All reviews kings palace the perfect place to stay don't speak french moroccan culture wi fi one night mint tea the main square swimming pool jemaa el pillows dar terrace alley medina
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was the best part of staying in Marrakech.
Staff was really nice and kind.
And I absolutely loved this area and atmosphere.
I'll definitely come back to here when I visit to Marrakech next time.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2017

THE STAFF: I was here for three nights and I interacted quite a bit with the staff. They're absolutely wonderful. But if you need to communicate with them a lot (for example, if you need to arrange for various services), it helps if you speak a little French. Perhaps the owners speak more English but I didn't meet them during my stay. Regardless, the staff were fantastic.

THE ROOM: As other reviewers have mentioned, my room was small but it was clean and tasteful. There was no bathroom door BUT there was a thick fabric curtain that you could close. So unless you're sharing the room with someone who's determined to invade your privacy behind the curtain, it shouldn't be too big of a problem. I was able to get a decent Wi-Fi signal in about half of my room but I can't speak for all rooms. Hot water was reliable. The heater wasn't very effective, but it was manageable.

THE FOOD: I stayed here at the tail end of my trip, and I found the breakfast to be very similar to basic breakfasts elsewhere on the tourist circuit. So it was little boring. I ordered dinner one night and it was ok, but again the staff were great and set up the dining space real nicely for me.

THE LOCATION: I think it's in a good neighbourhood. It's within walking distance to a lot of the major attractions in Marrakech and there's plenty of traffic, but it's far away enough from the chaos of the Jemaa el Fna area.

If you're bad with directions like me, it may be a tiny bit difficult to find the riad the first time. And you may get pestered by kids who follow you and insist on showing you the way. Ignore them, because it's not as difficult as it initially feels. Soon after you enter the alley, you'll see a little store on the right side. Keep walking and you'll get to a T-junction where there's another little store, which sits right next to a small security station/stand. Turn right at this junction and just walk straight, following the curve of the alley. It should take about a minute from the start of the alley.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank carryont
Reviewed December 6, 2016

The riad is absolutely magnificent. The service is nice and cordial: Dominique, who managed things when we were there, is super friendly and so is the staff. He let us use the room for a little past noon to accommodate for our luggage when having to leave a little after normal check out. He organised for a good transport to the airport and offered help in everything we could've needed it for, like checking out the near-by town of Essaouira. One feels immediately welcome, and this comes naturally with no fussy extra effort involved. That's professionalism for you, although in a warm and familiar type of a way.

The room we stayed in was off their lower price category, yet very charming, even romantic with the lighting and the beautiful decor. There was a view to the swimming pool, but also shutters for privacy. Bonus points for pillows you can place behind your back to sit on the bed more comfortably. For the price we payed this was a bargain and everything of extremely high quality.

There is a stunning terrace on the rooftop. The place is central, and though a few maze-like blocks away from the nearest more busy street, relatively easy to find back and safe: situated next to the king's palace, there are guards around all the time.

The only reservation is not having "soundproof" with the next-door mosque and their at this-time-of-the-year too early prayer calls, but calling this a downside would be unfair and unrealistic. Don't think it's easy - if even possible - to escape the megafones of the minarets in the medina.

Hence I highly recommend to anyone and would give 4,5 stars, if that was an option.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2016

This is a nice hidden gem that I would really recommend to people looking for a calm, cosy and well located place. The owners and people working there were all lovely and we had some very interesting insights of the Moroccan culture. The architecture of the place was also really charming.
Thank you once again Riad dar Palmyra for this really nice stay and wish you all the best for the future!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Close to the royal palace and ten minutes walking to the famous Jemaa El Fnaa. Helpful staff, good breakfast and very very good dinner! The room was nice and clean. Great terrace and lovely little pool.
We've had a nice experience, I recommend this riad to everyone.

Date of stay: September 2016