“Cool haven in the heat”
Review of Riad Timila

Riad Timila
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This was actually my second visit to Riad Timila. Both visits have been during the summer when, despite being more than a bit hot in the city, the Riad proved to be a haven of relaxation and has no shortage of ways to cool down when the temperature becomes a little overwhelming. My favourite ways to spend the afternoons were to either relax with a good book in the plunge pool (there are also several cool spots with sofas and comfortable chairs that do the trick!) or else in the air conditioned media room with a film or box set (but viewer beware - the sofas are incredibly comfortable and you may end up taking an unplanned nap rather than catching up on that latest series of your favourite show!). If you do want to make the most of the sunshine, the terraces at the top of the house are perfectly kitted out for an afternoon's sunbathing, with comfortable beds and a shower to cool off. The top terrace is a particularly lovely place to round the day off with a glass of wine and panoramic views of the city (and even the Atlas mountains if you're lucky!).

My visit last year was my first trip to Morocco and, as a single traveller, I was slightly unsure about navigating my way from the airport through the city to the Riad - but I needn't have worried! Both times I was met with a local driver who took me straight to the Riad, where I was met by Ismael who helpfully carried my bags from the car to the room. The seamless arrival arranged by Brahim really takes the pressure off those first few minutes of the holiday, and helps to ease you straight into relaxation mode even faster.

The house itself is fantastic - everything promised by the website and even more. Both times I've stayed I've been lucky enough to be in the suite, but I'm reliably informed that the same comfortable beds and high quality linens are present in all of the rooms. The air conditioning works efficiently and helps prevent a sweaty, restless night's sleep in even the hottest of temperatures. The owners clearly have an excellent eye for design and effortlessly mix authentic Moroccan touches with contemporary pieces to excellent effect. The sense of each room being carefully curated is one of the most striking features of the Riad; rather than an identikit approach, each room has a clear personality and style.

A word also has to go to Henia, the Riad's fanastic cook. Every day, without fail, she creates some of the best food I've tasted in Marrakech, whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I'd recommend trying the stuffed sardines for lunch and the chicken tagine for dinner, which are both utterly delicious but may reduce your appetite for exploring further into the city's culinary offerings! On the occasion you do want to venture out, Brahim is really helpful with lots of restaurant suggestions and will make any necessary reservations if you need them. One day I decided to escape the city to visit Beldi Country Club and, as with the airport transfer, Brahim arranged everything perfectly.

As you can probably tell, I'm an enormous fan of Riad Timila. I have recommended it endlessly to friends considering a trip to Marrakech, and I wouldn't think about staying anywhere else other than this oasis of calm in the depths of the hustle and bustle of the city.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I’ve stayed at a couple of riads and hotels in Marrakech but Riad Timila is head and shoulders above the rest.

I loved everything about this riad. The decor is beautiful and was obviously created by someone with a keen eye for detail. It’s a wonderful mix of Moroccan charm but with a modern twist that incorporates an eclectic mix of artwork and artifacts.

I stayed in the red room, it had the most comfortable bed with Egyptian cotton sheets and an amazing antique Moroccan door as a headboard!

The riad has a lovely roof terrace with comfortable sun beds and a shower to cool off, or you can head down to the plunge pool which is in a courtyard surrounded by greenery. There are plenty of seating areas in the shade to curl up with a book or laptop - my favourite was the pink sofa near my room.

I ate both lunch and dinner at the riad and the food was absolutely delicious, in fact I’d go so far as to say it was better than some of the restaurants we visited.

Brahim & Ismail made sure we had everything we needed and even went to the supermarket to get some more of the delicious Rose wine when we ran out - thank you!

I can’t recommend this place highly enough and can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't have changed a thing. Fantastic staff, beautiful setting, unbelievable food, a real treat in there heart of the media.
A trip to beldi country club was the cherry on the cake. Perfectly organised by Brahim and Ismail.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oscar E
elliston36, Owner at Riad Timila, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

I'm so pleased that you had a good time during your stay with us. Please come again!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We spent a long weekend at Riad Timila for a birthday celebration. It couldn't have been more perfect. There were twelve of us and we couldn't fault our stay. Beautifully decorated Riad, absolutely spectacular food and a perfect location. Everything was amazing and I'm already thinking about when to book another trip! Brahim and Ishmael were so accommodating and helped us with everything, thank you very much for such a brilliant trip!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
elliston36, Owner at Riad Timila, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

The Timila team are all delighted that you had a good time and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This is an amazing Riad.... such a cool vibe with lots of personal touches. It is beautifully furnished with lots of chill out places to sit & a wonderful roof terrace with great views to sit & have drinks. There is also a great plunge pool to jump into when you come back from the hustle & bustle of the Medina.
The staff are really helpful & provide an amazing breakfast & lunch & dinner too when required !

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Another glorious long weekend at Road Timila, an oasis in the bustling Medina of Marrakech. The owners have decorated the riad very elegantly, with all mod cons including - thank God - very effective air con. There's a little plunge pool for cooling off and a beautiful roof garden for sundowners, and al fresco dining. (The riad's cook prepared the best meals we had in the city). Great massages and mani/pedis can be arranged, as well as excursions into Marrakech and beyond. Advice on restaurants and activities was excellent, and the staff are simply faultless: you can rely on Brahim to handle anything and everything with consummate charm.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Beautiful riad, exquisitely decorated, perfect location with breath taking views from roof top terrace and fabulous authentic Moroccan cuisine. Very friendly and helpful staff. An oasis of calm in the centre of the ancient medina.

Room Tip: We stayed in a pretty double room with silver quilts and fabrics. Very exotic!