All reviews samsara suite rose room mint tea the main square day trip atlas mountains pancakes perfect location heart of marrakech airport transfer narrow alleyways the hustle and bustle your luggage fantastic stay tucked away lovely roof terrace yogurt
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful Riad and excellent location. Careful not to get lost finding it (although it’s well sign posted, Marrakech style) and the staff were very helpful. Breakfast was standard for a Riad but the location makes it lovely

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2018

Abdul, Zechariah and all the staff are wonderful. Great location, really close to Square. But like every one say, don't even think about trying to find it by yourself the first time round. Simply sit back and enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Riad Lorsya for 3 nights at the beginning of May while in Marrakech. Firstly, let me say that everything about Lorsya is charming, as soon as you step through the riad door from the alleyway you feel the old-worldliness of the place (of course, it’s an 18th-century house). The courtyard and sitting areas are immaculate, when we entered I felt like I had walked into G.R.R. Martin’s description of Sunspear and the water gardens (sorry not sorry, HUGE Thrones fan here.. and if you are too, be sure to visit Ait Benhaddou and Essaouira; the filming locations for GOT’s Yunkai and Astapor). If you are interested in a day trip to one or both of these places the front desk can arrange it for you, which brings me to Lorsya’s other notable quality; the staff.

We landed in Morocco quite late (1 am - Air Europa’s cheapest redeye), and didn’t get to the riad until around 2 am, after immigration and baggage. On arrival, the night desk attendant was very pleasant and had check-in info and documents at the ready for us. He let us know breakfast was from 8 to 10:30 the next morning, but we pretty much knew we would sleep through it after getting in so late, so wrote it off as our loss. The next day we woke up at midday and were prepared to find a meal off-property, but when we got downstairs were pleasantly surprised to be asked if we wanted breakfast (Hell Yes!). Breakfast was light but tasty, which I prefer, and consisted of crepes, bread, butter, an assortment of jams, yogurt, orange juice, and coffee (see pics). After breakfast, the day manager gave us maps and a briefing on tours they could arrange (i.e. Essaouira, Ait Benhaddou, Atlas Mountains, the Desert etc.), and on getting around the Medina, to the Souks, and to Jemaa el-Fnaa (all a short walking distance from Riad Lorsya - no more than 10 mins).

**TIP The Medina and souks can be confusing; it's very easy to get lost. Our solution was to download the medina area (google maps offline) so that we had a general sense of where everything was. If you want more precise directions, another option would be to download a run tracker app. This will trace your exact steps around the medina, then you can follow them backward to get back to the riad.

Again, as we knew we were getting in late and after reading suggestions from other guests we opted to take the airport transfer option offered by Riad Lorsya, and we strongly suggest doing so if you plan to stay there. Riad Lorsya is difficult to find at first, especially at night! It was super convenient to have an English speaking driver waiting for us at the airport and then a porter (see pics) to cart our luggage through the narrow alleyways to the riad.

**TIP It is impossible for a taxi to drop you off at the riad’s doorstep as the alleyways which lead to it cannot fit a vehicle. Also, I don’t imagine that dragging your luggage along while attempting to find the riad in the maze that is the old city (the medina) could ever be a pleasant experience. It really is best to just take the airport transfer -- €15/person = No Headache.

Lastly, I’ll mention what we found to be cons. We stayed in the Samsara Suite, the room and bathroom were very spacious (huge shower and water as hot as the devil's breath), was also very clean, and the AC worked great (this is probably most important for us). However, the room was dark, and I understand that it's meant to be romantic but after the 3rd time resting my phone down then having to search for it for half an hour, the low light became really annoying. In short, the Samsara Suite needs better lighting, but being nosy and peering into other rooms I noticed that Samsara was the only room with this problem. In addition, the wifi quality inside the room was poor (I know I know, first world problems). My husband ended up placing his laptop on the windowsill facing the courtyard and turning on its hotspot feature so the wifi would reach the bed. A Longer range or more powerful router or placing repeaters/extenders in the room would fix this issue easily. For these two factors, we knock one green bubble off.

All in all, it was a good stay... Hope this was helpful!

Room Tip: Don't miss the sunset from the rooftop terrace
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JayNStefStay
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Great riad in the Medina. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly. The rooms were excellent and beautifully decorated. The courtyard was excellent as well. Location wise, it was right in the heart of Marrakech with many souks and restaurant s around and the main square just a few mins away. Would definitely come back again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2018

This Riad is down a small alley and well appointed to get you quickly to the main square and most places within the Medina and the Medina walls are not more than a 10 minute walk. the rooms and communal areas are as pretty as pictures show and all is well presented.

I would say the breakfast could do with a little refining, but it was adequate.
also to make it a little more special throws/ material over the plastic covered loungers would be a nice homely touch in keeping with other areas, the existing photos are a true representation of this accommodation. we had a wonderful stay and the staff were extremely friendly and will pander to your every need.

Room Tip: we only saw our room but from pictures I would say any !
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple