All reviews junior suite whirlpool bath resident peacock beautiful hotel balcony overlooking the pool the general manager tea bags pool attendant main building moroccan wines mini bar minute taxi ride house keeping away from the hustle and bustle quiet area orange juice bustling city
Reviewed March 3, 2016

Well, where do I start? With the fact that I thought I was in a beautifully-restored palace of several hundred years old (I leave it to you to find out how old it actually is)! Everywhere you look the floors are tiled with mosaic patterned hand-made tiles, obviously laid by hand and everything is reminiscent of age-old tradition. One set of double doors, those to the bar/dining room, are partially worth of a mention: stunning!
As far the room service: not just a quick making of beds and sweep through! No, a lengthy and very thorough clean everyday. The made bed is then left with some beautiful patterns of (always fresh) rose petals, sometimes just a simple arrangement, but sometimes incredibly detailed and grand displays. When I left my nighty out (quite a faded label, but at least Egyptian cotton and some lace!) it was left as an intricate design amongst the flowers, with again another rose on the top. There were always some fresh roses in a vase in the room, too.
Then my next mention must go the staff, from the general manager down to the gardeners and sweepers: everyone is quite astonishingly helpful .... and so friendly and genuine. The attention to detail from the staff is beyond anything I experienced. A few examples: I had a back and knee injury and found myself rather crippled. One word to a concierge, and the next thing is that Mr Ahmed, the general manager, has hired a wheelchair for me - at their cost! We asked where we could some medication: a driver is sent to get the medicines from a pharmacy and returns in no time at all with the change all neatly in the bag. You may only appear to desire something, and someone is there asking what they can do for you. The other thing that I found very obvious in the staff is that everyone was happy. They are extremely polite and solicitous, but not in a kowtowing way; we think the owner of the hotel must put great importance of the welfare and respect of his staff.
There are too many names to mention, but I do want to give particular thanks to Mr Ahmed, the two concierges Soufiane and the young lady, Adil who came shopping with us to ensure we were getting fair prices (what a delight his company was), the waiters and waitresses, in particular our breakfast ladies Ghislaine and Mariam, and 'Smilie' (whose name we forgot because we always called him Smilie), a young man with glasses who could not have been bettered! These names in no way make the other people less mentionable, these just stood out for us.
The inclusive breakfast is superb: there is a choice of just about anything you can think of, from a platter of fresh fruit, through to cereals (who'd want those on holiday?), yogurts, muesli, any type of eggs, omelettes, with all the trimmings, you name it! Baskets with toast and croissants, both sweet and savoury all always served. Freshly squeezed orange or grapefruit juice, lots of different teas, coffee or espresso ..... the list goes on. We were lucky to be able to have it on the patio a few days, too!
The lunches by the pool were good. I tended to ask for roast vegetables with goats cheese. This exact dish was not on the menu as such, but they were happy to make it. One day with 'sinned' with chips: they were absolutely delicious and you could taste they had been fried in olive oil: yum!
In the interest of complete honesty, I do need to make a few comments that are perhaps reflect a little disappointment. The Spa looks superb, but personally I found the prices prohibitive. I had promised myself a treatment at least every other day (we were there for 10 days, but ended up having none). The evening meals were very expensive, and some of the dishes not great. Having said that: every meal started with a complimentary 'soup', an espresso cup full of absolute nectar .... I would have happily had a bowl of that for my dinner and be very content. The rack of lamb, which we had on two occasions, was also cooked to perfection and very tender. If you are a vegetable lover, there are not many vegetables (I guess vegetarians can let the hotel know in advance and they would cater for that superbly, I'm sure). One day I had ordered the veal tagine, convinced at least that veal here was free-range. This turned out to be a vast amount of meat that was turned out of the tagine onto your plate. I doubt it was veal, as it was very stringy and I guess from a much older animal. A small bowl of couscous was served with it, but it looked very unappetising and even my carnivorous husband said that, looking at it, he would not want to eat it either. Later that evening we spoke to a couple who had ordered another veal dish, that they had also returned. I do want to stress that this was our only unsatisfactory meal in the hotel.
The only part of the hotel that I found less than charming was the building containing the dining room, which to my personal taste was a bit too 'trendy' and - again, for us - not very tasteful. I am sure some people will love it!
One more point I would like to make to the hotel is the following: our beautiful downstairs, poolside room lacked only one thing, and that was the possibility to let in the light and still be private. When you open the traditional black doors and panels, everybody can look in. Because it was quite quiet, we took some 'risks' of darting from bed to bathroom etc, but that was something that, to our mind, needs to be rectified.
I hope I have not left anything out.
I also hope that the staff will get feedback from us too .... very well deserved!

Room tip: Oasis approximately 15 minutes drive from Marrakech.
Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank Cloggie-v8x
Palais A, Responsable relations publiques at Palais Aziza & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your lovely words, we are so happy that you choose Palais Aziza & Spa to spend your holidays! It was an absolute pleasure having you and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visits to Marrakech!

Best regards,

Palais Aziza and Spa's team

Reviewed February 15, 2016

Wonderful hotel with kind and friendly staff who are really good at anticipating needs and acting on them. It's really relaxing, the food is great and we will definitely return. It's a really nice peaceful place to spend the days, before taking the shuttle bus into the bustling city for the evenings.
A Biiig thank you especially to SOUFIANE who from the day we arrived showed us around and took care of our ever need and want, we couldn't of asked for more and even organised for a chocolate honeymoon cake be sent to us in our room .
Again a huge thank you and gratitude to all the staff who made our first stay in Marrakech such a memorable expieance look forward to coming back next year .

Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank amand147
Palais A, Responsable relations publiques at Palais Aziza & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2016

Hello,

Thanks so much for this beautiful review and for all these stars! It was great to meet you and so happy to hear that you had a memorable experience with us. Make sure you are always welcome to come "home" anytime!

Until we meet again, happy travels!!

Palais Aziza & Spa

Reviewed January 31, 2016

Just come back from 4 days at this absolute gem of a hotel. You always worry that the reality may differ from the pictures and reviews you see before you go but we needn't have worried. From the moment we arrived the staff were always attentive, helpful and informative. The hotel is so serene and peaceful and it's not everyday you can have breakfast with the hotel peacock wandering around! It was my birthday when we arrived and when my partner informed them of this we were upgraded to a fantastic suite which really made the trip special for me. Special thanks to Karim-restaurant manager who was so friendly and helpful and genuinely wanted to impart his knowledge of Morocco which was much appreciated. Also to Atif and Abdesamade who both made our dining experiences very enjoyable. Aziz at reception was very helpful with his knowledge of places to go in Marrakech and also his colleague whose name I never got but thank also. Great and friendly service is something that can be difficult to come by even in otherwise amazing places and it was this that made our trip so enjoyable. We will definately be returning!
The only thing I would suggest is that transfers back to the airport are also complimentary as the incoming one is.

Room tip: Top floor suites are amazing. If you are in one of their smaller rooms request one that opens onto the pool.
Date of stay: January 2016

Hello Ali!

Thank you so much for this kind words about Palais Aziza & Spa. We are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience with our team! It was a great pleasure welcoming you!

Make sure you are welcome home anytime!

Palais Aziza & Spa

Reviewed December 26, 2015 via mobile

I am writing this review on the last night of our stay. My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights (12/24 to 12/26). We moved to this hotel after staying 2 nights at Jamma el Fna (Marrakech Square, Old City).

Location: The hotel is located in 'The Palmerie' area where you have mansions/palaces of kings and super rich.

Property: The hotel is actually a Palace owned by a Saudi Prince and hence the name of the hotel is literally true. It is a very well maintained and beautiful property with gardens, corridors, high ceilings, and swimming pool.

Room: The rooms are large with spacious bathrooms. The interior decor also have a feel of a palatial room with very comfortable beds and pillows.

Spa: This is the highlight of the hotel. Their 'Hammam' is a must-must. We also had massage and were served Moroccan Tea (mint in hot water with sugar) after both Hammam and massage. Out of this world!!

Food: Our breakfast was included in the room rate and we were served breakfast by the poolside and close to garden. Just awesome! Breakfast included Danish, croissants, toasts, cakes as complimentary in addition to our regular order.

The restaurants have a bar, dining hall, Moroccan salon, and a cigar room. All are done very tastefully. We also had dinner at the restaurant and the quality of the food and the device was just A-1. They serve Marrakech Tajine which

Management/Hospitality: Everyone from the GM (Mr. Ahmed) to F&B Manager (Mr. Kareem) to housekeeping to staff in the restaurant went out of their way to make our stay extra special.

Bottom line: My wife and I have stayed at best of the hotels and our experience at Mosaic Palais Aziza and Spa is right there at the top. We would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!! Must visit, must stay!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelandblog
MOSAIC P, Responsable relations publiques at Palais Aziza & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2015

Hello,

We are very touched by your positive comment about our establishment. Thank you so much for your kind words, which we pass on to our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again,

The team

Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

My girl friend and I just spent 5 nights here for a relaxing break before Xmas. The Raid was perfect in every way. Very beautiful and peaceful setting. Staff were all charming and very helpful. Rooms and facilities all stunning.
Being the week before Xmas the Raid was very quiet and honestly felt like our own Palace!

Worth noting the Palace is about a 20min drive from City and main attractions. An easy £7 taxi though. In our view this is well worth it though - truly tranquil. Nice breeze and fresh air.
Much more authentic than the other 5 star Hotels in town.

We ate out every evening but breakfast and lunches were great.

Not a bad word to say! Just perfect.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamesfK6008EH
MOSAIC P, Responsable relations publiques at Palais Aziza & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2015

Hello,

We are humbled by your lovely review, thank you so much for giving us this feedback it means a lot to us and our staff. We hope to be able to welcome you again soon in Palais Aziza & Spa,

The team