6,351 results
All reviews pool bar animation team golf buggy private pool shuttle bus reception staff all inclusive hotel french guests french speaking main language table tennis plenty of sunbeds evening entertainment themed nights short break water aerobics olive trees
Reviewed February 5, 2018

It's the staff who make holidays spent in the Kenzi Agdal Medina an unforgettable experience .I rarely return to the same hotel in case it is not so good the second time , but my husband & I were looking forward to returning & we were not disappointed .
From the moment we walked into the hotel , the head porter welcomed us as old friends .The reception staff either remembered us , or the computer did , as to our delight , they upgraded us to a suite !
A lot of the staff are the same as last year , Spider & his team of animators are still the best we know & they work hard at keeping everyone happy , as well as entertaining us with their superb shows which are good enough to be on Broadway .
Jean Claude the amazing singer should be working in Las Vegas with his wonderful voice .
Cooking lessons are still hilarious with " Ratatouille " who has such a great sense of humour that he has everyone in stitches .
Chef Ali is still in charge of the kitchen & ensures that everything is perfect for the guests . The soups are all great , but I especially enjoyed the fish , the lentil and the courgette which was so tasty . My husband loved the freshly grilled fish every day & the steaks were heavenly , as were all the vegetable accompaniments ( carrots , spinach , courgettes , cauliflower & many others ). We started our meals with artichokes every day & couldn't resist finishing with the selection of desserts on display to tempt us .
The breakfasts now offer an even larger selection of detox , veg & fruit juices . My favourites were the carrot / orange & the beetroot .
Every evening different themed with fisherman's supper , Italian , Spanish , Asiatic & of course Moroccan . The headwaiter Hashasha & his team of first class waiting staff also made our holiday a memorable one . Everyone doing their utmost to make the guests feel special & spoiled , remembering which wine & water you preferred & trying to seat you at a good table when they could .This was not always possible however as the school holidays made the restaurant quickly filled with the locals & their children on holiday for the last couple of weeks . I will try and avoid school holiday dates in future when I return as it was busy & noisy .
The Barmen too make this hotel exceptional . I don't think I have ever been served so nicely in any other place . They quickly get to know your favourite drinks & have them ready by the time you get to the bar , or if they are busy , they will tell you to take a seat & serve you at your table , along with the olives , peanuts & tasty titbits . We were bowled over by the professionalism of the bar staff in both bars
I cannot praise the entire staff throughout the hotel enough .The hotel's slogan is " Even happiness is included in our all inclusive holidays " , which is very apt .We are already looking forward to our next holiday with this amazing team & will advise friends & family to try it too .

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sugarandspice2
Reviewed February 4, 2018

We enjoyed the stay and I will write about the pros in a second but first of all a few things that are still fresh in my mind for the hotel to consider improving:

- Safe - if you want to use the safe, you need to pay 3EUR / day for that privilege.... It's the first hotel I've been to where you have to pay to use something like a safe!

- Gym and Indoor pool - you will need to pay extra to use these. One of the reasons why we booked this hotel was exactly the gym and the indoor pool (travelled 1-4 Feb so expected the weather not to be great). We were so disappointed to hear that we need to pay for both, especially since it wasn't clear on the website that this was extra.

Pool Bar - plastic spoons coupled with a deco that requires a bit of renovation was enough to make us think that a bit of work is required and fast

Bar - not enough heaters outside. It was about +2C so those who couldn't sit around one were forced to go inside

Bathroom - a bit on a cold side but nothing to really complain about as the rooms were really warm and heating quickly

Quality of wine - we couldn't bring ourselves to drink it... better avoided

Other than the above we did enjoy the stay...

