Riad Timila
Riad Hidden(Marrakech)
Riad Yara(Marrakech)
Riad Carllian(Marrakech)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsplunge poolroof terracemedia roomthe main squareatlas mountainshammam roomstocked fridgehave stayed here several timeswonderful home cookeddelicious supperbeldi country cluba stones throwthe location is perfectmodern twistmoroccan charman oasisthe hustle and bustle
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

This was actually my second visit to Riad Timila. Both visits have been during the summer when, despite being more than a bit hot in the city, the Riad proved to be a haven of relaxation and has no shortage of ways to cool down when the temperature becomes a little overwhelming. My favourite ways to spend the afternoons were to either relax with a good book in the plunge pool (there are also several cool spots with sofas and comfortable chairs that do the trick!) or else in the air conditioned media room with a film or box set (but viewer beware - the sofas are incredibly comfortable and you may end up taking an unplanned nap rather than catching up on that latest series of your favourite show!). If you do want to make the most of the sunshine, the terraces at the top of the house are perfectly kitted out for an afternoon's sunbathing, with comfortable beds and a shower to cool off. The top terrace is a particularly lovely place to round the day off with a glass of wine and panoramic views of the city (and even the Atlas mountains if you're lucky!).

My visit last year was my first trip to Morocco and, as a single traveller, I was slightly unsure about navigating my way from the airport through the city to the Riad - but I needn't have worried! Both times I was met with a local driver who took me straight to the Riad, where I was met by Ismael who helpfully carried my bags from the car to the room. The seamless arrival arranged by Brahim really takes the pressure off those first few minutes of the holiday, and helps to ease you straight into relaxation mode even faster.

The house itself is fantastic - everything promised by the website and even more. Both times I've stayed I've been lucky enough to be in the suite, but I'm reliably informed that the same comfortable beds and high quality linens are present in all of the rooms. The air conditioning works efficiently and helps prevent a sweaty, restless night's sleep in even the hottest of temperatures. The owners clearly have an excellent eye for design and effortlessly mix authentic Moroccan touches with contemporary pieces to excellent effect. The sense of each room being carefully curated is one of the most striking features of the Riad; rather than an identikit approach, each room has a clear personality and style.

A word also has to go to Henia, the Riad's fanastic cook. Every day, without fail, she creates some of the best food I've tasted in Marrakech, whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I'd recommend trying the stuffed sardines for lunch and the chicken tagine for dinner, which are both utterly delicious but may reduce your appetite for exploring further into the city's culinary offerings! On the occasion you do want to venture out, Brahim is really helpful with lots of restaurant suggestions and will make any necessary reservations if you need them. One day I decided to escape the city to visit Beldi Country Club and, as with the airport transfer, Brahim arranged everything perfectly.

As you can probably tell, I'm an enormous fan of Riad Timila. I have recommended it endlessly to friends considering a trip to Marrakech, and I wouldn't think about staying anywhere else other than this oasis of calm in the depths of the hustle and bustle of the city.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom J
Reviewed September 1, 2017

I’ve stayed at a couple of riads and hotels in Marrakech but Riad Timila is head and shoulders above the rest.

I loved everything about this riad. The decor is beautiful and was obviously created by someone with a keen eye for detail. It’s a wonderful mix of Moroccan charm but with a modern twist that incorporates an eclectic mix of artwork and artifacts.

I stayed in the red room, it had the most comfortable bed with Egyptian cotton sheets and an amazing antique Moroccan door as a headboard!

The riad has a lovely roof terrace with comfortable sun beds and a shower to cool off, or you can head down to the plunge pool which is in a courtyard surrounded by greenery. There are plenty of seating areas in the shade to curl up with a book or laptop - my favourite was the pink sofa near my room.

I ate both lunch and dinner at the riad and the food was absolutely delicious, in fact I’d go so far as to say it was better than some of the restaurants we visited.

Brahim & Ismail made sure we had everything we needed and even went to the supermarket to get some more of the delicious Rose wine when we ran out - thank you!

I can’t recommend this place highly enough and can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't have changed a thing. Fantastic staff, beautiful setting, unbelievable food, a real treat in there heart of the media.
A trip to beldi country club was the cherry on the cake. Perfectly organised by Brahim and Ismail.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oscar E
elliston36, Owner at Riad Timila, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

I'm so pleased that you had a good time during your stay with us. Please come again!

Reviewed June 22, 2017

We spent a long weekend at Riad Timila for a birthday celebration. It couldn't have been more perfect. There were twelve of us and we couldn't fault our stay. Beautifully decorated Riad, absolutely spectacular food and a perfect location. Everything was amazing and I'm already thinking about when to book another trip! Brahim and Ishmael were so accommodating and helped us with everything, thank you very much for such a brilliant trip!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
elliston36, Owner at Riad Timila, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

The Timila team are all delighted that you had a good time and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed May 25, 2017

This is an amazing Riad.... such a cool vibe with lots of personal touches. It is beautifully furnished with lots of chill out places to sit & a wonderful roof terrace with great views to sit & have drinks. There is also a great plunge pool to jump into when you come back from the hustle & bustle of the Medina.
The staff are really helpful & provide an amazing breakfast & lunch & dinner too when required !

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel