“Excellent food, top service and arabian exquisite atmosphere...”

Restaurant du Red House
Ranked #5 of 861 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$28 - US$41
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Recommeded by Gault Millau, the restaurant of THE RED HOUSE invite you to enjoy some truly fine dishes, the very best Moroccan cuisine.You can also enjoy the traditional and authenticity decor. Every night, you can appreciate the show of belly dancer and life musicians. The restaurant is open from 11:00 to 15:00 and from 19:00 to 23:30.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent food, top service and arabian exquisite atmosphere...”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Fantastic food and most professional sevice -which after having tried other top restaurants in marrakesh such as pepe nero, it is very difficult to find! The atMosphere is fantastic and cannot understand previous review about low light. When we went light was perfect for such beautiful setting.. A musician played the loot and was very pleasant. It is a very romantic place but we took along our toddler and they had a delicious children menu. The 40 euro menu is a very reasonable price for what you get. Wine list with excellent moroccan wines is also vety good. We had an excellent moroccan shiraz.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank lovelacuisine

• Arabic first
Lisbon, Portugal
“Luxurious”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

everything breaths luxury here. a must to see place. The food is good and is very quiet

Visited March 2012
2 Thank fatimarebelo
london
“I would say its a must see”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

You dine in an authentic grand Moroccan house where attention is paid to detail.
I went there with my wife and it was one of the best restaurant experiences we have had and I have been to a good few.
The place was beautiful. The food was great. Come hungry. Service was better than any. They did not do wine by the glass. Only full or half bottles. So I did not order any, but the waiter brought me a glass on the house anyway.
I would definitely say this is a place that you must visit. If you want more light, then sit by a window. What you want, the waiters would bend over backwards to please you.
For about £30 each, we had an experience worth four or five times that. If you are in Marrakech, then don't miss this.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank familyblog
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Stodgy food in a too dark room trying to pass as high class.”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We chose to eat here after reading several positive reviews on Trip Advisor. .
Formula: 3 courses for 400 MAD.
First of all, it was so dark we could mot read our menus. When we took out our torch on our iPhone they raised the overhead light in our area.
Their amuse-bouche was macaroni and cheese with meat sauce which was enough to make a meal in itself.
I ordered the salads and my husband ordered pigeon patilla. His was attractive to look at but much too heavy with the amount of almonds in it. Mine was fine but the Auvergne had a significant amount of admittedly nice tasting olive oil which made it heavy. Also one of the 6 dishes was lamb liver. When I order salad it is usually because I am expecting lighter more vegetarian based fair.
Mains: I had veal tagine, my husband lamb couscous. Neither were anything special and my veal was quite fatty.
Dessert: fruit salad in a very sweet syrup. Rice pudding which was fine but served with whipped cream which I found a bit strange.
Brownies and cookies with mint tea.
This place would be good if you enjoy heavy food without any exceptional execution.
With Moroccan wine and water total for 2 was about €110.
Had live music and a 10 minute belly dance which was nothing special.
Improvements I would make: candles which provided more light, like several on a candelabra
One or two bite amuse bouche not a whole plateful
Take away livers from salad starter
Add a soup to starter choices as otherwise limited to sigle salad choice or 3 types of Pastilla
Take extra fat off meats and go for more delicate flavors.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank DavidJS60
Portimao
“lovely!!!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We loved our dinner in the Red House: great presentation and quality! very nice people serving dinner and a 1001-night ambiance! We were there to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and feel that we had made the right choice, to be in the Red House.

We also enjoyed our breakfasts, that were served in our room. Nice variety and very good quality.

• Visited December 2011