The buffet food was varied and really enjoyable, the water in the outdoor heated pool was kept at a good temperature, the shuttle to the Medina worked really well.... The entertainment staff eat with the guests which surprised us a bit but they were very courteous so more of an unexpected occurrence rather than anything else

Good to know (we wish someone had told us):
- you will need to pay local tax at check out
- the airport is a proper nightmare - even if you're travelling only with carry on luggage, you will have to queue up to check in so that they give you a boarding card (mobile boarding card won't be accepted) - they don't have a printer so actually have to write it by hand and stamp it :) all of this takes a long time so don't think you will be able to just show up at the last moment... this hotel was only 10 min from the airport so we thought getting there about 1.5h prior to the departure time would have been fine but we were up for a surprise. luckily the agency we travelled with challenged us and said we needed plenty of time regardless.

hope this helps and enjoy

Room Tip: the hotel is big so if you mind a longer walk to the room just ask for a room closer to the pool area
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank agatabb
Reviewed February 1, 2018

Just returned from 4 night trip here with my mum (end of Jan 2018)

Hotel: beautiful layout, lots of gardens, quite spacious (clearly built for large numbers in the high season). Gold buggy from reception to Rhiad style blocks of rooms split with gardens/walkways. Not too much walking in my opinion as other reviews have mentioned but guess it depends which block you're put in. Petting zoo/animals at back of resort - bit strange, a lot of goats/sheep/chickens cooped up. Large area for sports (basketball/table tennis/play area) behind pool bar. 20 mins from airport and 10 min free shuttle bus to the city of Marrakech.

Rooms: clean, well presented. Our view was over a building site but didn't use balcony much. Beds comfy. Would have benefit from tea/coffee/bottles of water in room. Fridge a bit smelly! Only 1 channel in English which is the news.

Food: beautiful restaurant, lots of choice. Main downside was that all the plates were cold, as was the restaurant (nearly everyone ate in their coats/scarves) which meant the food was always luke warm by the time you got back to the table - shame as it tasted delicious. Service up and down, some days you'd ask for coffee/cutlery and they would run off to get it never to return, other times they were so helpful and top up your wine glass as soon as getting low.

Pool: two main outdoor pools (one with slides not heated) and a lovely large heated one by the pool bar - one of the best pools I've been in. Nice and warm for winter season, empty, large and very clean. Lifeguard and security always present. Good service at pool bar. The BEST sun loungers I've ever been on!! You can hire towels for ~£12 which you get back on return. Also small childrens pool.

Animation: best animation team I've seen in an all inclusive holiday....a lot of effort had clearly gone into shows which start at 9:30pm. Very funny. (again they don't seem to heat the bar/dance area so on the cold side). During the day, they put on lots of games/events even a cooking class which appeared popular by the pool bar. However a lot of things were based on French audience, less focus on English.

Spa: we used the indoor pool on colder day, but is extra ~£8 each to use each day (doesn't include steam/sauna etc). Gym is additional ~£6.50 a day, looks very smart but some machines were broken. Only used once. Had a massage which was nice, but quite similar to English prices (~£27 for 30mins). They offer lots of other treatments.

Other: free shuttle to the souks well worth a trip, we were very lucky and stumbled across a guy named Omar who said he was official with hotel ...(?hmm) and gave us a brilliant tour of the souks (would've got lost without him), it helped as we didn't get bothered by everyone trying to sell things. He was free of charge - but we tipped him as he was fab and spoke very good English (maybe ask the bus driver to see if he can meet you at the bus stop if interested - not sure if we just got lucky?!)
We also didn't realise until there that we had gone in the Morrocon school holidays - a lot of Morrocon families were therefore in the hotel. Appeared very good for children.

Overall, nice hotel, be nice if heated plates/restaurant/public areas in winter (take a jacket if going similar time - very cold at night!). Rooms could be better with tea/coffee facilities. Lovely outdoor heated pool. Close to airport and city centre.

Room Tip: We booked basic room, didn't have a great view but wasn't important
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie D
Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

It was so beautiful, and the peoples are very friendly! There is an animation team..so, all day all night have a party with them! And my favorite was Reda and Mahmud! They are really lovely and nice people.The hotels equipment perfect. It was my best holiday forever! I think Africa is always a good choice.:))

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2018

We’re here at the mo can’t wait to leave!
The food is served in one restaurant and a pool bar. Very low quality the pork was still bleeding tonight! Hot food is cold served on cold plates. Standard overall is very low.
There are no bars except the main entertainment room which is a zoo! No place for a quiet drink away from the noise except your room!
Room is nice and warm frequented by ants in the bathroom! Bathroom very cold!
Overall very disappointed by this place will not return or recommend.
Sad as it’s my birthday on Wednesday wish I was home.......

Room Tip: Don’t go save yourself some money
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple