Riad Hannah City Hotel
Elvoline
US$673
US$635
Cancelon
All reviewscute hotelrooms are smalla lovely place to stayother guestsevery morningvisit marrakechcleaned every daythe ground floorjemaa elmoroccomedinaexcursionsroof
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Lot of the things that are said about Riad Hannah in other reviews are true.

However you shouldnt go to the riad expecting "european" standards of cleaning and organization, for Morocco it is a pretty clean riad.

Kindly note the taxes, you should read the booking conditions thoroughly before booking as the price gets pretty higher with the taxes. Still is a standar riad with a standard price.

You cant say is the best riad and you cant say is the worse!

I have stayed several times in Marrakech and Riad Hannah was a pretty good experience.

Tip: avoid rooms in the ground floor as is the "hanging out" area and the place where breakfast is seved and you can get your sleep disturb by some other guests (not the riad's fault but we couldnt sleep from 8 morning).

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived in the evening and had to pay for cleaningfee up front before we saw the rooms. The rooms are dirty, the bedding had blod and dirtspots all over, so had the towels. AND there were bedbugs in both rooms. Most shabby place I have ever seen. We tried to get our money back, but they would not give it to us. As it was late at night, we agreed to stay there until the next morning. We did not sleep, so this ruined 2 days for us... I would not recommend to stay in this area if you are Girls travelling alone. IT did not feel safe at all. The next morning when we checked out we had been promised the cleaningfee back in cash, but he told us to Come back the same evening because they did not have any cash. We came back, and we still did not get the money. He promised to deliver the money at our hotel the next afternoon, but they did not do as they promised again. I would recommend you stay outside the medina in Marrakech.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2017

I reserved two nights through Booking.com. Total to be paid on arrival€34.20 general taxes included. City tax not included. When I got there the fellow was quite nice and smiling when he asked for€58.40. I said there must be some mistake. He said no while complaining about having to pay city taxes and showing me a rather dark computer screen where all I could see was the figure€58.40.
I told him I was going to contact Booking.com and proceeded unsuccessfully on the phone. After sending an email I asked the fellow if I could see the room and he quickly replied that it wasn't available. I asked what do you mean it's not available and he said firmly (smiling) "it's not available, but I can do you a favor and show you a room down the lane cheaper and just as good.
He did and I was happy there.
I have read other reviews going back a ways and there is definitely a pattern of extortion here. I am surprised that this kind of dishonest behavior is allowed to continue unchecked.
Incidentally, I paid city tax at the other riad....€1 per night.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jonabye
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Don't book here!!! The pictures of the hallway look great and that's it. The rooms are small and smelly, don't have carpets, the bathrooms don't have doors and the showers have mold in them.
The owner and staff are rude and loud.
They ask for extra money, a "cleaning fee" that in 3,50 euro/night.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Booked online, and when we got at the spot, there was no door for the toilet room. Most of them had big problems with the painting and a smell of moisture. They even charge you 3.5euro per room/day - as a cleaning service.
We stayed in another riad a couple of days before, and it was awesome compared to this. Even got a call to that riad and they accepted us again for another 2 days.

So there are great riads in marrakech, but not this one.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family