“Amazing place it is the perfect place to escape after a day at the souks”
Review of Zamzam Riad

Zamzam Riad
Ranked #70 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
“Amazing place it is the perfect place to escape after a day at the souks”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I love this place from the cooking to the relaxed feeling that I had here. The food was great And all the people that worked there were great . I would definately stay there again every time I go to Marrakech

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank JKMSTREET

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Dear Riad Zamzam
Just a note to thank you for fantastic time in a spectacular setting celebrating little Brothers Birthday.
As perfect hosts you really made the weekend extra special and so glad you joined us for a glass on the day.
Not really knowing where we were going as he kept it a secret from us it was just as much a thrill for us as it was for him.
Typical nervous Brits walking up the alleys from the taxi we were wondering where the destination was.
Greeted by the charming Imane cast aside any doubt on what a truly great place we had entered.
Imane, Feisal, Aziz and crew are an absolute credit to you.
Your chef and waiting staff work very hard indeed and the place could not function in its capacity without any of them.
They could not do enough for us and like most of us it’s not a case of if but when we make a return visit and to see a bit more of the Country, not just confined to few days alcohol fuelled Souk wandering.
Marrakesh Reunion is a must!
And for Mrs Feisal yes he only had 2 beers – sans alcohol! What a host! I’m so glad he enjoyed the night as much as we did and probably felt the same effects of dancing as us though not as much as some of our Party did.
Sincere Apologies if I have spelt any names wrong but as I heard in Laurence of Arabia ‘’Allah favours the Compassionate’’
Till the next time.
Best Wishes
Many Thanks
(Big Brother!)

Room Tip: The Hamam treatments are a must. Walking from the Taxi gets you accostomed to the Marrakesh feel pr...
Cambridge
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed at ZamZam as part of a group recently, so not having booked it myself (and normally being a bit of a control freak!) I wasn't sure what to expect of my first trip to Marrakech. I had nothing to worry about! The whole experience was amazing. I felt so well looked after - Emma, Marcus and their staff are all so lovely. I have to mention Faisel, as he personally escorted our group to restaurants/bars in the evening, even giving up his night off to make sure we didn't get lost in the warren of Medina! The food prepared by Zamzam, both in the evenings and breakfast was excellent. The rooms, and indeed all the public areas, were tastefully decorated in the traditional Moroccan style, and we had the best bathroom with a huge spa bath/shower. Really nice complementary toiletries, bathrobes, etc as well. Huge room and comfy bed so I slept very well. I booked myself in for a massage, which was very relaxing and good value too - much better than the equivalent at a UK spa. The roof terrace was my favourite place. A shady corner to relax with cocktails, or sunbeds to catch some rays. Very happy memories, and I didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Rose Suite - on the ground floor, but has the best bathroom
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Every once in a while you find yourself somewhere so special, surrounded buy such wonderful people, that your heart breaks a little when it comes time to leave. Riad ZamZam is such a place. Emma and Marcus are the perfect hosts and their warm and friendly staff helped to make our stay exceptional. Thank you all for a perfect long weekend.

The Riad itself is an oasis of calm set a away from the hubbub of the Souks. The rooms are beautiful and the common areas tastefully designed for relaxation and socialising. The food was authentic, vibrant and fresh. I could go on, but you get the idea, I really liked it.

I'd love to come back, but fear if I do, I may never leave :-)

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I attended a cooking class with my travel buddies at Riad ZamZam. The Riad was decorated with stunning flair and had a peaceful feel as soon as we stepped through the door. Emma and her staff were very friendly and gracious. She took us to market with her to see what is available and then purchased what we needed to make the yummy Lamb Tagine and a variety of Moroccan salads. Coming back we chopped and did prep work under the supervision of her lead chef. While the foods were cooking, we chatted and drank mint tea and wine; later sitting down to the wonderful Moroccan Feast. Emma called for our transportation back and sent us on our way with a complimentary tagine pot and recipes. This was one of the highlights of my trip. Now...time to have a Moroccan meal at home for my friends.

Room Tip: Ask about the cooking classes! Marvelous.
1 Thank StudiosNobhill
Nigeria
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Trying to find a place to stay can be extremely difficult and reading reviews sometimes confuses matters more. So I am going to write a very honest review to help you make your choice. I stayed at ZamZam just this weekend (27-30th April, 2012) having no idea what to expect as friends of mine did all the arranging. What I wanted was a stress free place where I could relax and chill for the weekend having just spent 3 months working in Africa. I really needed some tranquility and I wanted to be left alone to my own devices. ZamZam gave me all of this and without sounding cliched a little more. As soon as we arrived the staff carried our bags to the riad and we were served some yummy mint tea. We were then taken to our rooms which are absolutely heaven. You will really love the decor, the small touches such as delicious biscuits from Marrakech, bottled water, beautiful bedding and such a comfortable bed you will sleep like you haven't never slept before. We were there to celebrate a 40th birthday so we had dinner at the riad on two nights and the other night we had dinner in town. The food at ZamZam was much better than the food we had out in town and we ate at a very expensive restaurant. So I would suggest tasting the delights of ZamZam. My favourite thing about ZamZam, and this may make me sound like a bit of a princess, is having my room done everyday. New sheets, clothes folded, new towels, bath robes - after a full day wondering through the Souks, coming home to a freshly made up room was just wonderful.

If you are looking for a place where the service is friendly and impeccable, the food remarkable, cocktails on the terrace or a glass of wine, and a space that is yours to do as you please then look nowhere else. ZamZam is the place to satisfy your every need. And no I wasn't paid to write this! This review is my honest opinion and my intention is to help you find a place where you will be happy. Enjoy ZamZam.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We originally planned on staying at Riad ZamZam for 2 nights, but once we crossed the threshold into the beautiful tranquil oasis that is Riad ZamZam, we did not want to leave. We ended up extending our stay until our very last day in Morocco. Every detail and decor has been thoughtfully and artistically executed. The place is stunning.

After finding the riad in the maze of the chaotic Marrakech Medina, Faisel (the night manager) opened the door and greeted us with a warm smile. We were tired and weary from out 10 our bus ride. When Faisel opened the doors we felt as though the heavens opened up and we were crossing into a luxurious private gem. The staff is extremely professional and helpful. While the riad offers all of the services (hammam, spa, restaurant, tour guides, etc), the staff does not push the services, they simply make them available. The restaurant is something special. We dined in the library room the night we arrived. The food... was delicious, intricate, and expertly prepared.

My husband and I spent the final days of our honeymoon in Marrakech. Riad ZamZam was the romantic and peaceful sanctuary we were looking for.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple