All reviews upgraded to a suite hammam spa tagine medina shisha balconies
Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

I had higher expectations for this hotel mainly because it looked fabulous in the pictures. When entering the hotel you can tell the pictures were taken quite a while ago. The breakfast selection was very limited and lacked presentation. Personally, I pay a lot of attention to detail and noticed the hotel in general is in need of maintenance work. However, the staff working in this hotel were one of the main pros (friendly, helpful and polite). The location of this hotel is pretty good and is only minutes away from the high street and about a 10 minute taxi ride to the medina. This hotel has potential to be great but it just seems like it has been a little resented.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2016

Located in the heart of Gueliz this hotel is good stay for those that want to be away from Medina madness and have a feeling of Europe ;)
Reception staff were very good, especially Khadija, who went above and beyond to make sure our honeymoon gets better ( we were let down by another hotel chain). Another girl was nice, apart from young guy who works there. He needs to learn customer service skills - he would not change our room to another one, after we complained that toilet seat was broken, bath plumbing was messing up, loud and very smelly, tv and air-con not working. After my husband got upset on him, he showed other rooms, which were even worse!! Finally door concierge showed us decent room that we took. It was the best out of 5 we were shown.
Breakfast quite average, staff very miserable, although our maid was very nice.
There was a leak in the breakfast room for 3 days we stayed there- not a good look.
Hotel was Sky bar- which is quite a nice addition to the hotel.
Also spa is very good!!!
The best feature of this hotel is location.

Room Tip: Room 204 nice!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and it was lovely. The room was very comfortable and included a balcony. The check in was pleasant and given traditional tea on arrival. There is free wifi however the reception in the room is poor but fine in all the lobbies and restaurants etc. The only fault I would have would be on the lack on information given at check in eg what times breakfast is served, wifi codes etc. Other than that all staff were extremely friendly and always welcoming. Breakfast was lovely a great selection something for everyone including chocolate cake!! Cocktails in the bar were great with a fantastic atmosphere, would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2016

Basically my travel companion and I paid only £40 pounds each for 3 nights bed and breakfast which included a free hamaman so we really didn't expect much however we had requested twin beds which we had and they were very comfortable, the room was clean and the balcony overlooked the very congested road at the front of the hotel where we were morbidly mesmorised by the sheer volume of traffic and near misses. The water when trying to take showers at any time of day was only luke warm at best which is fine in summer months but we were cold in evenings. The breakfast was lovely, the sky bar is nice but extremely expensive, the roof top plunge pool is small and freezing so unable to use (big booh) all in all well worth the money we paid but doesn't warrant the four star rating more like a three.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2016 via mobile

Arrived as single female, no lock on door entire stay so every time wanted to enter room had to go to reception and ask someone to let me in. Means I did not feel comfortable using the spa as didn't want to go to reception after! Pool had no water- spa and pool were my only reasons for choosing this hotel. Waiters on one occasion ignored me and was waiting 40 mins before gave up and went somewhere else to eat. Majority of staff were friendly and helpful. Got a phone call 5am one morning not sure why? Must have got wrong room but woke me up!!

Majority of staff good English and very helpful. Great shame no vegetarian options in restaurant so couldn't eat...

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo