“A great experience for our family”

Medina Sightseeing Tours
Ranked #496 of 606 Outdoor Activities in Marrakech
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We will make all your dreams real in Marrakech
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We visited Marrakech for two days in June with our 7 and 10 year old kids. Mohammad was very accommodating when our train was very late. Abdul met us at our hotel. He was on time, very polite, and wanted to design a tour that would be interesting for all of us and appropriate for kids and the heat. Abdul has excellent English and has much knowledge of his city and country. He is friendly and helpful. We visited the carpet store, but kindly told them we were not interested. We visited the cosmetic store and found the Argon oil very well priced, but we did not feel pressured to buy at all. Later that day (when it was a bit cooler), Abdul took us to the market to see the snake charmers and fortune tellers. We enjoyed walking thru the souks with Abdul and learning about the different types of foods and different lifestyles in Marrakech. Abdul suggested we seek out the fortune teller for "fun"....we did and found that the man was very strange, made my children very uncomfortable and took many dollars for us....we felt ripped off! Other than that, we enjoyed Abdul, our driver, and our overall tour of Marrakech. I recommend this tour company, just don't see the fortune teller!

1  Thank Emily L

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had 3 days in Marrakech and hired a guide for one of them to show us the medina and new town. Abdul was on time and very professional, and was full of interesting information about the sites we were seeing and Moroccan culture. We thoroughly enjoyed his company. The only thing that put a damper on our tour was ending up at the Ensemble Artisanal and suddenly finding ourselves being pressured to buy a rug. My husband and I had discussed this before our trip, but weren't prepared for it when it happened, and so felt tricked into the purchase. Later in the day we were also ushered into an "herbalist" with the same pressure to buy. So if you do not want to be led into a shop (which our guide undoubtedly received commission on) then let your tour guide know up front. Other than those two somewhat uncomfortable experiences, we would highly recommend Medina Guided Tours.

2  Thank Danielle W
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My wife surprised us with a trip to Marrakech. Since it was a last minute short 3 days trip, we had no idea what to expect. I emailed several tour guides inquiring about their availability on short notice for a 1-day tour and Médina tours responded promptly with his availability and very reasonable rates for his services and a mini van for our party of four. They were able to set up an itinerary for us which included Monuments and old town. The tour guide was very knowledgable about the history, freely shared his personal stories and was very friendly and easy going. He was also very patient with us and our two teenage companions as we kept stopping to take pictures. What I was impressed with the most about him was his ability to point out the best spots and angles for taking gorgeous photos. He also took some great photos of us whenever we asked him to take pictures of our whole group. We ended up canceling the trip to Atlas Mountains because we were tired from the walking on the Souks (traditional markets) and the agency was very accommodating. I'd highly recommend their services

1  Thank davcoop
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My wife and I had a great day at the Medina, Thanks Abdul for bringing us around, this was my first time meeting the Moroccan way of life which was divine and charming!! very interesting and we certainly got a learning of what life would have been like in the old town, I also enjoyed the walks through the Souks and the narrow streets, places, fountains, smells and colors…
The tour guide had an exceptional knowledge of the area and was most helpful all the day, I would highly recommend this great company!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We were accompanied by a knowledgeable guide on our first day in Marrakech and conducted around the medina for a few hours. This was a good idea, as we would never have found our way around it on our own. But after this initial tour, we had no problems recognising landmarks to assist our journies each day, exploring the medina.

1  Thank DorsetNinja