1,285 results
All reviewspool view roomsmall balconypool sidepiano barsister hotelgreat poolpool staffold cityairport transferpancakesjemaa elconciergefrenchpoolsiderosestaxisloungers
Reviewed February 4, 2018

My husband and I are just back from Marrakesh yesterday. Here is my personal review

1) STAFF - were great so friendly and couldn’t do enough to help you, a credit to the hotel, I needed to visit a dentist and the concierge went out of his way to help me, kamial [ sorry for spelling your name wrong) was amazing

2) HOTEL- first impressions were pleasing, bright, spacious and airey, our double room overlooked the road at the front of the hotel onto a derelict hotel but wasn’t an issue. If I went again I would get a room overlooking the pool area much prettier and sunnier.

3) ROOM, was lovely, clean and decent size with plenty of storage and drawers, the bathroom was okay as well with a slight smell didn’t put us off just kept the door shut. There was a television with BBC world news. There are no coffee or tea making facilities so take your travel kettle or use room service. Our room was cleaned every day and again staff were very friendly

4) BREAKFAST - excellent choices we had freshly made omelette every day again staff were excellent

5) DINING- we ate by the poolside a few times and in the a la carte restaurant. I can vouch that the food was very good we enjoyed everything we had, no upset tummies either. I loved the Moroccan mint tea but without sugar.

6) DRAWBACKS-only one and that is they allow smoking in the hotel in the lobby and on the one evening we ate in the resort a la carte restaurant someone was smoking towards the rear of the restaurant, this spoiled it slightly but thankfully we had eaten our dinner so we just left.

7) POOL-great poolit was clean and large and very pretty, staff are great

8) SPA- we used the spa for massage, facial, manicure, all treatments were great. I felt spa rooms were a bit tired and could do with refurb. All in all a pleasant experience

9) OTHER POINTS TO NOTE
. Daily tourist tax of appx 57 MAD applied to all bills
. Everyone speaks French so brush up on this before you go
. You can get MAD at airport cash machines but not allowed to take them out of country and can only spend at airport on Moroccan products only so use them up before you get to the airport
. Recommend using a guide to take you for your first visit to the Souks and you really have to haggle on prices
. Recommend getting the hop off/on tour bus especially red line
. Agree taxi fares before you get into the taxi

There is another hotel on the grounds which you can use Es Saadi Marrakesh Palace, much newer than the resort and more affluent, bigger pools and gardens, they have a casino and disco. We never went except for dinner to the Moroccan restaurant one evening which we loved but very luxurious indeed.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Lorr1961
Reviewed January 27, 2018

I would not say this hotel is 5*, 4* for sure. Clean and does the job. the décor is old and dated but if you want a clean place to stay and enjoy morocco then this is the place for you. we went for 5 nights and completely enjoyed our stay, this hotel is close to the square and you can easily walk everywhere. one of the best holidays we have had. cheap, great culture and perfect weather.

Room Tip: close to local amenities.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mahmuda A
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights with my friends and overall I enjoyed my stay.
When I booked , I was lured by the option of being able to use the palace spa facilities ( I emailed the hotel before booking specifically asking these questions) but in the end it turned up that I could only use the gym ( which was excellent by the way) but had to pay around 40eur per day if I wanted to use the indoor pool and wet area.
The rooms in the hotel are quite dated but comfortable and spacious ( personally I am not a fan of carpeted rooms in hot countries) , the buffet was adequate and the restaurant and pool bar offered a decent selection of international food.
The heated pool was the most enjoyable part of the hotel and the service was good overall with few exceptions.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely characterful hotel in sublime gardens with good service overall. I have enjoyed this hotel several times in recent years but a relatively small incident at breakfast on my final morning (with what seemed contemptuous behaviour by one of the breakfast staff and curiously illogical management by the head waiter) left a shadow - and I won't be returning.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LesFlamantsRoses
Jalil M, Directeur général at Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear Sir Or Madame

We would like to thank you for being such a faithful and loyal guest to Essaadi Resort throughout the recent years. We deeply apologize for the service inconvenience durong your breakfsat meal. Please rest assured that the necessary will be done and hope really that see you once again among us to have the chance to compensate that failure.

We thank you very much for your the feedback and extend our warm wishes to you and your family for this year and all the years to come.

Management

Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay more than I thought I would. The Palais part of the resort is great, but the hotel side is nothing special. The villas are very well constructed and you can walk around and look at them. I did not use the pool, but they look very nice, especially the big one behind the palace.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo