Maison Bahia
  • Pool
Riad Tamarrakecht(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$87
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
Riad Mariana(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$51
US$370
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 11, 2014

Nothing like photos. Although the man running it is very helpful and tries really hard this place is falling apart with cracked walls, damp ceilings loose electrics etc. very poor lighting in rooms. Roof terrace you couldnt swing a cat on with just enough room for the 3 sunloungers that are also falling apart and cant be moved to the sun. No hairdryer,toiletries etc as stated. How they rate this 4* is beyond me its definately 1* at most and thats for location. 5 stars to photographer who took photos in the way he did to make place look like somethiing.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed May 2, 2014

A group of 6 friends booked this Riad which provided us all with a great service.

We booked the Airport Transfers with the Riad which cost us £250.00 dirhams (which is a bit excessive, but we didn't mind as it was an air conditioned minivan) where the driver picked us up from the airport and dropped us off outside Jemaa El Fna Square. Riad manager Abdur Rahman met the group there and took us to the Riad which is located in the back streets of the Square. With that said, from the Riad, it is only a 2 minute walk to the square.

The service and hospitality provided by Abdur Rahman was brilliant, he went out of his was to accommodate and make us feel at home. Breakfast was really nice which consisted of mint tea. orange juice, pancake and some sort of a pastry.

Rooms were nice and clean. If I have anything bad to say, it would be that I was a bit disappointed that there isn't a toilet door. You only get a curtain which you can slide across. With that said, it was overlooked because we had such a good time and we were looked after by the staff.

This was my 4th time in Marrakech, would I use the Riad again??? I'm not so sure, Although it was really nice and friendly, I prefer staying away from the square and having a nice walk to and from the Square.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Very friendly staff, clean and beautifully decorated riad. Breakfast made and served fresh every morning with fresh coffee and orange juice. I loved it. The owner was so welcoming ! The only downside is that it is very difficult to find so you made need to ask someone. Once you have your bearings though it is very central and close to all the things that are going on in the medina.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I really liked my stay in Maison Bahia. Maybe I was lucky to speak French but I could see the person who manages the Riad was doing a big effort to try to understand everyone and was very polite.

This is a typical Riad that reminds me even to south of Spain architecture. I really enjoyed my time here in this typical Moroccan guest of house, breakfast very nice, simple but excellent, Moroccan crepes, plus super fresh orange juice plus coffee (coffe is served with cinnamon)

Of course if you come to Marrakesh you need to be open mind and patient, the rush kills, they say, so take it easy.

Excellent location 2 min from the main square and at night you can enjoy the food market! Go to number 14!! Fish on the way!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We booked online few hours prior our arrival, when we got there the owner wasn't at the spot and we had to rely on passerbies and local people to track him down and call him. We waited 1 hour for him to come to the riad and open the door for us. We probably weren't expected (due to the last minute booking?) because the room we got clearly wasn't cleaned after the last guests. We got the (very nice and helpful, even if not anglophone) owner to change the sheets on the fly, but of course the rest of the room (floor, bathroom, robes) was still clearly dirty. It's too bad because the riad itself is really nice, with a traditional feel and very warm atmosphere. None of the rooms had any glass on the windows, so at 5.20am expect to be waken up by the loudspeakers prayers coming from the next-door mosque (also whatch out in the colder months).

Room Tip: Bottom room (suite) is the biggest and more luxurious, but stinks of humidity due to the position. It's also on ground level very close to the common room and washing-machine room, so you're probably not going to have a very good sleep there (no glass on windows). Upper room (terrace) is tiny and not very comfy, but has immediate access to the terrace and has some light from the outside. Your best bet is probably the middle rooms on 1st floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple