this is my first feedback, I am not sure how accurate these high ratings are, and what ghosts are sending ratings to the booking agent on my behalf. Weird!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech