See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

The rooms very dirty and smoking smells everywhere, First thing the air conditioner is note working and it's very warm in Marrakech, No fridges in the room and water everywhere in bathroom , the employees don't give any help

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2017

I would give them three stars, if it were not for the lack of a fridge, and the rather extortionate prices they charge within the hotel, as well as the very poor breakfast service they provide. The main plus about this hotel is that the housekeeping service is top star, the ladies who clean the place are very helpful, lovely and timely in making sure you have fresh towels, and your room is clean, Reception service was nice overall, except for the lady who can be a little bit off with you. Still overall the reception service were helpful whenever you need help.

A couple of things I was not happy with were the very very poor breakfast service they provide. The food looked like the leftovers of last nights dishes they served. They were not refurbished dishes, and it was the same breakfast every day, On top of that disservice, there's an older guy who asks you every time what your room number is as soon as you enter the breakfast area, and he also will walk around you whilst your eating your breakfast which I found unbelievably irritating and made me feel conscious. It is not the younger boy, it is the older man who is a little disruptive and talks loudly around you when your having your breakfast. The dining area is okay, it was lovely because there's a couple of cats roaming around the place, which I'm not sure if your a cat lover like I am, but it was nice having them.

I overall didn't feel as comfortable as I would have liked to, I feel as though if I was french-speaking I would have felt more integrating with the staff at the hotel.

The air con was sufficiently working, in fact, a little too cool for me to be honest, and the size of the room were spacey and wide. However, I did feel that the place is a little outdated and shabby looking, the seats on the chairs on the rooftops were always dirty, the socket walls were hanging out at almost every location. I didn't enter the pool, but being a semi-germ freak, I didn't really want to. I do love the rooftop style pool they have, although I would have preferred an indoor pool instead because I don't want to always be hot in the sun when swimming. Its a real disadvantage to a hotel to only have outdoor pools. They also charged me 25dirham for a bottle of water, when the same bottle of water is 4-5 dirham in the supermarket which is 2 minutes away.

The food provided is rather poor quality. They charge too much, and they always seem as though they want to profit off of everything they provide you with. There is also no fridge so you are forced to eat out all the time as you cannot keep anything in the room. This makes it very very unsuitable for families with children. They also charge for items to be put in a safe, also I'm not too sure why one would need a safe anyway, if the housekeepers and those entering the room are only authorised and would not steal anything. Also, WIFI was not very good, kept going on and off, making it unsafe for businesses. There is also not many guests staying here which makes it a little off putting if you look at it in the sense that there is not many people to interact with, I think for the total of 5 nights and 6 days I was there there was only 1 or 2 eating breakfast with us, and many of the rooms in the hotel are empty.

However, the view outside my room was amazing and overlooking the beautiful pool and residents houses. It was very nice.

Room Tip: My room on the 5th floor had a very nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ayan M
Reviewed June 14, 2017

The city is very beautiful with its ancient monument... and the hotel give services every traveler require... The hotel has a view of the city with its rooftop pool which is beautiful at night...Fresh juice at breakfast, which is my favourite... and I love the canopy bed.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2017

Hello,

I've stayed 6 nights in this hotel and my impression is not great at all.

Let me start from the booking process. On booking.com it is clearly written that the guests who stay for more than 3 nights will receive a hammam treatment and a massage for 30 minutes. I was really excited about it before my journey to Marrakesh. However, the hotel had available appointments after our trip ! It wasn't pleasant at all as there wasn't many guests in the hotel. Finally, I didn't receive any of these treatments and no one did anything to help me.

The Second matter are the goods provided. On the website there are jacuzzi pictures but in reality there is no jacuzzi in the hotel. The air conditioning is not working properly and there was extremely hot in the room. Again, we were told the air conditioning IS WORKING so nothing else would be done about it.

The last point is rude staff. There was only one gentleman who tried to help us whenever we needed but rest of the team was very angry and unhelpful. There are the examples. Once we arrive we wanted to exchange the money. The receptionist said that £1= 11.86 Dihram, we felt that it wasn't a great price so we went to our room. We discussed the matter and we decided to exchange £20 so we had enough money to go to the city centre. We went downstairs again, there was another gentleman who said it will be £1=12.30 Dihram. The previous person wanted to cheat us...

The second situation was with excursions which are incredibly expensive in the hotel. We booked all the excursions with different company. The lady responsible for them in the hotel was very angry that we didn't book anything from them and she told us about it. It was really shocking.

The good points about the hotel are:
- there are many restaurants and shops around so it is easy to buy anything.
-The roof top pool is really nice.

I hope this review will help someone to make a right decision.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2017

Thank you very much to all the staff of the hotel Imperial Plaza,I'm home now and i still remember every moment of my stay in Marrakech,you are very kind and helpful people you made my journey very interesting ,you have a nice hotel and a beautiful pool, i will be so glad to come back again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family