1,853 results
All reviews piano bar mini suite rooftop pool the main square an oasis upgraded to a suite beautiful hotel rose petals moroccan restaurant the hustle and bustle the ground floor five star hotel main pool call to prayer central location crepes jemaa el
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

Very good location, so close to the main square but peaceful and easy to find, just looked for the landmark tower and could get home no matter how lost I though I was. Room was upgraded and was lovely, well decorated (super old black and white photo art), huge balcony, large comfortable sofa, fridge, fresh fruit, daily new rose petals on the bed and robes and slippers with both a large shower and a bathtub. Almost my favourite feature was the scent used throughout the hotel in the elevators and restrooms, it was addictive. The rooftop Indian restaurant is excellent, lunchtime grilled food there delicious, the main bar is cosy and friendly and is perfect spot to end the night. The local rose wine served there (with pistachio nuts and olives) and on the rooftop poolside is refreshing and delicious and affordable. For a fancier night out also enjoyed the French restaurant. I loved the breakfast, would agree with some others that the lady making the omelettes most days was a little grumpy, but they were yummy, as was the large selection of hot and cold meats, fruits and cheese, and the most delicious yoghurt I've ever tasted and I really really don't like yoghurt normally! Overall I found Marrakech delightful, safe, friendly. I only felt slightly out of place once in the main square late at night when it was a distinctly all male atmosphere, but rest of the time was relaxing, particularly enjoyed Sunday evening which seemed to be many local families out for a walk and dinner like the passeggiata. I had two great day trips to the Ouzoud waterfalls and will never forget crossing the Atlas Mountains, just stunning. Helps to know French as seems to be default language.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kershyd
Reviewed February 18, 2017

Perfect for a weekend in Marrakech. Right outside the medina and the big square, this is the most amazing quiet oasis to relax and enjoy the vacation. Rooms are truly beautiful (I wish I could buy the furniture) and you definitely feel like you are in a fairytale. Amazing stay! Highly recommended! Rooftop pool is the best kept secret!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lena L
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

We had never been before and would go back. Staff are amazing so happy and helpful. Hotel is great. Fantastic location for getting everywhere and easy to find! You will know what I mean if you have been to Marra before!!!!! Indian restaurant in hotel definitely worth a visit. I can honestly say the best I have tasted. Hotel bar is friendly and the staff know what you want after first night and bring your drinks over. Nothing is too much trouble for anyone.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bish2004
Reviewed February 17, 2017

The suites are located in a peaceful setting a few minutes walk away from the main hotel. Our 'Mini-Suite' overlooked a verdant courtyard garden with views from our private balcony terrace towards the Koutoubia Mosque. This became a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle, dust and heat of the Medina and Kasbah. The buffet breakfast was varied, had a broad selection of European and Moroccan dishes and set us up for each day ahead. When we walked around the hotel we felt we were living in a different time and cocktails in the Piano Bar were a splendid way to end a busy but satisfying day. For two days, we hired a private guide via the hotel reception. Each day we planned what we wanted to see and were not disappointed at the additional sites we were taken to. Dinner at the hotel's Moroccan restaurant was good (700MAD for 2 peoples - drinks. starter and main course), though dinner at the Indian restaurant was a disappointment - dishes lacked taste, were served luke warm and were almost inedible (650MAD) . The only irritation to flag to other guests of La Koutoubia are the cost of taxi's. As with other international cities the taxi's are abundant in Marrakesh, licenced, metred and easy to hail However, should you ask for a taxi via a hotel porter / doorman then you will find the taxi is either for private hire or the metre is switched off at which point the fare rockets from 20-40 MADs to 200 MADS. Just a minor irritation but something to be aware of. Would we return? Difficult to say as there are some splendid luxury Hotels and Riad's to try another time!

Room Tip: Suites are located away from the main hotel
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 21stCPragmatist
Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

Love the hotel the staff and the roons with patio view is my Second time here and I will be stay again insshala
the manager MRs Roukaya is the best Oh my god love all The spa is wonderful And the Hamman is the best

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple