See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This beautiful Riad is the nicest place I´ve seen in Marrakesh!
Our host Abdul was so nice, warm and welcoming and gave us helpful information for our stay.
The only people I wolud not recommend this place to are light sleepers

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This riad upon arrival seems ideal warm and friendly. Abdul and the reception staff are lovely and accommodating. However during the night the cats on the roof fight all through the night and make theist unbearable noise ! So much that Abdul threw a tagine at one and I chased two more. All this at 2:45am ! When I was finally dropping off to sleep, the speaker from the nearby mosque started at 5 am so never slept at all !

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My friend and I stayed here at the beginning of July. We stayed in the 4 bed female dorm and for the entire week bar one night we had it to ourselves!

The riad itself is really beautiful but it would probably be quite hard to find without the airport transfer, however once you know where it is you're set.

For the price you can't expect anything fancy (it's way cheaper per night than you'd pay on a campsite in Britain!) but what we did get was perfectly adequate for our weeks stay.

All the staff were really friendly. When we arrived the first thing Salma did was give us a map each and circle the best things to see in Marrakech. Abdul is a great guy! He will sit and talk to you for ages and is always ready to top up your mint tea, he even sorted out bus tickets to Essaouira for us which was really kind of him and very helpful.

The breakfast was great and its included, they serve it every morning between 8 and 10 on the roof and it consists of Moroccan pancakes which are like a flatbread with butter and syrup and mint tea. They also cooked cous-cous and a tagine on Friday night which was really nice and it's one meal in the week that you don't have to think about.

We went on one excursion organised by the riad which was reasonably priced. It was to the Cascades d'Ouzoude, I would definitely recommend this although it's quite a trek!

The only bad point was the airport pickup, we ended up waiting 2 hours for them to arrive! Which, after an extremely long night and the shock of the Moroccan heat we really could have done without so I would say definitely confirm your pick up the day before as this is something I didn't do!

Lastly, (this relates to places to visit in Marrakech) we were really impressed with the Jardin Majorelle it's one of the best places we visited in Marrakech, so if you can I would go there, its quite amazing!

So, back to the Riad! Overall, if you're looking for a cheap place to stay then I would definitely recommend Auberge Riad Douzi, we both agreed that we'd got more of a taste of the "real Morocco" by staying here, it's like staying with old friends in there home as opposed to a hotel where yes, you may get a better standard of room but you certainly wouldn't get the friendly atmosphere and the feeling that you're part of their family during your stay!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lucejuice13
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The Riad is a little bit hard to find the first time...but once you arrive there, it's very easy to come back again. It is located in a very busy street, but with shops nearby. It's a very friendly place, were you can meet people from everywere...and the staff are amazing, especially Majid and Abdul. The free mint tea they offer us is wonderful. Not to mention the hot fresh bread in the morning, for breakfast. If you are looking something cheap (with only bread, butter,/jam and tea for breakfast), clean, with a very nice staff, I recomend this Riad. I would come back...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo