Marrakesh Keys Travel
Review Highlights
Great trip, great guide

We have just returned from a 9 day trip in Morocco travelling from Marrakech to Tangier. It was an... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Jdpitney
Sydney, Australia
Great guide

Aziz is a legend! Very friendly, very knowledgeable and very accommodating. He persevered with the... read more

Reviewed September 5, 2018
Dan W
via mobile

All reviews berber market ourika valley highly recommend aziz day trip expert driver argan oil cooperative his brother moroccan mint tea kasbah tamadot tour guide his knowledge traditional burger berber life an amazing guide full day tour moroccan culture tagine
Reviewed February 3, 2018

Aziz took a group of us around Morroco in his own car/van (incl. his hometown Marrekech) - highly recommend it! He was very warm & knowledgeable - we even visit his family at home at our last day which was really nice & gave us the chance to experience real Morroccan culture ; ) The day hike in the Atlas mtns. for me was especially memorable...

Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful day with Aziz and guide Said. Our original day had to be postponed due to official weather warnings, excellent communications and Aziz offered us the option to go to Essaouira, so glad we waited as our trip to the Ourika valley was simply magical! Smooth journey there, fascinating visit to a Berber house where Zahra served us Moroccan mint tea, freshly made bread and honey and then on to an exotic market. The highlight was a 'once in a lifetime' hike through snowy hills to see waterfalls. It was challenging in the snow but we felt safe at all times under Said's care. We finished off the day with a delicious, freshly prepared tagine and were returned to our hotel happily exhausted after an amazing day. Aziz is great knowledgable company and we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Aziz IS Morocco! We were 4 girls traveling through Morocco, looking for fun and adventure...and Aziz delivered! Aziz was recommended to us by good friends so we already had trust in him. Firstly, it was great having Aziz with us the whole journey so we could not worry about the details and focus on having fun. Secondly, Aziz is just so energetic and optimistic and fun...it was catching! Thirdly, when we asked for adventure, he delivered. After days traveling the roads, the Atlas hike he planned for us was something very special. We saw and experience a great deal and spent a great deal of time with Aziz... and for me, all of it was just awesome! Thanks Aziz!

Reviewed November 4, 2017

My wife and I just returned from a whirlwind trip to Morroco (3 days, 3 nights) and were so grateful to have received Aziz's services. It happened somewhat unexpectedly—we booked two tours (a day trip to Essaouira and a two-day trip to Zagora) through Morocco Desert Trips, who in turn occasionally sub-contract Aziz for their more "particular" customers. So even though we had no direct contact with him before setting off, he effortlessly accommodated all of our adventures. What a lucky turn of events!

Aziz was amazing at both preplanning and improvising. When the camel dairy outside of Essaouira turned out to not have any camel cheese (we arrived a couple of months ahead of schedule!), he drove us the rest of the way into Essaouira, recommended a restaurant for lunch and set us up with a tour of the city—all presumably on the fly.

(Morocco's tourism industry is heavily regulated. Drivers who transport tourists between cities are not necessarily allowed to provide local tours, but must hand you off to local tour guides who are licensed to do so. Aziz did this seamlessly, while also explaining the regulations so we didn't feel as if we were being led into sequential tourist traps.)

All in all, we spent about 18 hours in the car with Aziz over the course of three days. Not only did he coordinate excellent activities and meals that seemed tailored specifically to our tastes (we discovered a mutual love of quince on day one, so he called ahead and set up an amazing tagine of lamb and quince for lunch on day 3!), but he filled up the hours in the car with stimulating conversation—we discussed Moroccan culture, travel, politics, religion—never once becoming heated or awkward. I occasionally asked questions about things I'd seen in Marrakech or things I saw out the window and he was never without an explanation. He is extremely knowledgeable about Morocco and a stimulating conversationalist.

It appeared clear to him early on that we were weary of tourist traps (even though we did get our pictures taken in front of a tree full of goats) and not particularly interested in shopping, and he was careful to point out to us through the rest of the trip where we were expected to pay or tip, even going so far as to explain to a couple of roadside buskers (in Arabic) that we weren't carrying much cash. We were more interested in food and experiences than shopping and photo ops, but I'm certain that, had our desires been different, he would have tailored our experience to us equally well.

He also coordinated his own tour with the rest of our travel plans—calling ahead to the riad we'd already booked just to make sure someone would be there to meet us & guide us through the medina, stopping for dinner even after our tour was over to make sure we got there before it closed. Whether it was translating, giving directions, or calling ahead to double-check reservations, Aziz repeatedly went above and beyond our expectations.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Moroccan driving. Early on in the trip, he mentioned to us: "Moroccans don't drive, they avoid!" And this was evident. Following distance in Morocco seems to be about six in (15 cm), speed limits are mere suggestions, passing lanes on mountain roads are nonexistent, and zooming into oncoming lanes to zip around the truck in front of you while approaching a hill or blind corner is customary. Aziz navigated all of this brilliantly, and somehow, even while driving in Morocco like a Moroccan, managed to put both me and my wife at relative ease. He is a great driver and I am glad we got to experience the road through the Atlas mountains in the passenger seat of his car.

It also bears mentioning his vehicle was a diesel Land Cruiser that was fast, clean, and air-conditioned. Felt very capable of traversing highways and mountain roads, very comfortable, not excessively luxurious or unnecessarily large.

He discussed plans for his own riad (maybe cooking classes with his wife?) and I'm definitely keeping an eye on this for a possible visit in the future. I would highly recommend Aziz to anyone traveling to Morocco and book directly with him for any future trip of ours.

Thanks again to Aziz for making our trip as wonderful as it was! Choukran!

1  Thank Rembrandt M
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Me and my friend had fantastic time in Marrakesh thanks to Aziz!! I'm a fussy lady who wants things certain way and Aziz simple made everything possible for us and made us feel very well looked after.
Our trips to Atlas Mountains, Berber village, suks were just amazing. He is really one of the best guide I had from my travels!
Thank you Aziz! I'll def come back to Morocco!
Gizem and Sarah!